- Beautifully restored Georgian residence.
- Superbly proportioned & tastefully presented accommodation.
- Many outstanding features of the era including marble chimney pieces, ceiling cornicing, centre roses.
- Impressive reception hall with feature limestone floor.
- Truly magnificent views from the front over the entirety of Fitzwilliam Square.
- Electric dumb waiter serving principle floors.
- A location of unparalleled convenience with all the amenities of Dublin City centre on your doorstep.
- Attractively landscaped westerly rear garden with two parking spaces.
- Floor Area approx. 5,920sqft / 550sqm
- Fitted carpets and curtains included.
This most impressive residence has been sympathetically restored and boasts an array of magnificent period features including marble chimney pieces, ceiling cornicing, centre roses. The tastefully presented accommodation extends to an impressive 5,920sqft (550sqm) laid out over five floors, with interconnecting double drawing rooms on first floor, dining room and study at hall level, a master suite comprising the second floor, further bedrooms at the top of the house, and at the garden level a kitchen and breakfast room. There is also a service kitchen on the hall floor, and a dumb waiter serving the garden, hall, and first floor levels.
There are few residential properties located in such a prime location, being positioned on the western side of one of Dublin Cities most renowned squares and only minutes walk from the city centre, with all of its services and amenities. A few minutes away is Grafton Street, National Concert Hall, Trinity College, Iveagh Gardens and Merrion Square with the National Museum of Ireland and Leinster House. The Grand Canal is a few minutes in the other direction, providing a tranquil area in the heart of the city with walking and cycling trails and a host of restaurants and cafés near by. Baggot Street and Haddington Road are both home to some of Dublin’s finest dining options, with shops, bars, and cafés all in abundance here. Grand Canal Dock is also within close proximity, as is the Aviva Stadium.
- Hallway (2.2m x 12.6m)
- approached through Portland stone portico, with limestone marble floor, Georgian fan light over hall door, ceiling coving, centre rose.
- Study (4.9m x 5.1m)
- with George III inlaid white marble chimney piece, flat reeded mantle above a frieze carved with rosettes and alternating inlaid flutes, ceiling coving, centre rose, ornate fitted pelmet, and double doors through to
- Dining Room (4.9m x 7.2m)
- with very good Georgian marble chimney piece, ceiling coving, centre rose, dumb waiter picture window overlooking rear garden.
- with w.c., circular wash hand basin, heated towel rail, tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Serving kitchen (2.3m x 7m)
- with wall and floor presses, four ring hob, warming tray, fridge, freezer, marble tiled floor, stone work surface, one and a half bowl sink unit, dishwasher, slate chimney piece, door to
- Utility Room
- with door to garden.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Landing (2.6m x 2.3m)
- Bedroom 1 (2.6m x 7.3m)
- (incl ensuite) with painted panels, and door to
- En-suite Shower Room
- with shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail, marble tiled floor and walls.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Drawing Room (5.1m x 7.4m)
- with magnificent carved Georgian Blue John chimney piece, antique brass grate, slate hearth, ceiling coving, centre rose, two picture windows overlooking Fitzwilliam Square, embossed panels to door, detailed Georgian overdoors, architraves, gilt pelmets, and double doors leading through to
- Second Drawing Room (4.9m x 7.1m)
- with magnificent Bossi style marble and scagliola chimney piece with antique engraved brass grate, slate hearth, good ceiling rose, and magnificent picture window overlooking rear garden.
- SECOND FLOOR
- Master suite comprising
- Master Bedroom (7.4m x 5.15m)
- with two windows overlooking Fitzwilliam Square, fine carved white marble chimney piece with gas fire, door to
- Fitted Dressing Room (2.2m x 3m)
- En-suite Bathroom (3.25m x 4.9m)
- with marble tiled floor, marble tiled walls, step in shower, free standing cast iron roll top bath, w.c., heated towel rail, pedestal wash hand basin.
- THIRD FLOOR
- Landing with access to roof.
- Bedroom 3 / Sitting Room (5.6m x 5m)
- with black marble chimney piece with pillared supports, vaulted ceiling, views over Loreto sports ground.
- Bedroom 4 (4.5m x 5.1m)
- with white carved marble chimney piece with gas fire inset, views over Fitzwilliam Square.
- Bedroom 5 (5.15m x 2.8m)
- with views over Fitzwilliam Square
- with wall and floor presses, oven, hob, extractor fan, fridge, opening to
- with marble tiled walls & floor, bath, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Breakfast Room (6.75m x 4.8m)
- with four oven Aga, marble floor, exposed feature arch brick and granite work, door to
- with door to front and
- Wine Cellar (2.9m x 2.85m)
- Kitchen (7.15m x 3.15m)
- with extensive wall and floor presses, marble floor, large gas range with five ring hob, built in Samsung American style fridge freezer, dishwasher, twin bowl sink unit and dumb waiter to floors above.
- with marble floor and comms store
- Rear Hallway (1.3m x 3.9m)
- with tiled floor and second comms store.
- Cloakroom (2.3m x 2.9m)
- with antique style w.c., vanity wash hand basin in chrome stand with black marble surround, opening to
- Boiler Room
- with three wall mounted boilers, immersion tank, and electric switch board
To the rear there is an attractively landscaped westerly facing rear garden set out in Italian formal style with box hedging, granite gravel, and illuminated Standard Hornbeam trees lining either side. Garage 5.4m x 2.6m with roller shutter doors. Space for two cars, accessed from Laverty Court. Parking Space 5.7m x 2.9m
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.