- Magnificent detached Georgian residence
- Positioned on beautiful grounds of approximately 0.4 ha (1 acre)
- Located within Enniskerry Village
- Afforded maximum privacy and seclusion
- Beautiful entrance hall
- Four reception rooms
- Large kitchen, utility, entertainment room and study at garden level
- Four bedrooms
- Master bedroom en suite
- Presented in superb condition throughout
- Majestic abundantly stocked gardens
- Oil fired central heating
- Large storage area under main residence
- Floor Area: 405 sqm (4,355 sqft)
The location of Enniskerry Lodge is truly quite exceptionally positioned within the village of Enniskerry,
yet afforded total privacy behind a screen of mature trees and gardens and restored cast iron Georgian gates. The property is only a 30 minute drive to Dublin City Centre. There is excellent public transport to and from the city centre, bus no. 44 to city centre and no. 185 to Bray, the LUAS station at Cherrywood is a short commute, the DART service operates from Bray and the M50 motorway is within a five minute drive away allowing access to Dublin International Airport in a little over 45 minutes. Within the locality there are excellent primary school including St. Gerard’s, Presentation Bray and John Scottus School. There are numerous golf clubs within the vicinity and excellent shopping amenities close by including Avoca Handweavers, Cornelscourt, Dundrum Town Centre and Dun Laoghaire.
The property is approached along a discreet sweeping driveway fringed by mature trees which sets the tone for a sublime setting with beautiful abundantly stocked gardens overlooked from the properties elevated position. Enniskerry Lodge has all the fine characteristics both externally and internally one would expect from a Georgian residence and embodies the charm, elegance and character of this classical building era. Particular external details of note include The Tyrolean rendered exterior; the full height curved projecting bay, Oriel window and the symmetrical window grid. The property is presented in superb decorative order throughout with improvements over the years enhancing its comfort and luxury without compromising its character in the slightest.
On entering a vastly spacious hallway sets the tone for the accommodation throughout. The four reception rooms at this level radiate from the hall with a
staircase to the rear providing access to the upper level and garden level. At garden level a central hallway
leads to an ideal entertainment room with curved bay detail. A spacious kitchen, a study and large utility room complete the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are four spacious bedrooms - all generously proportioned and a family bathroom. The master bedroom has the benefit of a large ensuite bathroom and enjoys a sunny southerly aspect with curved bay wall.
The gardens and grounds of Enniskerry Lodge are a most important feature including a vast array of mature trees including Oak, Pine and Chestnut to mention but a few. The trees add to the unique nature of the property throughout the seasons. The grounds are truly an oasis of peace and tranquillity with numerous connecting sections with simple openings and meandering pathways leading to each unique separate space. Throughout the grounds there is an abundance of mature shrubs and rare plants which heighten the drama and atmosphere of this very special location.
Enniskerry Lodge is one of the finest properties to come to the market in recent years and offers a uniquely private living environment in the heart of Enniskerry Village yet afforded total privacy and seclusion. It is a wonderful family home and exudes charm and character throughout.
- Entrance Hall: (10.55m x 2.55m)
- with original wooden floor, magnificent staircase to upper floor, arch entrance to inner hallway with staircase to lower level, attractive coving and centre roses.
- Dining Room: (5.40m x 4.65m)
- with magnificent marble fireplace with attractive surround, cast iron basket and granite hearth. Feature coving and centre rose.
- Family Room: (4.80m x 4.75m)
- with cast iron fireplace, attractive box oriel window in elevated position overlooking gardens to the front.
- Drawing Room: (6.95m x 4.85m)
- with magnificent floor to ceiling height bow window overlooking moat and garden. Beautiful white marble fireplace with brass inset and granite hearth. Attractive
- Study: (4.50m x 4.15m)
- with cloakroom area, windows overlooking garden to side and rear. Door to
- Guest W.C.:
- with w.c. and w.h.b.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Hall: (8.00m x 2.60m)
- with tiled floor and door to
- Cloakroom: (2.05m x 1.40m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., tiled floor and understairs store cupboard.
- Entertainment Room: (7.10m x 4.85m)
- with feature curved wall details and three windows.
- Office / Games Room: (5.20m x 4.30m)
- Kitchen: (5.00m x 4.35m)
- fitted kitchen with extensive range of cupboards, worktops, drawers, display units, provision for integrated appliances, builtin large Aga oven with extractor overhead, double oven built-in and one and a half bowl sink unit.
- Utility Area: (5.15m x 4.15m)
- with plumbing for washing machine and dryer, store cupboards, sink unit, storage area and door to garden to side.
- Landing Area: (2.55m x 3.75m)
- Master Bedroom: (6.95m x 4.80m)
- [overall measurement] with feature curved wall details, bow window overlooking grounds and door to
- Ensuite Bathroom:
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath with Mira Elite electric shower, tiled floor and walls.
- Bedroom 2: (4.65m x 4.70m)
- with cast iron fireplace and window overlooking garden to front and side.
- Bedroom 3: (3.78m x 3.45m)
- with window overlooking garden to front.
- Bedroom 4: (4.50m x 4.85m)
- with feature cast iron fireplace and window overlooking gardens to front and side.
- Bathroom: (5.05m x 4.20m)
- with w.c., bidet, w.h.b., free-standing antique bath with clawed feet, separate double shower and heated towel rail.
The gardens and grounds are a most important feature of this property. The property stands on 0.4 ha (1 acre) of vastly populated gardens including numerous shrubs, trees and plants. There is a beautiful courtyard garden to the side of the property and the gardens are afforded maximum privacy and seclusion.
BER No. 109884783
Energy Performance Indicator: 396.4 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 11 Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 14
Telephone: 01-296 3662 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.