- An incredibly private standalone property with its own grounds surrounded by walls and trees
- Excellent off-street parking for numerous cars behind electric gates
- Generously proportioned accommodation maintaining many period features of the era
- Gas fired central heating
- South facing garden
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Floor area approximately 215sq.m (2,315sq.ft)
- Superb convenient location on the border of Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire
- Bright well-proportioned and beautifully presented rooms
- Regular public transport including bus and DART offering ease of access to the city centre
Engleberg House is an immensely private stately home with the grounds being lined with trees and walls. Upon entering the property through the porched entrance and reception hall you are greeted with a very attractive property of approx. 215 sqm (2,315 sqft) which is beautifully presented throughout. It offers generous proportions and retains many of the period features of the era which include high ceilings, period feature fireplaces and ceiling coving.
The accommodation briefly comprises a large bright reception hall with pitch pine flooring and the original leaded glass doorway leading from porch. Off the hall to the right is a study room with a lovely south facing bay window, open fire and all the period features intact. On the opposite side of the hall is the drawing and dining rooms with dual aspect bay windows, original ceiling coving, picture rails and two feature fireplaces. There a w.c. and a superb spacious kitchen with two utility rooms and French doors leading to the garden.
At the first floor level there is a expansive landing area, 4 double bedrooms, master being ensuite, wc and bathroom. Up a further staircase is a bright loft room with plenty of storage in the eaves.
The location of this superb family home will be of major interest to those seeking of a property in this desirable highly sought after location. It is surrounded by excellent primary and secondary schools as well a superb shopping in both Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire offering specialised shops, bars, cafes and some of South Dublin’s finest restaurants. It offers superb recreational and leisure facilities with pleasant walks by the seafront, a selection of gyms, tennis clubs and sporting venues and for the sailing enthusiast the four yacht clubs and extensive Marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest.
- Porched Entrance (1.2m x 2m)
- with double folding doors leading in, tiled floor, tiled wainscoting and frosted windows either side of the hall door
- Reception Hall (2m x 2.4m)
- with solid timber floor, dado rail, ceiling coving, enclosed radiator, digital security alarm unit and arch to the
- Inner Hall (3.95m x 2.65m)
- with solid timber floor, dado rail, ceiling coving, intercom to front gates and understairs storage
- Guest W.C.
- with tiled floor, w.c. and wash hand basin
- Drawing Room (4.35m x 4.55m)
- with ceiling coving, ceiling rose, enclosed radiator, original timber floor, exceptionally fine marble fireplace with copper hood, pattern tiled inset and tiled hearth, picture rail and a wide opening through to the
- Dining Room (3.95m x 4.9m)
- with ceiling coving, ceiling rose, picture rail, polished timber floor, attractive open fireplace with timber surround, tiled inset and hearth, enclosed radiator and wall mounted television
- Study (4.3m x 4.5m)
- with bay window overlooking the front, polished timber floor, very fine period fireplace with mahogany surround, pattern tiled inset and tiled hearth, ceiling coving, ceiling rose and picture rail
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.05m x 6.2m)
- with a range of fitted hand painted Shaker style units, granite worktop, one and a half bowl sink unit, Neff five ring gas hob with Neff stainless steel oven under, extractor over, space for fridge/freezer, intercom to front, selection of drawers and presses, tiled splashback, window overlooking the side, enclosed gas fired central heating boiler with timing controls underneath, plumbed for dishwasher, gas AGA with fitted units under, shelving over, polished worktop, twin windows and double folding hardwood double glazed doors that open out to the garden
- Utility Room
- is plumbed for washing machine, Velux skylight, LED recessed lighting, storage press, door to side and door to
- Utility Room 2
- is plumbed for tumble dryer with fridge and shelving
- with very attractive staircase
- with shelved hot press with lagged cylinder and pump for shower
- Separate W.C.
- with roll top bath with claw feet, antique style fittings, pedestal wash hand basin, step in tiled shower, tiled floor and recessed lighting
- Converted Attic (5.73m x 2.96m)
- with vaulted ceiling, timber panelled walls and ceiling with timber trusses and beams, timber effect floor, recessed lighting, two Velux skylights, under eaves storage and further storage
- First Floor
- with archway, hatch to attic, dado rail and intercom to front
- Bedroom 1 (4.02m x 2.86m)
- with painted cast iron open fireplace with tiled inset and tiled hearth and picture rail
- Bedroom 2 (3.7m x 4.3m)
- with a range of built in wardrobes, vaulted ceiling, picture rail and painted cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth
- Bedroom 3 (3.7m x 4.35m)
- with large window overlooking the front, painted cast iron fireplace with tiled inset and hearth and built in wardrobes
- Bedroom 4 (4m x 3.95m)
- with vaulted ceiling, picture rail, window overlooking Engleberg Court, painted cast iron fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, television point and door to
- En Suite Shower Room
- with steps down, cloak hanging area, pedestal wash hand basin, towel rail, step in tiled power shower, w.c., louvered double folding doors that open into a storage area
The property is approached by a wide driveway to the front providing off street parking for numerous cars behind a sliding high timber electric gate. The south facing garden to the side and front of the property is laid out mainly in lawn with mature planting and trees with patio area for al fresco dining.
BER No. 106068992
Energy Performance Indicator: 358.39 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01-280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.