- Magnificent double fronted Victorian family residence
- Digital security alarm system
- Highly regarded mature residential road
- Ample off street car parking to front
- Wonderful decorative detailing throughout
- Four gracious reception rooms at hall level and five large bedrooms at first floor level
- Ample ancillary accommodation at garden level with potential for conversion to a self-contained apartment
- Gas and oil fired central heating
- Exceptional generous level lawn garden to rear with southerly aspect
- Entire standing on approximately 0.20acre.
- Off street car parking to rear, access via an electronically operated security gate
- Gross internal floor area of approximately 452sq.m (4,875 sq.ft)
Bartra is a truly imposing double fronted residence. To the front a flight of granite steps leads to the hall door, upon entering there is an impressive but welcoming reception hall off which there are four elegant reception rooms. To the left there is a truly magnificent interconnecting drawing room and dining room. The dining room enjoys a feature bay window with pleasant outlook over Eglinton Road. The drawing room to the rear has a large picture window overlooking the rear garden; both rooms enjoy detailed yet subtle period details indicative of the year of construction. These gracious rooms are ideal for entertaining on a grand scale or indeed perfect for comfortable day to day living. To the other side of the reception hall there is a family room located to the front of the property with double doors leading through to a well fitted family kitchen to the rear. On the hall floor return there is a useful utility room with access to the rear garden. From here a flight of stairs lead to the garden level. At garden level there is a bathroom and a series of well-proportioned rooms providing immense versatility in their potential use. The accommodation throughout Bartra is so extensive the garden level could easily be converted to a self-contained apartment which currently benefits from separate side and back entrances. Alternatively these rooms could be used in conjunction with the main residence as additional living accommodation.
On the top floor of this fine family home there are five generous bedrooms all at the one level, a most unusual feature for Victorian family homes. The master bedroom is en-suite and there are two further bathrooms. The entire residence has been impeccably maintained and preserved by the current owners. To the front of the property Bartra enjoys ample off street car parking and to the rear there is an extensive level lawn garden which is well walled with the benefit of an electronically operated vehicular security gate providing additional parking to the rear of the property. There is also an integral outside W.C.and washbasin servicing the garden with secure storage. Overall the property enjoys immense privacy as well as the added benefit of a most important southerly aspect ensuring maximum levels of light throughout the day. Houses of this calibre which offer location, substance, style, space, parking, large gardens and a southerly aspect rarely come to the market.
Eglinton Road is a highly regarded and much sought after mature residential road with some of the finest Victorian family homes Dublin has to offer. A deservedly popular residential location a short stroll to the village of nearby Donnybrook and also easily accessible to Ranelagh. The property is within easy reach of nearby Elm Park Golf Park and Dublin City Centre is 3km away. Some of Dublin’s most sought after primary and secondary schools are in the immediate vicinity and there are regular bus services from Dublin City Centre.
- Hall Door
- with feature fanlight over.and ornate metalwork side windows
- Reception Hall (9.85m x 2.17m)
- with decorative ceiling cornice work.
- Dining Room (5.39m x 7.1m)
- into bay with sliding sash windows to front, sliding sash windows to side, feature marble fireplace with gas fire inset, feature recessed alcove at either side of the fireplace, double doors to
- Drawing Room (7.7m x 5.25m)
- with sliding sash window to side, large picture window to rear, feature marble fireplace with solid fuel fire inset, recessed alcoves to either side of fireplace, decorative wall moulding.
- Family Room (5.1m x 5.7m)
- with feature black marble fireplace with tiled surround and gas fire inset, two double glazed sliding sash windows to front, impressive double doors leading to
- Kitchen (4.2m x 4.8m)
- with a range of bespoke handcrafted fitted floor and eye level press units incorporating large refridgerator, double ovenAga oil-fired cooker, Dietrich electric hobs x 3, Double bowl stainless steel sink unit in black granite worktop, plumbed for dishwasher, electric oven with microwave overhead.
- Lobby (2.5m x 2.1m)
- with sliding sash window to side and door to
- Utility Room (4.16m x 2.54m)
- with built in press units, Corian worktop and sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, attractive quarry tiled floor, two sliding sash windows to one side and one larger sliding sash window to the other, door to rear garden with granite steps.
- Staircase down to
- Garden Level
- Lower Reception Hall (2.1m x 10.2m)
- Study (5.5m x 5.4m)
- with feature bay window, sliding sash windows, recessed lighting, timber flooring, pleasant views towards Eglinton Road, feature cast iron fireplace with solid fuel fire inset.
- Downstairs Scullery (5.5m x 1.5m)
- with built in press units, granite tiled floor, dumbwaiter lift up to dining room
- Sitting Room (4.7m x 3.6m)
- with picture window to rear, cast iron fireplace, recessed lighting, timber flooring.
- door to sheltered paved patio
- Bathroom (2m x 1.9m)
- w.c., w.h.b, tiled floor.
- Library (5m x 3.6m)
- with two sliding sash windows to the front of the property.
- Original Kitchen (5.4m x 4.9m)
- Original kitchen with granite tiled floor, large tiled fireplace and window to rear.
- Boiler room (1.7m x 5m)
- Modern efficient Oilfired central heating unit
- Reception Hall (4.9m x 1.7m)
- with hardwood door to side of house providing access to the front of the property.
- Understairs Store (2.2m x 2.1m)
- glow worm gas boiler window to side
- Under steps (3.1m x 1.9m)
- From the hall floor a magnificent staircase leads to
- First Floor Return
- Bathroom (5.6m x 2.4m)
- with a w.c., lobby and separate
- bath, heated towel rail, picture window to rear.
- leading to the
- First Floor Proper
- landing with feature vaulted ceiling and cornices.
- Master Bedroom (5.4m x 6.1m)
- with bay window to front, two sliding sash windows to side, marble fireplace with gas fire inset, door to
- En Suite Bathroom (2.1m x 3.5m)
- with w.h.b bidet, w.c., corner shower unit, sliding sash window to front.
- Bedroom 2 (5m x 5.6m)
- with two double glazed sliding sash windows to front, painted slate fireplace and built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 (5m x 3.7m)
- with large sliding sash picture window overlooking the rear, built in wardrobes, painted slate fireplace with fuel fire inset.
- Bedroom 4 (5.1m x 3.5m)
- with built in wardrobes and sliding sash window, cast iron fireplace with solid fuelled fire inset.
- Bedroom 5 (5.2m x 4.8m)
- with double glazed sliding sash window to rear, double glazed sliding sash window to side, tiled fireplace with gas fire inset. Steps up to
- Top Floor Lobby
- with shelved hot-press off, door to self-contained
- tiled floor and door to
- Bathroom (6m x 2.4m)
- w.h.b., tiled floor.
To the front there is a wrought iron pedestrian access gate and ample off street car parking for 3 cars located behind a separate wrought iron gate. A side entrance leads to a separate garden level entrance and on to the rear garden. The rear garden is truly exceptional, facing south and not overlooked to the rear. It is laid out in lawn with sun patio. There is an electronically operated vehicular gate leading to a generous gravelled parking area. The entire stands on approximately 0.20acre and the rear garden measures 27m / 88ft.
BER No. 107896870
Energy Performance Indicator: 347.27 kWH/m2/yr
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: +353 1 662 4511 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.