- Surrounded by pleasant walks over Killiney/Dalkey hills, the seafront and many recreation and leisure activities
- Highly regarded, prestigious residential address
- Standing on 0.12Ha (0.3 acre)
- Sunny private landscaped westerly rear garden measuring approximately 33m (108ft) in length
- Superbly presented generously proportioned free flowing accommodation extending to approximately 302sqm (3250sqft)
- Secure gravelled parking for many cars to the front
- • Close to the superb amenities in Glasthule and Dalkey villages, Sandycove Harbour, the Forty Foot, Bullock Harbour and Sandycove Tennis Club
- Gas fired central heating
- Double glazed windows
- Digital security alarm
- New boiler installed in 2017
- Within walking distance of excellent schools, the bus, DART and Aircoach
- Fitted carpets, curtains, kitchen and utility appliances included in the sale
- Solid cherry wood internal doors
Eden has been in the present owner’s possession since 1998 and early the following year was granted permission to all but knock the house down and rebuild it from scratch under the watchful eye of architect Clodagh Nolan whose work recently featured on ‘Home Of The Year’. In 2007 the house was further extended. This stunning property has been a wonderful family home to the current owners and they are only moving because of an exciting development opportunity that came their way.
This spacious home, which extends to approximately 302sqm (3250sqft), with substantial ceiling heights, offers bright and airy generously proportioned accommodation that flows wonderfully from one room into another off the large atrium reception hall. The kitchen like many other architect designed homes is the central hub of this beautifully presented family home. Along with a breakfast area it opens through double doors to a large dining room, whilst stepping down to a family area to the rear overlooking the stunning sunny garden. Upstairs there are generous bedrooms with the master suite encompassing the entire of one side running front to back enjoying a walk in dressing room and a large contemporary en suite bathroom.
The rear garden is a particular feature of this stunning family home, being secluded and completely private, bordered by high shrubbery and planting. It benefits from a sought after sunny westerly orientation and is laid out mainly in lawn with an elevated New England style deck spanning the entire width of the property, making it ideal for sundowners and ‘al fresco’ dining. The garden measures approximately 33m (108ft) in length.
The location of this quality family home will be of major interest to those trying to get a foothold in the highly regarded much sought after area of Sandycove and Dalkey, close to Sandycove Tennis Club, Sandycove Harbour and the Forty Foot as well as being within a short stroll of Cuala GAA United sports ground on Hyde Road. ‘Eden’ is surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools including Castle Park, Harold National School and Loreto Abbey Dalkey just to mention a few. The superb amenities and facilities at Dalkey Village and Glasthule have to offer are only a short stroll away and Dun Laoghaire Town Centre is just a bit further afield. The bus and DART close by service the city centre and more schools and the Aircoach runs to and from the airport every hour. There are popular scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along the seafront and the four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Decked Veranda Style Entrance
- opens into the reception hall with double doors
- Reception Hall (5.5m x 5.25m)
- with solid maple floor, atrium, recessed lighting, digital security alarm unit and understairs storage
- Study/Bedroom (3.9m x 5.3m)
- with open fireplace with limestone surround, slate inset and hearth and television point
- Drawing Room (6.7m x 5.5m)
- with solid timber floor surround with carpet inset, painted panelled wainscoting, limestone fireplace with slate inset and hearth and gas coal effect fire to the front, television point, large rear picture bay overlooking the stunning garden and door to rear deck
- Dining Room (5.2m x 2.8m)
- with door to family area
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.6m x 4.3m)
- with natural stone tiled floor, recessed lighting, is fitted with a range of cream gloss finish press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, pull out bin, Bosch dishwasher, Stoves five ring gas hob with large oven under, stainless steel splashback over, upstands, Stoves stainless steel chimney effect extractor, Bosch fridge, Bosch stainless steel microwave, stainless steel finished worktop with cylindrical bowl and draining sink unit, centre island unit with maple solid top with breakfast bar and extra fitted storage, intercom to front, telephone point, fitted shelving, further recessed lighting and door to
- Utility/Laundry Room (2.6m x 3.8m)
- with tiled floor, press units, drawers, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, door out front, door to side passage, Velux skylight, Vokera Riello condensing gas fired central heating boiler installed in 2017, digital heating controls, digital security alarm panel, and fridge/freezer, built in box shelving and cupboard storage
- Family Room (5.3m x 3.7m)
- with wall of glass overlooking the deck and rear garden, built in shelving, television point, Olsberg gas burning stove and double glazed French doors opening out onto the rear deck
- Games Room (3.8m x 5.1m)
- with painted panelled wainscoting, built in shelving and recessed lighting
- Downstairs Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira Sport shower with oversized tray, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, part mosaic tiled walls, heated towel rail, Dimplex fan assisted wall mounted heater, extractor, recessed lighting, fitted mirror and maple floor
- Master Bedroom Suite (4.3m x 7.1m)
- with vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, built in solid cherrywood bespoke wardrobes, drawers and cupboards, cupboards opening into under eaves wardrobe storage and door to
- Walk In Wardrobe
- with hanging area, box shelving, recessed lighting, large mirror and Velux storage
- En Suite Bathroom (4.3m x 3.6m)
- with large bath, his & hers wash hand basins both with mirror over, storage under, recessed lighting, step in natural stone tiled Shires power shower with oversized tray, recessed lighting, Velux skylight, heated towel rail, mosaic tiled floor, rear section overlooks the rear garden and a separate w.c. with Velux skylight
- with recessed lighting, solid timber floor, large skylight and door to
- Inner Landing
- with shelved airing cupboard
- Family Bathroom
- with feature frosted glass blocks, mosaic tiled floor, part tiled walls, bath with power shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mirror over, w.c., mirrored fronted medicine cabinet, Dimplex wall mounted fan assisted heater, tall mirror and Velux skylight
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Grohe power shower with w.c., semi-pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, mosaic tiled walls, recessed lighting, extractor and Creda fan assisted heater.
- Bedroom 2 (4.2m x 5.5m)
- with solid pine timber floor, dormer window overlooking the rear with deep wardrobes either side, further eaves storage wardrobes with chest of drawers in the centre, recessed lighting, built in head board units, bed side lockers and desk. Access to under eaves storage behind headboard.
- Bedroom 3 (3.3m x 4m)
- with Velux skylight and under eaves storage
- Bedroom 4 (4.3m x 3.9m)
- with solid timber pine floor, large window overlooking front and under eaves storage
To the front of the property, a gravelled driveway provides ample off street car parking for several cars behind solid timber gates. There is a covered area to the side with a garden shed. A side passage leads through to the spectacular west facing rear garden. A timber deck spans the entire width of the property and is ideal for al-fresco dining with recessed lighting. Steps lead down to a manicured lawn measuring approximately 35m (110ft) in length bordered by mature shrubbery.
BER No. 110896693
Energy Performance Indicator: 193.29
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01-280 6820 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.