- Magnificent detached Georgian Villa dating from circa 1850.
- Positioned on Rathgar Avenue with open outlook toward Kenilworth Square and Leicester Avenue.
- Ample off-street car parking to front and side access through garage.
- Gracious well-proportioned reception rooms with magnificent period features to include fireplaces, sliding sash windows, ceiling cornice and coving.
- Ample opportunity to extend the existing residence as so desired.
- The entire stands on approximately 0.24 acre.
- Mature south westerly garden to rear.
- First class residential location, adjacent to Rathgar Village but also easily accessible to Terenure and Rathmines.
- Gross internal floor area of approximately 250sq.m. (2,700sq.ft.).
At garden level, Eagle Lodge boosts additional accommodation comprising of a family room, additional bedroom accommodation, the family kitchen and breakfast room with a shower room also at this level. There is excellent ceiling height at garden level and the entire is immensely bright benefitting from the large sliding sash windows in each of the rooms. The house, and in particular the period features, have been maintained through the years and the sale of the Eagle Lodge now presents an opportunity to refurbish this magnificent residence into a truly wonderful family home.
Houses of this calibre offering such potential rarely come to the market in Rathgar. The gardens and grounds of Eagle Lodge are an outstanding feature and (as previously mentioned) there is ample off-street car parking to the front and to the rear there is a magnificent mature garden laid out in lawn with a myriad of mature shrubbery and trees. The garden is well walled and enjoys immense privacy and an important south westerly aspect. There is ample scope to further extend the property subject to planning permission.
Rathgar Avenue is a deservedly popular residential location enjoying enviable convenience being adjacent to the Village of Rathgar with its specialist shops, restaurants and public houses but also easily accessible to both Terenure and Rathmines with a host of amenities on its doorstep not to mention being easily accessible to Dublin City Centre which is only 3km away. The property is exceptionally well-located close to some of South Dublin’s most sought after secondary schools to include The High School Rathgar, St. Mary’s College Rathmines and Terenure College.
- Entrance Hall: (5.50m x 1.80m)
- accessed via five granite steps to the attractive hall door with Georgian fan light over.
- Drawing Room: (4.76m x 5.40m)
- with large sliding sash window to front and magnificent marble fireplace.
- Bedroom 1: (4.95m x 5.40m)
- Bedroom 2: (3.95m x 6.80m)
- to rear, with pleasant dual aspect.
- with w.c., wash hand basin and bath.
- HALL FLOOR RETURN
- with feature glazed panel door.
- Bedroom 3: (2.50m 3.90m)
- GARDEN LEVEL:
- accessed via staircase.
- Garden Level Entrance Hall: (12.3m x 1.90m)
- with tiled floor.
- Family Room: (4.79m x 5.40m)
- with sliding sash window to front with door to the
- Kitchen: (3.80m x 3.80m)
- with a range of fitted press units and Stanley Range.
- Breakfast Area: (3.90m x 2.17m)
- Bedroom 4: (4.68m x 5.30m)
- with sliding sash window to front and magnificent white marble fireplace.
- Reading Room: (3.00m x 4.50m)
- Shower Room:
- with w.c., w.h.b., shower and fully tiled walls and floor.
(As previously mentioned) There is ample off-street car parking to the front of the property, a vehicular garage to the side of the property and to the rear a mature garden with a range of shrubs, trees and level lawn. The entire stands on approximately 0.24 acre and the rear garden enjoys an important south westerly aspect.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.