- Striking Victorian residence.
- Recently refurbished and upgraded accommodation of approximately 210 sq.m. (2,260 sq.ft.).
- Re-wired, re-plumbed and re-configured in 2013.
- Re-roofed in 2014.
- Showcasing many original features including magnificent fireplaces, ceiling cornicing and centre roses.
- New double glazed rope and weight sliding sash windows throughout.
- Victorian Salvage Company solid wood hand painted kitchen.
- Gas Fired Central heating.
- Pressurised water system.
- Side and rear access.
- West facing garden.
- Superb location a short stroll to Rathgar, Terenure and Rathmines villages.
On entering the property by granite steps one is greeted with a gracious reception hall with travertine tiled flooring featuring underfloor electric heating, high ceilings with ornate coving and cornice work, ornate half arch and ceiling rose, off which are two very fine inter-connecting reception rooms with matching original marble fireplaces. There are stairs down to an extremely well laid-out kitchen/dining/family room which opens out onto a private and sunny westerly facing rear garden. A guest w.c., utility area and cupboard completes the ground floor accommodation. On the first return is a large and luxurious family bathroom and convenient study/home office. On the first floor level there are three magnificent bedrooms, one to include the master ensuite shower room. On the second floor return there is a fourth bedroom with ensuite shower room and a second study/home office.
Outside to the front there is a beach pebbled garden bordered by box hedging and bay trees and to the rear a sunny westerly facing garden laid out mainly in lawn with Indian sandstone paved patio area and pebbled dining area enjoying immense privacy and not overlooked, ideal for al fresco dining and further enjoying convenient pedestrian access out onto St. Enda's Road.
This highly impressive residence is exceptionally well located in the heart of Rathgar village and a short walk to Terenure and Rathmines villages, also a short commute to the city centre which is approximately 5km away. There is an excellent selection of amenities in the area including the Dodder Linear Park, Bushy Park and Palmerston Park and the LUAS at Cowper is a short walk, as are a good selection of tennis, rugby and fitness clubs. The area is exceptionally well-serviced by a number of well-renowned schools, including: The High School, Rathgar; Terenure College, Our Lady's Templeogue and St. Mary's Rathmines.
All in all this is a genuinely special and unique family home where a classic contemporary style, high quality finish and cleverly designed family space make it a fantastic period residence ready for immediate occupation. Viewing of a property of this calibre comes highly recommended.
- HALL LEVEL
- Entrance Porch:
- accessed via granite steps, with tiled floor and leads into
- Reception Hall: (1.75m x 9.30m)
- with magnificent ceiling coving, centre rose, underfloor heating, travertine tiled floor, dado rail, cloakroom and understairs storage cupboard. Stairs leading to the lower hall which features solid oak wide plank flooring, a cloak hanging area and further store room which houses the gas boiler and additional freezer.
- with w.c., w.h.b., wainscot panelling, oak floors and recessed lights.
- Utility Store:
- plumbed for washing machine and dryer.
- Drawing Room: (5.60m x 5.35m)
- measurement into the bay, with ceiling coving, centre rose, open fireplace with marble mantel and cast iron tiled inset, picture rail, bay window, fitted book shelving and cupboards. Double doors leading through to
- Dining Room: (5.45m x 4.20m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose, open fireplace with marble mantel and surround, cast iron tiled inset, picture rail, radiator cover, fitted book shelving and cupboards.
- Kitchen: (3.60m x 4.40m)
- accessed via double doors from the entrance hall, Victorian Salvage kitchen with a range of fitted cupboards and units, centre island, Belfast sink, marble worktops, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge freezer, Waterford range with five gas ring hob and an extractor fan over and solid oak wide plank floor. Opens out into
- Family Room: (3.70m x 2.95m)
- with two velux windows, recessed lighting, fitted book shelving with cupboards under and solid oak wide plank floor, multi-glass panelled double doors leading to the rear garden.
- HALL RETURN LEVEL
- Study/Home Office: (1.80m x 2.35m)
- with radiator cover and recessed lighting.
- Bathroom: (3.85m x 3.30m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., free-standing bath, step-in double tray Grohe shower, tiled ceramic floor, feature cast iron fireplace, wainscot panelling, recessed lighting
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Master Suite / Bedroom 1: (5.50m x 4.25m)
- measurement includes ensuite, with picture rail, ceiling coving, white marble fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset and
- Ensuite Shower Room:
- with wc, w.h.b., double tray step-in shower, tiled ceramic floor, radiator cover and recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 2: (4.45m x 5.50m)
- measurement into the bay, with picture rail, ceiling coving, radiator cover, white marble mantel with cast iron and tiled inset, bay window.
- Bedroom 3: (3.10m x 3.00m)
- with picture rail, ceiling coving and cast iron open fireplace.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN LEVEL
- with a large skylight, providing excellent natural light and radiator cover.
- Bedroom 4: (3.85m x 4.65m)
- with radiator cover, cast iron open fireplace with tiled inset, access to the attic and
- with w.c., w.h.b., step-in shower, heated towel rail, tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Second Study: (1.35m x 1.80m)
- with radiator cover.
To the front, there is a tiled pedestrian path with a beach pebbled gravelled garden and side access to the rear which is laid out in lawn with Indian sandstone paved patio area and beach pebble dining area with steps leading up to pedestrian access leading out to St. Enda's Road. A door from the garden leads under the house providing excellent storage and potential to develop basement level subject to the necessary planning consents. The rear garden measures approximately 17m (56ft) in length x 8.60m (28ft) in width.
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.