- Excellently restored and extended accommodation extending to approximately 136 sq.m (1,463 sq.ft)
- Presented in turnkey condition throughout
- Decorated with great flair and taste
- Fitted blinds and kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Side tunnel providing rear access for bicycles and bins
- Underfloor heating to the rear extension and bathrooms
- Pull down ladder attic to floored attic
- Modern kitchen with underfloor heating
- Residents disk car parking on the street
- Many period features intact
It is evident on crossing the threshold into this beautiful family home that it has been lovingly and sensitively extended and renovated and it now combines every modern day convenience with all of the grace and charm of it’s era. The beautifully proportioned accommodation is presented in turnkey condition throughout and is complemented by a delightful southerly terrace to the rear ideal for al fresco dining and which allows the rear of the property to be flooded with natural light. This charming property has undergone an extensive renovation and extension project and has been decorated with great taste and flair. Now all that remains for the discerning purchaser to do is quite literally to hang their hat.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being situated in the heart of Dun Laoghaire with every conceivable amenity available within a stone’s throw including two major shopping centres, many boutique and specialist shops, restaurants, pubs, cafes, the multi-plex cinema, the town hall and the superb amenity that is the Lexicon library. Sporting amenities within the area abound including Sandycove, Glenageary and Monkstown tennis clubs, Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its four yacht clubs, marina and boating and many peaceful walks close by along the seafront and through the People’s Park with its vibrant farmer’s market taking place at the weekends. There is an excellent choice of well respected schools in the area including the Harold National School, Rathdown girl’s school, CBC Monkstown along with Cluny, Holy Child and Blackrock College a little further afield. A more idyllic location for convenient family living would be difficult to imagine.
- Entrance Porch
- with feature arch, tiled floor and leads into the
- Entrance Hallway (1.8m x 7.7m)
- with digital alarm panel, feature stained glass hall door with stained glass either side, cupboard housing the fuse board, picture rail, ceiling coving, semi-solid wide plank oak flooring, door to understairs storage and door to
- Guest W.C.
- with wall mounted w.c., wall mounted wash hand basin, extractor fan and tiled floor, underfloor heating
- Living Room (3.75m x 4.76m)
- with window overlooking the front with beautiful stained glass feature, semi-solid wide plank oak flooring, ceiling coving, picture rail, television point, marble fireplace with raised granite hearth, fitted bookshelves and sliding doors leading through to the
- Family Room (3.38m x 4.3m)
- with semi-solid wide plank oak flooring, newly installed wood burning Charnwood stove, ceiling coving, picture rail, French doors out onto the rear garden and archway down through to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.48m x 8.47m)
- with tiled floor and underfloor heating, sliding doors out onto the rear garden, door through to a cupboard which is plumbed for washing machine and dryer, recessed downlighting, feature rooflight, kitchen is extremely well fitted with an excellent range of floor and eye level units, saucepan drawers, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit, Ilve six ring hob with double oven and stainless steel extractor hood over, butcher block worktop, tiled splashback, integrated Miele dishwasher, integrated Liebher fridge/freezer and larder presses, bespoke handmade shelves
- First Floor Return
- Bedroom 1 (1.89m x 3.68m)
- with window to side with fitted blackout blind, wide plank semi-solid oak flooring and door to shelved hot press
- Family Bathroom
- with tiled floor, fully tiled step in double shower with monsoon style shower head, extractor fan over, window to side, NK Porcelanosa w.c., SP Porcelanosa bath, wall mounted sink with vanity unit under and mirror over, part tiled walls and heated towel rail, underfloor heating
- First Floor
- with a large Velux rooflight
- Master Bedroom (4.62m x 3.81m)
- with original wide plank pine floorboards, sliding sash window with blackout blind overlooking the rear and feature fireplace with cast iron surround, raised hearth and feature tile inset
- Bedroom 3 (3.9m x 4.77m)
- with original wide plank floorboards, feature fireplace with tiled feature inset and bay window with sliding sash windows with blackout blinds overlooking the front, access to floored attic with pull down ladder
- Bedroom 4 (2.48m x 2.62m)
- with sliding sash window overlooking the front with blackout blind, fitted bookshelf and original pine wide plank floorboards
To the rear there is a delightful walled terrace enjoying the preferred southerly orientation ideal for al fresco dining. There are raised flower beds and there is a covered side passage leading to the front of the property. The rear garden is laid out in limestone patio bordered with a feature granite wall with. Outside lighting.
BER No. 106177033
Energy Performance Indicator: 163.09 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.