- Landscaped gardens extending to approx. 0.5 acres.
- Detached garage
- Electronic gates leading to driveway
- Stunning southerly views of Dublin Bay
- Excellent condition throughout retaining period features.
- Triple glazed windows.
- Approx. 180sqm / 1836sq.ft
The house has been painstakingly restored, retaining many if not all of the period features from yesteryear but importantly it has held on to its antique character including art deco style fireplaces in most of the rooms and a solid fuel Grosvenor iron range in the family room. The red clay ridge roof tiles are a particular striking feature as one approaches the house. All the woodwork has been repaired or replaced and there are new triple glazed windows and an updated heating system installed. The property is in fantastic condition, ready for immediate occupancy and there is room to extend to the side, subject to planning permission for those needing a little extra accommodation.
The reception hall retains its original varnished timber floorboards, as do the kitchen- and living rooms, with the latter boasting an ornate oak fireplace with tiled inset and stove. Terracotta tiled floors line the inner hallway, family room, utility room and guest toilet. Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, 3 of which have feature open fireplaces. There is a very large attic space with 2 windows installed which is ideal for conversion to a master suite. French doors open from some of the reception rooms on to the south facing terrace to the front of the house. There are bay windows and seating areas in the kitchen and one of the bedrooms.
The landscaped gardens are laid out in tiers of lawn and gravel pathways amidst mature plants and shrubs bordered with railway sleepers with a secluded lower tier providing a delightful large lawn area and a seat to sit back and enjoy the ever changing view of Dublin bay from Wicklow to Dublin city. A driveway behind electronic gates leads to the detached garage to the right hand side and on up to the cobble granite paved parking area to the side of the house. There is also a garden shed and to the rear of the house is a paved area with log storage area and boiler house.
The wonderful southerly aspect ensures maximum levels of afternoon and evening sunshine and the main living and bedroom accommodation is designed to make the most of this marine vista. Watch the merchant ships and ferries glide in to and out of Dublin Port, and the flotilla of pleasure craft sail out from Dunlaoighre. The views at night with twinkling lights from across the bay are just as mesmerising. There is a pedestrian gate leading on to the Old Carrickbrack road below the house.
Old Carrickbrack Road is one of the most highly sought after residential addresses in north county Dublin and for good reason. It is a mature residential road of quality family homes and it is exceptionally well located close to all the amenities Howth has to offer to include nearby Howth Golf Club, the thriving seaside village of Howth with its selection of renowned restaurants, shops and Howth Yacht club for the sailing enthusiasts. There are DART stations in Howth and Sutton and the 31A/B bus service pass the door. Dublin city is a mere 12km and Dublin International Airport is approximately 25 minutes’ drive.
- Hallway (2m x 4.7m)
- Wooden floor. Feature hall light with centre rose. Alarm. French polished stair wall. Picture rail.
- Kitchen (5m x 3.7m)
- Large room with feature bay window. Extensive range of fitted presses, counter tops and sink unit. Integrated Neff dish washer and Integrated Fridge Freezer. Built in Neff oven with 4 ring ceramic hob with overhead extractor fan. Wood floor.
- Living Room (4.9m x 4.6m)
- Folding French doors to south facing terrace with views of Dublin Bay. Feature solid fuel stove with Oak mantle and brown tiled hearth. Television point. Picture rail. Wood floor.
- Inner Hallway
- Terracotta tiled floor. Secondary door to outside. Under stair storage area.
- Guest Toilet (2.5m x 2.2m)
- Victorian style W.C Burlington wash hand basin. Tiled floor. Part tiled walls.
- Utility Room (2m x 2m)
- Tiled floor. Fitted presses, sink unit and drainer. Plumbed for utilities. Recessed lighting.
- Family room (4.3m x 3.7m)
- Feature Grosvenor Solid fuel Range. Tiled floor. Double folding doors to outside terrace. Recessed lighting.
- Store (1.4m x 1.8m)
- Heating controls. Window. Tiled floor.
- Landing area (3.6m x 3.3m)
- Large Velux window. French polished banisters
- Bedroom 3 (4.3m x 3.75m + 2.1m x 2.3m)
- Feature bay window with seating area to maximise the enjoyment of the views. Picture rail. High ceiling. Feature open fireplace with green tile hearth.
- Ensuite (2.3m x 1.45m)
- Shower cubicle with power shower and large shower head. Victorian style W.C. Burlington wash hand basin. Tiled floor and part tiled walls.
- Bathroom (3.5m x 2.1m)
- Large room with Double shower cubicle with 2 shower heads. Bath. Victorian style W.C. Burlington wash hand basin. Tiled floor and part tiled walls.
- Bedroom 1 (4.9m x 4.3m + 2.3m x 1m)
- Large bay window with views across Dublin Bay. Fitted press. Window to side. Wood floor. Picture rail. Feature open fireplace with tile inset and tile hearth. Wood mantle.
- Bedroom 2
- Window to the front. Wood floor. Picture rail. Feature open fireplace with blue tile inset and blue tile hearth. Wood mantle.
- Bedroom 4 (2.2m x 2.6m)
- Currently used as walk in dressing room but would be ideal nursery. There is the attic access to the upper floored attic area with windows installed.
Electronic gates lead to a gravel driveway bordered with mature plants and shrubs and stone wall. Mature trees offer great privacy from prying eyes. The large gardens are mainly to the front, maximising the southerly aspect and stunning marine Vista. There are pathways with railway sleepers, seating areas and large lawn area. The front of the house has ample parking and a wonderful terrace to sit out and relax. There is a large detached garage and a garden shed. There is a log storage area to the rear of the house. There is pedestrian access to the Old Carrickbrack road.
BER No. 105267009
Energy Performance Indicator: 136.09 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.