- Convenient & private location
- High specification fixtures and fittings
- Fitted wardrobes in four bedrooms
- Gas Central Heating
- Landscaped gardens to front and rear
family home set perfectly on gardens front and rear with side access. The property is in turnkey condition and extends to 200sqm (2,153 sqft).
An appealing turnkey four bedroomed detached family home located in the highly sought-after residential
park of Hettyfield Park, this home extends to approximately 200 sqm (2,153 sqft) arranged over three
levels and is ideally located between Ballinlough and Douglas. Perfectly situated along a quiet residential
road, Denmead is within walking distance of the city centre as well as all amenities to include a selection of primary and secondary schools (Regina Mundi Secondary girls school, Scoil Christ Ri, Douglas Community school, Christ King Girls Secondary, St. Anthony’s Boys and Eglantine Girls Primary school) Douglas village where Douglas Court and Douglas Village shopping centres as its many restaurants is close by. Denmead is well serviced by public transport with No. 220 bus route running every 10 minutes off the Douglas road to the city centre and No. 216 bus route every 20 minutes to Douglas Village. The 215 servicing Ballinlough and Mahon is also easily accessed.
Constructed in 1950, this family home has been well cared for throughout the years and under its current
owners has been remodelled by an interior designer to be on trend yet finished and decorated in neutral tones which are sure to appeal. The west facing rear garden is beautifully landscaped and offers mature trees and planting to give ultimate privacy. A rear sandstone patio runs the width of the property with arranged and built in seating all accessed via double doors off kitchen/dining/living room. The front garden is also well landscaped with mature lawn and planting and offers and abundance of parking space.
The accommodation extends to entrance hall, lounge, sitting/dining room, open plan kitchen/dining/ living room, bedroom four/office, utility room and downstairs w.c. all on ground floor level. The first floor is home to three fine bedrooms with the master bedroom offering walk-in wardrobe and en-suite. This level is completed with a tastefully tiled family bathroom. The second floor offers a spacious attic room with a separate bathroom.
Viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate all this home has to offer.
- Entrance Hall (3.9m x 3.4m)
- Welcoming and bright with hardwood oak flooring. Inviting entrance door complete with bevelled glass insets. Tastefully decorated in neutral tones with bespoke radiator cover and under stairs storage.
- Lounge (4.2m x 3.8m)
- A fine bright room well planned with cast iron fitted fireplace as the feature. Bespoke built in storage presses to either side. Wide plank flooring and lighting plan enhances this room. Glazed door to hall.
- Sitting/Dining Room (4.5m x 7.2m)
- A stunning, modern living space offering two uses in one, with deep set bay window overlooking front garden and direct access into the kitchen area to the rear. Black slate feature fireplace fitted and bespoke presses and shelving to incorporate radiator cover and mirrored storage press. Finished in neutral tones with recessed lighting and oiled wide plank oak floor this room is extensive in its use as a relaxation space or for more formal dining. Glazed door to hall and separate glazed door to kitchen.
- Kitchen/Dining/Living room (8.1m x 3.3m)
- An extensive light filled space running the width of this home to the rear and accessing directly to the patio and rear gardens beyond. Completely open plan with porcelain tiles running the extent of the space this room comes complete with 5amp sockets as part of the lighting plan. Bespoke hand painted kitchen with granite countertop and breakfast bar in Iroko hardwood and several pull out larders. Integrated kitchen appliances include hob, extractor, double oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher as well as Neff coffee machine. An exceptionally bright space with Velux windows, kitchen window and double doors leading to rear garden. There are many bespoke features within space all designed to enhance the cosiness of this room.
- Utility Room (4.3m x 2.1m)
- Substantial utility room fully fitted with extensive units and plenty of countertop space. Single drainer sink, plumbed for washing machine. Tiled floor with side door leading to rear garden. There is an independent access to a back hallway finished in engineered oak flooring.
- Downstairs w.c (1.0m x 2.1m)
- Contemporary two-piece suite finished with marble flooring, recessed lights and heated towel rail. Original wash hand basin introduces that old world feel to this space.
- The stairs and landings are finished with carpets and offer windows to maximise light in this area
- Master Bedroom (4.1m x 3.7m)
- A spacious master bedroom overlooking front garden including custom made built in floor to ceiling height mirrored wardrobes with pull down rails and internal bespoke drawer units. Complete with wooden flooring.
- Walk in Wardrobe (2.4m x 1.6m)
- Designed with fitted storage shelves and cupboards. Wooden flooring.
- En-suite (2.1m x 1.8m)
- Three piece suite fitted with quadrant shower, w.c and wash hand basin. This en-suite is fully tiled. Window overlooking rear garden.
- Bedroom 2 (4.1m x 3.9m)
- A fine double bedroom located to the front of the house with custom made wall to wall floor to ceiling height wardrobe and wooden flooring.
- Bedroom 3 (2.3m x 3.4m)
- A fine single bedroom with built in solid cherry wood wardrobe and overhead storage with plenty of shelving. Finished with a fitted cherry wood desk, fully carpeted.
- Bedroom 4/Office (3.1m x 2.9m)
- Located at ground floor level and doubling up as home office this room is fitted with walnut and ivory gloss units which offer either wardrobe or home office function. Engineered oak flooring.
- Family Bathroom (1.9m x 2.2m)
- Three piece white suite with old cast iron enamelled bath with shower overhead, w.c. and wash hand basin. Finished with beautiful porcelain tiled flooring and heated towel rail.
- Landing (3.1m x 1.2m)
- Fully carpeted and spacious with lighting.
- Attic (5.4m x 4.4m)
- A spacious attic room offering plenty of light from Velux window. Fully carpeted.
- Bathroom (1.7m x 2.4m)
- Two piece suite with w.c. and wash hand basin. Fully tiled with Velux window.
This home sits perfectly on its gardens front and rear. There is a garden tap front and rear and a side gate entryway to the back garden has a canopy of clematis which blossoms to a lovely shade of pale pink in Spring (to match the hall door!!). The front garden has a mixture of various trees and shrubs for year round greenery and colour as well as ample parking. The rear garden was specifically planted with woodland plants and trees to include hawthorn, beech and sycamore to encourage birds. Laburnum, hydrangea, fuchsia, Hosta and Camilla to feed our endangered honey bees. There are apple trees and a mature cotoneaster tree with year long greenery covered in sweet smelling blossom in spring and a profusion of red berries in winter. Privacy is achieved by a wall of Thuja trees fronted by a raised boulder bed. A sandstone patio with built in outdoor seating surrounded by colourful raised bedding plants, outdoor lighting and sockets.
BER No. 112290069
Energy Performance Indicator: 232.85 (kWh/m2/yr)
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.