- Gracious Stringer family home offering well-proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 212 sq.m ( 2,282sq.ft.) [including the garage].
- Extremely convenient location adjacent to Rathfarnham Castle Park, and a short stroll to both Rathfarnham and Terenure Villages.
- Large private mature grounds of approximately 0.2 acres with a south facing lawned rear garden of approximately 118ft backing onto Castle Golf Club.
- Sizable gated front garden providing ample car parking and lawn area.
- Superb potential to further extend the accommodation should one wish to do so, subject to the necessary planning permissions.
- Fitted carpets, curtains and integrated kitchen appliances are included in the sale.
28 Crannagh Road is an exceptional family home built circa 1937 and is one of the more sizeable homes of its style within Rathfarnham. The property has been well cared for by the present family and offers a superb opportunity to remodel or extend, subject to the necessary Planning Permission, should one wish to increase the overall living space. Entering the bright spacious welcoming reception hall off which there is a very fine drawing room overlooking the splendid south facing rear garden with the kitchen / breakfast room leading to a dining area providing direct access out to an enclosed patio perfect for al freco dining. A family room further enhances the overall accommodation of this fine family home at this level. The downstairs guest w.c., utility room and access to the garage takes care of the working side of the house. A further room on the ground floor can be used as a home office / children’s den or indeed a fifth bedroom depending on future family requirements. Upstairs there are four bedrooms, the master features both an ensuite and sliding door to the enclosed balcony area, which is a very fine addition and feature of this room. The main bathroom has been recently remodelled and renovated.
Rathfarnham is an established and largely residential area, deservedly popular with families and offers an excellent range of both primary and secondary local schools to include St Marys Boys National School, Loreto Primary School, Rathfarnham Educate Together and Rathfarnham Parish National School whilst choices of secondary schools include Loreto Beaufort, Santa Maria College, Our Lady’s School, The High School, St Marys College, Terenure College and Templeogue College to mention a few. Serviced by excellent local bus routes ensures an easy commute to and from the city centre to include the 15B, 15D, 75, 61 & 17 buses. An abundance of local sporting clubs including golf at Castle Golf Club and The Grange Golf Club. This superb suburb offers access to several parks locally Rathfarnham Castle Park, Marley Park and Bushy Park all of which offer children’s playgrounds and parklands for a run around.
- Entrance Hall: (6.23m x 3.04m)
- tiled floor and door to under stairs storage.
- Drawing Room: (6.24m x 3.64m)
- bottleneck plasterwork and natural stone open fireplace large picture window overlooking the rear garden. Arch through to
- Dining Room: (3.04m x 3.01m)
- sliding patio door out to enclosed tiled patio area, providing direct access out to the rear garden. Door through to
- Family Room: (4.23m x 4.23m)
- fireplace with tiled hearth and gas fire insert, ceiling coving, centre rose, large picture window overlooking the rear garden and window to side. Door to
- Inner Lobby: (3.99m x 1.39m)
- with skylight. Door to
- Study / Bedroom 5: (2.74m x 2.35m)
- with window to side.
- Guest W.C.:
- with w.c., w.h.b., tiled floor and partially tiled walls.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (6.86m x 3.08m)
- part tiled floor, range of fitted cupboards and units, work surface, Belling double oven and integrated Neff gas/electric hob with extractor fan above, single sink unit, tiled splashback, recessed lighting and window to front.
- Utility / Laundry Room: (3.75m x 2.75m)
- window and door to the front, sink unit, plumbed for washer and dryer, Vokera gas boiler and door to the garage.
- with shelved hotpress unit.
- Master Bedroom (to rear): (4.82m x 4.46m)
- bottleneck plaster work and door to en-suite. Patio sliding door out to
- Balcony Area: (3.03m x 1.77m)
- enclosed patio overlooking the magnificent rear garden, with timber floor.
- with w.c., w.h.b., electric Triton T90Z shower, subway tiles and floor tiles.
- Bedroom 2 (to rear): (3.69m x 4.93m)
- bottleneck plasterwork.
- Bedroom 3 (to front): (3.09m x 3.14m)
- window to front.
- Bedroom 4 (to front): (3.06m x 1.97m)
- window to front.
- w.c., w.h.b. under sink cabinet, bath with shower over, tiled floor and part tiled walls.
A particularly spacious garden to the front, mainly laid out in lawn and screened by mature hedging, with a gated driveway providing ample off street car parking. The rear garden is a particular feature of this fine family home enjoying a level lawned garden with steps up to a planted orchard area and green house to the rear, surrounded by mature shrubbery, trees and flower borders. Enjoying excellent privacy and a sunny southerly aspect, the rear garden measuring approximately 118ft in length and backing onto The Castle Golf Club. The garage, measuring approx. 5.33m x 2.76m (17'6" x 9'1"), is accessed from an up and over door to the front, and is currently used for storage with a pedestrian door to the rear garden. A gated side passage provides direct access to the rear garden.
BER No. 111441770
Energy Performance Indicator: 402.03 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.