- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Attractive lawned gardens extending to in excess of 0.14HA (0.35 acre) with stunning views to the front and an extensive sunny south facing orientation to the rear
- Breath-taking panoramic sea views over the rooftops of Dalkey, Dun Laoghaire Harbour and across Dublin Bay to Howth
- Dublin Town Centre and all its wonderful facilities on the doorstep
- Surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools
- Floor area of approximately 228sq.m (2,455sq.ft)
- Dalkey DART Station, 11 and 59 bus routes as well as the Aircoach makes commuting very simple
- Potential to extend if so desired subject to the necessary Planning Permissions
- Secure off street parking to the front for a number of cars
- Tranquil scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills and by the seafront on the doorstep
- A wide range of recreational and leisure facilities close by
- Gas fired central heating
- Double glazed windows throughout
The property enjoys road frontage of approximately 21m (70ft) and there is secure gated off street parking for numerous cars in the front garden.
Briefly the accommodation comprises an entrance porch that opens into the generous reception hall which in turn leads into the sitting room, the family room and the dining room, all facing south and enjoying the outlook of the rear garden. An en suite double bedroom, a guest w.c., a kitchen, utility and garage conclude the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there is a landing with excellent storage that opens to four further bedrooms, a family bathroom and one of the bedrooms benefits from an en suite. The views across to Howth from this level are truly spectacular.
Craigfield comes to the market in excellent decorative order throughout having been wonderfully maintained over the many enjoyable years that this family have been in residence.
The sunny south facing garden is a particular feature and the views that the property offers really speak for themselves. The property offers vast potential for further extension to the side and out into the rear garden if so desired subject to the necessary Planning Permissions.
The position of this quality home will be of major interest to those trying to get a foothold in the highly regarded much sought after Dalkey location. This coastal town offers a wide range of local and specialist shops, cafes, delicatessens, excellent pubs and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin. The surrounding is well served by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools including Loreto Abbey Dalkey, Harold Boys, Castle Park and the Harold National School. Dalkey DART Station is literally around the corner and this services the city centre as well as many secondary boys’ schools with regular ease. Dalkey also caters for many recreational and leisure facilities with Cuala GAA and Dalkey United situated close by as well as golf, tennis and hockey clubs. There are also many fitness centres and the tranquil scenic walks over Killiney/Dalkey hills and along the seafront are particularly popular. Dun Laoghaire Harbour has its two piers and the four yacht clubs along with extensive marina will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Porched Entrance
- with door into the
- Entrance Lobby (3m x 2.2m)
- with quarry tiled floor, large picture window overlooking the front enjoying the very attractive sea views across to Howth, Phonewatch digital security alarm unit and the frosted hall door leads into the
- Reception Hall (5.2m x 3.2m)
- with solid maple floor, enclosed radiator and ceiling coving
- Understairs Guest W.C.
- with wash hand basin and good deep storage
- Living Room (4m x 5.6m)
- with ceiling coving, windows looking front out to the view and rear over the sunny south facing garden, open fireplace with marble inset, raised hearth and timber surround and double glazed sliding patio door opening out to the rear
- Family Room (4m x 5m)
- with ceiling coving, large sliding patio door leading out rear, gas fire with polished granite inset, raised polished granite hearth and timber mantle and a lovely outlook to the rear
- Dining Room (3.9m x 3.9m)
- with solid oak floor, built in sideboard unit with pine cupboards and drawers under, fitted shelving over, enclosed radiator and double glazed sliding patio door opening out rear
- Kitchen (3.3m x 3.8m)
- with a Shaker maple kitchen comprising press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, Neff four ring electric hob with extractor over, integrated Neff stainless steel double oven, Zanussi dishwasher, timber panelled ceiling with recessed lighting, part double glazed door opening out to the rear and door to the
- Utility Room (3m x 2.2m)
- with space for fridge/freezer, is plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer and door to the
- Garage (3.1m x 5.9m)
- with steps down, double folding vehicular doors to the front and is well shelved with a workshop station
- Enclosed Courtyard (3.4m x 5m)
- with outside tap water reclamation unit, bin store and pedestrian door opening out front
- Bedroom 5 (2.8m x 5.7m)
- with ceiling coving, large picture window looking front enjoying the nice views and door to the
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled power shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., part tiled walls, fully tiled floor, fitted mirror, shaving socket and light
- with feature window overlooking the stunning view over the roof tops across to Howth, Dun Laoghaire Harbour and Dublin Port
- with cupboard opening to a shelved hot press with dual immersion unit and a lagged cylinder with cupboards over, further linen cupboard to the side and security lighting for the outside and further down the landing is another feature window looking over the stunning views
- Bedroom 4 (2.8m x 2.3m)
- with fantastic picture window enjoying the spectacular view across Dublin Bay to Howth, built in solid pine bed with ladder, cupboards under and drawers under
- Family Bathroom
- with bath with timber panelling, step in tiled Grohe power shower, bidet, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with Shaker maple cupboards and drawers under, fitted mirror over with illumination, medicine cabinets either side, power point, tall heated chrome towel rail, recessed lighting and hatch to attic with pull down ladder
- Bedroom 3 (3.9m x 3.9m)
- with large picture window overlooking the sunny south facing garden, an excellent range of built in wardrobes with chest of drawers set in the centre
- Bedroom 2 (4.1m x 5m)
- with large picture window overlooking the stunning garden, a range of built in wardrobes, matching dressing table unit with drawers under, telephone point and door to
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira Elite 2 electric shower, wash hand basin, w.c., part tiled walls, tiled floor and extractor
- Bedroom 1 (3.8m x 5.6m)
- with an excellent range of mahogany wardrobes and windows front and rear
To the front there is a gated vehicular access that opens into off street parking for numerous cars. The rear garden is very private, not overlooked, mainly laid out in lawn with mature shrubbery, trees and planting. There is an outside summer house, enclosed side access and at the top of the garden there is a vegetable garden. The overall site extends to in excess of 0.14HA (0.35 acre) and the rear garden measures approximately 39m (128ft). It has a sought after sunny south facing orientation. OUTSIDE W.C.: with solid oak doors, w.c. and corner wash hand basin BOILER ROOM: with solid oak door and houses the Ideal Logic condensing gas fired central heating boiler with further storage SUMMER HOUSE: 3.1m x 3.8m (10'2" x 12'6") with covered seating area
BER No. 112945001
Energy Performance Indicator: 317.18 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.