- Clifftop former Coast Guard residence
- Architecturally designed by John Howard Pentland in 1912
- Spectacular, uninterrupted 270 degree sea views
- Fully renovated in 2014 achieving enviable turn-key presentation
- Private gated residence with sweeping drive
- Fully landscaped generous gardens both front and rear, Carport
- Fully decked sheltered private courtyard with domestic store
- Access directly to beach and cliffwalks
- Double glazed windows
- Oil fired central heating & Fireplaces with wood burning stoves throughout
- Convienient to Portrane and Donabate villages
- 5 minutes to Donabate train station (30 mins to Connolly Station)
- 15 minutes to Dublin airport
- Floor area approx. 140sqm (1506sqft)
Though located on the tip of the Portrane Peninsula, adjacent a Martello Tower, the connectivity of this dramatic location is remarkable. Both Portrane and Donabate villages are on your doorstep for those day to day essentials and Malahide Village is just 15 minutes away. Dublin Airport is also 15 minutes away and Donabate train station is 5 minutes away and the train will deliver you in to the heart of Dublin City Centre in a mere 30 minutes.
From the moment the bespoke electronic gates, in the shape of a Viking Longship, open one is introduced to a property where a nautical theme subtly prevails. The property occupies a wonderful site with generous gardens, a sweeping drive, lawns, flower beds, a courtyard and unrivalled views from Lambay Island to the Howth peninsula. While the meandering boundary is extensive you are very pleasantly surprised by the level of privacy afforded to the occupants.
As the property has been recently renovated with such love, flair and imagination the resulting home will impress the most discerning of prospective purchasers. What has been achieved is approx.140 sqm (1506 sqft) of stylish and cosy accommodation that is reflective of contemporary expectations, sympathetic to the rich heritage of the building and celebrating many original features of the house and the various building components therein including exposed brick walls, granite lintels over doorways and numerous superb fireplaces. The bespoke hand painted fitted kitchen is both aesthetically beautiful and functional offering great storage and counter space. The wonderful fireplaces vie with beautiful and dramatic views to be the focal points in many of the rooms.
This is a unique house by the sea commanding ever changing views where you will go to sleep and wake up to the sound of the waves.
- Entrance Hall (4.65m x 2.05m)
- spacious entrance hall with decorative coving, feature exposed brick wall and stairwell to first floor level.
- Watch Room (3.10m x 4.65m (including box window))
- the watch room was the observation post from which the coastguard could survey the seas. It is a beautiful reception room with a feature fireplace with brick surround. A box window capturing amazing sea views. With access to
- Entrance Porch (2.30m x 1.70m)
- with a south facing aspect and marble tiled floor.
- Living Room (3.35m x 3.40m)
- spacious reception room with feature fireplace, wood burning stove, and French doors opening to fully decked rear courtyard.
- Dining Room (3.60m x 4.90m)
- bright reception room with feature fireplace and solid fuel burning stove and access to the rear courtyard.
- Kitchen (5.20m x 3.50m)
- with bespoke, hand painted wall and floor mounted fitted units, integrated double oven, hob and extractor hood, good storage and ample counter space. French doors to garden.
- First Floor Accommodation
- Landing (2.20m x 4.40m)
- with exposed brick walls and observation point. Window overlooking the bay.
- Bedroom One (3.15m x 4.40m)
- double bedroom affording spectacular views over the bay. With walk in wardrobe and door to
- Ensuite (3.65m x 1.85m)
- spacious ensuite with feature fireplace, four piece white suite including bath, wc, whb and bidet.
- Shower Room (3.45m x 2.05m)
- elegant shower room with stand in shower, whb, wc and airing cupboard.
- Bedroom Two (3.35m x 4.15m)
- double bedroom with dual windows overlooking the courtyard, feature fireplace and walk in wardrobe.
- Bedroom Three (3.70m x 3.00m)
- double bedroom with feature fireplace and window overlooking Lambay.
The property is accessed via sliding electric gates in the form of a wonderfully ornate longship design, in keeping with the many nautical references littered throughout the property. As the vikings first landed on Lambay Island before reaching the peninsula of Howth. A stone wall meanders around the border of the site. The sweeping drive leads you down to the coastguard station, now a beautifully restored residence. There is a landscaped garden set in lawn with pebble dash mature trees and shrubs. The current owners had a car port fabricated, giving cover to vehicles from prevaling winds and also giving an added sense of privacy to the garden. Beyond the residence is a lawn with raised flower beds and striking views out to sea. There are two pedestrian gates leading directly down to the beach.
BER No. 111105029
Energy Performance Indicator: 196.07 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.