- Recently upgraded and restored blending period charm with modern living
- Immaculately presented accommodation in turnkey walk into condition
- Gas fired central heating with underfloor heating at garden level
- Floor area of approximately 292sq.m (3,143sq.ft)
- Close to the superb conveniences and amenities in Dun Laoghaire, Glasthule, Sandycove and Monkstown
- Fully restored period embellishments of the era intact
- Surrounded by excellent primary and secondary schools
- Wonderful recreation and leisure activities on the doorstep
- West facing rear garden of approximately 11m (36ft) with sandstone patio and Astro turf lawn
- Rear access onto Clarinda Park West
- Presented to an incredibly high standard throughout
- Protected structure
- A stroll from Glasthule / Sandycove DART Station and a regular bus service
No. 42 has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and renovation with great style and detail combining all the comforts of modern day living with period charm. This quality of finish rarely if ever graces the market with nothing left to chance, presenting the purchaser with a rare opportunity to literally walk in and hang their coat.
At garden level a stunning contemporary open plan kitchen/dining/family room offers the ultimate in modern living with a very fine hand painted kitchen with natural stone worktops and large island unit to the front opening into a dining area which in turn leads to a lower level family room which overlooks the rear garden with its enviable westerly aspect with double glazed doors, large picture window and roof light flooding this space in natural light. A utility room and guest w.c. complete the accommodation at this level. At first floor level are two very fine interconnecting reception rooms with large bay window in the drawing room overlooking the front and dining room to rear with an en suite double bedroom situated in the return. A stunning family bathroom with roll-top bath situated in the first-floor return.
At second floor level are two further bedrooms, , the main bedroom runs the width of the entire property and has excellent built in wardrobes and en suite bathroom with sash and bay window taking in stunning sea views across Dublin Bay to Howth. Finally the second floor return houses the 4th bedroom and separate shower room. The garden to the rear is a particular feature with its westerly aspect with Indian sandstone patio with steps to an upper Astro turf lawned area bordered by cut granite stone walls with rear access onto Clarinda Park West.
The location of this home is second to none being situated only minutes walk away from the seafront at Dun Laoghaire and all local amenities in the Dun Laoghaire town centre and Glasthule and Sandycove village including the People’s Park. There is an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools in the surrounding area as well as a wide choice of eateries, recreational and leisure facilities, swimming at the Forty Foot, tennis in the local tennis clubs and extensive marine activities in the Dun Laoghaire yacht clubs and harbour. The area is extremely well served by public transport and numerous bus routes including the number 7 and 46A and the DART at Glasthule/ Sandycove on your doorstep all offering ease of access to the city centre and beyond. The Aircoach service operates on the hour providing an express route to Dublin Airport.
- Entrance Hall (10.9m x 2.1m)
- with solid timber floor, dado rail and ornate ceiling coving
- Drawing Room (4.8m x 4.6m)
- with high ceiling, bay window overlooking the front, ceiling coving, centre rose, solid timber floor, marble fireplace with open fire and tiled hearth and arch through to the
- Dining Room (4.4m x 4.8m)
- with solid timber floor, window overlooking the rear, cast iron fireplace with open fire and marble hearth, book shelving and storage fitted either side of the chimney breast, centre rose and picture rail
- Bedroom 1 (4.8m x 3.5m)
- with window overlooking the rear, feature cast iron fireplace with marble hearth, built in wardrobes and door to
- En Suite Shower Room
- with quadrant shower with Triton fixtures, w.c., wash hand basin with tiled splashback, fitted mirror and light and window to side
- First Floor Return
- with shelved storage room with recessed lighting
- Family Bathroom (3.8m x 3.5m)
- with timber wainscoting, feature cast iron fireplace, window overlooking the rear, recessed lighting, standalone roll top bath, heated towel rail, wash hand basin and w.c.
- First Floor
- Bedroom 2 (2.8m x 4.6m)
- with window overlooking the rear, excellent range of built in wardrobes and picture rail
- Main Bedroom (7m x 4.6m)
- runs the width of the property with sash window and bay window overlooking the front with views over Dublin Bay across to Howth, with an excellent range of built in wardrobes, centre rose, picture rail and door to
- En Suite Bathroom
- with oversized step in shower with Triton fixtures, w.c., wash hand basin, recessed lighting, extractor fan, Velux window and heated towel rail
- Second Floor Return
- with roof light flooding the hallway with natural light
- Shower Room
- with quadrant shower with Triton fixtures, w.c., wash hand basin, window to side, recessed lighting, extractor fan and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 4 (3.8m x 3.3m)
- with built in wardrobes and overlooks the rear with Stira hatch to attic
- Garden Level
- with solid oak floor and underfloor heating running through this level
- Entrance Hall (4.1m x 1.6m)
- with digital alarm, door to understairs storage room with recessed lighting, Viessmann gas boiler and enclosed fuse box and hallway with fitted cloak and shoe storage
- Guest W.C.
- with sliding door, w.c. and wash hand basin set into storage unit with tiled splashback, recessed lighting and extractor
- Kitchen/Dining Room (4.8m x 4.5m + 4.6m x 4.4m)
- contemporary open plan room with a range of Shaker style factory finished hand painted floor and wall units, natural stone worktop, Rangemaster 120mm range oven set into recess with Smeg Smart extractor, tiled splashbacks, integrated CDA microwave, wide cutlery and crockery drawers, island unit with natural stone worktop, one and a half bowl sink unit with integrated bin storage, integrated Bosch dishwasher, breakfast bar seating with further storage, bank of wall to floor storage with pull out drawers on the other side of the room, space for American fridge/freezer, dining area has recessed lighting, solid fuel burning stove and sliding door to the
- Family Room (6.4m x 4.8m)
- with roof light, glazed double doors and picture window flooding the room in natural light, bank of concealed storage either side of the chimney breast, Heritage solid fuel burner with marble hearth, recessed lighting and double doors to the rear garden
- Inner Hall
- Utility Room
- with matching floor and wall units, plumbed for washing machine/dryer, sink, tiled splashbacks, digital controls for gas heating, houses the water tank, extractor fan, understairs storage and sliding door back to the
To the front a railed garden with decorative stone and mature hedging and planting has granite steps leading to the front door. Steps to the side lead to a lower level Indian sandstone patio bordered by mature planting and offers access to garden level. The sunny west facing rear garden which is walled with cut granite stone walls offers immense privacy and is not overlooked. It is laid out with patio area with steps leading to a raised Astro turf lawn with access to the rear lane opening onto Clarinda Park West.
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.