- Highly sought after residential address
- Direct shorefront property boasting stunning sea views
- Edwardian style period property with many features intact
- Within a short stroll of the Forty Foot, Joyce’s Tower and Sandycove Harbour
- Lawned rear private garden measuring approximately 33.5m (110ft)
- Close to excellent primary and secondary schools, the bus, DART and Aircoach
- Convenient to superb amenities in Glasthule Village and Dalkey Town
- Within a short stroll of Cuala GAA and Dalkey United on Hyde Road
- Gas fired central heating
- Wired for an alarm
- Floor area of approximately 204sq.m (2,200sq.ft)
- A protected structure
Carrig Na Chattan is an aesthetically pleasing detached period family home of immense charm and character built in an Arts and Crafts style that occupies an impressive corner position boasting stunning views of Joyce’s Tower to the side and unparalleled spectacular sea views across to Howth from the rear with the rocks below the back wall.
A striking wrought iron railed entrance leads to the hall door. The beautiful generously proportioned hall opens to a kitchen/breakfast room, pantry and utility. To the rear of the house is the drawing room with large bay window looking out the garden across to Howth. Next is the dining room with a bay window to the side with a view of Joyce’s Tower in the distance. Upstairs there are five double bedrooms, four with attractive sea views and a bathroom/w.c. concludes the accommodation at this level.
The rear garden of the property is a particular feature of this wonderful period home as it is private, laid out in lawn measuring approximately 33.5m (110ft) in length. It enjoys an unrivalled 180° sea vista from Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey whilst looking straight across to Howth.
The location of the property needs little introduction and is steeped in history. It offers easy access to DART and bus services. Located within walking distance are the villages of Sandycove, Glasthule and Dalkey which boast a wealth of amenities including top class restaurants, bistros, pubs, shops and boutiques. Also, within walking distance are the famous Forty Foot at Sandycove, Killiney Hill, tennis, golf, football and GAA clubs. Some of Dublin’s most renowned primary and secondary schools are all within easy reach. A strong historical and cultural heritage surrounds the wider Sandycove and Dalkey areas including Joyce’s Tower and the medieval Dalkey Castle. Dun Laoghaire is nearby with its ever walkable piers, the People’s Park (which hosts a Farmer’s market every Sunday) and numerous shops and restaurants in the town. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiasts. The convenience and desirability of this house and its location cannot be overstated.
- Porched Entrance
- Entrance Lobby (2.1m x 1m)
- with quarry tiled chequered floor, digital alarm panel, cloak hanging, understairs storage and step up to the
- Reception Hall (3.7m x 3.8m)
- with ceiling coving, picture rail, attractive open brick fireplace with brick hearth, door opening to arched covered porch and a beautiful wood panelled staircase typical of the Arts and Crafts style
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.6m x 4m)
- with shelving, recessed lighting, tiled floor, matt grey fitted kitchen with drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, single bowl single drainer sink unit, De Dietrich four ring electric hob with extractor over, Ignis oven, stainless steel microwave over, space for standalone fridge/freezer, digital heating controls, tiled splashback and centre island unit with polished granite worktop
- Utility Room (2.2m x 1.9m)
- with tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine, worktop, storage and door to side
- Pantry (1.2m x 1.9m)
- with tiled floor and built in press units
- Drawing Room (5.6m x 6.6m)
- with large bay window enjoying view over the garden and out to sea, dual aspect either side, side window with view to Joyce's Tower and third window making this room bright and airy, ceiling coving, picture rail, marble fireplace with tiled inset, marble hearth and gas coal effect fire to the front and alcoves either side
- Enclosed Outside Area
- with quarry tiled floor and opens out to the garden
- Dining Room (5.9m x 5m)
- with bow window facing to the side, window to rear, window to front, ceiling coving, picture rail and tiled fireplace with open fire with raised tiled hearth
- Half Landing
- with shelved hot press with dual immersion unit
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira Elite wall mounted electric shower, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with drawers under, tiled walls and floor, fitted mirror and window to front
- Separate W.C.
- with timber effect floor
- Bedroom 5 (3.6m x 3.2m)
- with built in wardrobes, dressing table unit with drawers under and mirror over and hatch to roof space
- First Floor
- with feature skylight
- Bedroom 1 (4.9m x 4.9m)
- with dual aspect windows one facing the sea and the other facing towards the Forty Foot and the James Joyce Tower
- Bedroom 2 (2.5m x 3.4m)
- with picture rail and picture window overlooking the East Pier, the James Joyce Tower and out to sea
- Bedroom 3 (3.7m x 3.3m)
- with window facing the rear to sea and up towards the James Joyce Tower
- Bedroom 4 (3.6m x 5.2m)
- with large picture window overlooking the sea out to Howth with built in wardrobe and dual aspect window
The rear garden of the property is a particular feature of this wonderful period home as it is private, laid out in lawn measuring approximately 33.5m (110ft) in length. It enjoys an unrivalled 180° sea vista from Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey whilst looking straight across to Howth. Outside storage shed and boiler house.
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.