- Highly sought after prestigious residential address
- A short stroll from the wonderful facilities and amenities in Dalkey Town Centre
- Many period features of the Victorian era maintained & intact
- Stunning views out to sea of Howth and Kish Lighthouse from the large balcony
- Invaluable secure off street parking for 4 cars comfortably
- Close to many schools, recreation & leisure activities
- Large private landscaped rear garden of approximately 29m (95ft) in length
- Gas fired central heating
- Digital security alarm
- Floor area of approximately 195sq.m (2,100sq.ft)
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Scenic tranquil walks by the seafront, Coliemore & Bullock Harbours and over Killiney/Dalkey hills
This stunning property oozes charm and character and its bright and airy wonderfully proportioned accommodation extends to approximately 195sq.m (2,100sq.ft) and has been very well-maintained throughout. It comes to the market in excellent decorative order. The property is an upside down house with the living accommodation upstairs to take full advantage of the wonderful sea views, whilst the bedroom accommodation is at garden level. The nature and design of double fronted houses are such that in general all of the rooms are symmetrical and of the same size.
A particular feature of Carrig Baun is the large balcony at first floor level that is accessed off the kitchen and dining room and spans the entire width of the house. From its elevated position it provides stunning sea views across to Howth and the Kish Bank Lighthouse with glimpses of Snowdonia National Park in Wales on very clear days. To the front wrought iron vehicular gates open into secure gravelled off street parking for a number of cars, a complete rarity in Dalkey. The rear garden is very private and not overlooked. It is bordered by high hedging, trees and planting and is laid out in lawn. The garden measures approximately 29m (95ft) in length.
Rockfort Avenue connects Sorrento Road with Coliemore Road and is positioned right in the heart of the Heritage Town of Dalkey. Dalkey is one of the most appealing sought after locations in South County Dublin to live in, as it is surrounded by a wide selection of primary and secondary schools including Loreto Abbey Dalkey, Castle Park and the Harold National School whilst the DART in the town services Blackrock College, St. Andrew’s College, St. Michael’s College and the city centre. Dalkey provides a plethora of local and specialist shops, cafes, delicatessens, bars and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin.
Carrig Baun is a short stroll from Coliemore Harbour and the hugely popular Vico bathing area. It enjoys scenic tranquil walks along the seafront and over Dalkey/Killiney hills. There are excellent sporting and recreation facilities to be enjoyed close by such as Cuala GAA/Dalkey United, tennis, hockey and rugby clubs with a host of fitness clubs and gyms also within close proximity. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Dalkey is also serviced by the 111 bus route and the Aircoach on Hyde Road services the airport hourly.
- Reception Hall (1.8m x 8.5m)
- with pillared entrance, fan light over the door, fuse board, meter, digital security alarm unit, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, telephone points and arch to
- Inner Hall
- with ceiling coving, hatch to roof space and feature multi-paned sliding sash window with shutters intact looking out to sea
- Drawing Room (4m x 5.6m)
- with generous bay window with sliding sash windows and shutters intact, television point, beautiful marble period fireplace with arched brass and slate inset and slate hearth and double folding interconnecting doors leading to the
- Dining Room (4m x 5.65m)
- with generous bay window with shutters intact and glazed door that opens out onto the terrace with attractive sea view, ceiling coving and ornate ceiling rose
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4m x 5.6m)
- with generous bay window with shutters intact and glazed timber door opening out to the terrace with stunning sea views, Arco kitchen with press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, matching worktop, one and half bowl single drainer sink unit, tiled splashback, television point, space for fridge/freezer, Thermo hob, Siemens extractor fan, heating controls, Neff stainless steel double oven, hot plate on the worktop and ceiling coving
- Sitting Room (4m x 5.65m)
- with large bay window looking front, ceiling coving, marble Adams style fireplace with brass and slate inset and slate hearth and storage shelving unit
- Lower Hall (1.8m x 5.85m)
- with understairs storage and door to
- Understairs Guest W.C.
- with part tiled walls, corner wash hand basin, fitted mirror and light
- Bedroom 2 (3.9m x 3.6m)
- with solid oak floor, ceiling coving, fitted shelving, built in cupboard, storage to side and large picture window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 3 (3.9m x 3.8m)
- with a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over, built in shelving, television point and sash window looking front
- Bedroom 4 (3.75m x 3.9m)
- with solid timber floor, sash window looking front and shelving unit
- Master Bedroom (3.7m x 5.6m)
- with generous bay window with double folding glazed French doors opening out to the garden, a range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes, shelving to the side, television point, ceiling coving and door to
- En Suite Bathroom
- with cast iron bath with Ideal Standard power shower over, tiled floor and walls, storage alcove, Corian top with Corian wash hand basin, cupboards under, large fitted mirror over, extractor, recessed lighting and wall mounted w.c.
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Grohe power shower, mosaic tiled floor, bidet, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with tiled top and cupboards under, w.c., large fitted mirror, recessed lighting, shaving socket, wall mounted fan assisted heater, tiled floor and ceiling coving
- Covered Area Below Terrace (8.6m x 3.45m)
- Utility Room
- with good deep storage and is plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer
- Boiler House
- with gas fired central heating boiler and further storage
To the front wrought iron vehicular gates open into secure gravelled off street parking for a number of cars, a complete rarity in Dalkey. The rear garden is very private and not overlooked. It is bordered by high hedging, trees and planting and is laid out in lawn. The garden measures approximately 29m (95ft) in length. COVERED AREA BELOW TERRACE: 8.6m x 3.45m (28'3" x 11'4") UTILITY ROOM: with good deep storage and is plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer BOILER HOUSE: with gas fired central heating boiler and further storage
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.