- Bright well maintained family accommodation extending to approximately 135 sq.m. (1,450 sq.ft.).
- Original period features including tiled fireplaces, doors, picture rails and ceiling cornices.
- Superb corner position benefiting from a south westerly rear garden of approximately 18m (60ft).
- Highly sought after residential location just a 5 minute walk to Rathfarnham Village and Rathfarnham Shopping Centre.
- Immense potential to dramatically extend the property subject to planning permission if so desired.
- Double Glazed Windows throughout.
The property has been exceptionally well cared for and maintained by the present owners for the past 61 years, however would now benefit from modernisation. Offering bright well-proportioned accommodation with an impressive reception hall, two fine interconnecting reception rooms. Many original features of its era remain including the tiled fireplaces, original doors, stained lead light glass panelled windows, picture rails and ceilings cornices.
Butterfield Drive is one of the most sought after residential roads in Rathfarnham, located off Butterfield Avenue, a short five minute walk to Rathfarnham Village and Shopping Centre. Other shopping facilities in the area include Terenure, Nutgrove, Knocklyon and the Dundrum Town Centre.
This area is particularly sought after due to its close proximity to an excellent choice of local schools including Loreto High School Beaufort, Templeogue College, Terenure College and The High School Rathgar. National schools in the area include St Marys Boys National School, Ballyroan Boys School and Rathfarnham Parish School. Local public transport routes include the 15b bus route, with the city centre located approximately 7km (4 miles) away. Also within easy reach are the leisure amenities of St Enda’s Park, Marlay Park and Bushy Park and sporting clubs including Hockey, Rugby and nearby golf clubs at The Grange and Edmondstown.
- Entrance Porch:
- original tiled recessed entrance porch.
- Reception Hall: (2.75m x 4.24m)
- original wooden door with panelled glass windows and feature stain glass insert, access to understairs storages and cloak room. Feature open staircase.
- Living Room: (4.38m x 3.65m)
- open fireplace with timber and tile surround, bay window overlooking the front. Original picture rail and coving, with interconnecting French sliding doors through to
- Dining Room: (4.35m x 3.65m)
- open fireplace with timber and tiled surround, original picture rail and coving. French door to the rear.
- Breakfast Room: (3.12m x 2.57m)
- corner tiled fireplace with gas insert and tiled surround, large picture window overlooking the rear garden.
- Kitchen: (2.35m x 2.58m)
- floor and eye level units, stainless steel sink unit, window overlooking the rear and door leading out to rear.
- Bedroom 1: (4.26m x 3.70m)
- picture bay window overlooking the front garden, original open fireplace with tile and timber surround.
- Bedroom 2: (3.62m x 3.71m)
- built-in wardrobe, open fireplace with tile and timber surround.
- Bedroom 3: (2.89m x 2.21m)
- to the front, with built-in corner wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4: (2.53m x 3.62m)
- dual aspect overlooking the front and back.
- Bathroom: (2.10m x 2.17m)
- with w.h.b., bath with shower over.
- Separate W.C.:
- w.c. with window to rear.
- Garage: (2.60m x 3.60m)
- to front of the property offering potential to extend subject to planning permission.
To the front there is a railed and walled garden, mainly laid out in lawn, bordered by mature flowerbeds with gated driveway for ample off street car parking. To the rear the south west facing garden measures approximately 60ft is fully walled and lawned. It further benefits from a side pedestrian gate onto Butterfield Crescent, is planted with an abundance of mature trees and flowerbeds. Additional storage is provided in two block build sheds.
BER No. 109599597
Energy Performance Indicator: 789.71 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.