- Highly regarded and sought after location, within a short stroll of the wonderful conveniences available in both Rathgar and Terenure Villages.
- Underfloor heating in the kitchen/dining/family room.
- Fitted carpets and integrated Normende kitchen appliances included in the sale.
- Off street parking to the front.
- Floor area of approximately 279 sq.m. (3,003 sq.ft.).
- Handmade double glazed timber framed windows including sash.
- Gas fired central heating system.
- Presented to an incredibly high standard throughout with tastefully decorated interior.
- Magnificent ornate ceiling cornice work.
The sensitively decorated interior, completed in line with its period, offers spacious, well-proportioned accommodation of approximately 279 sq.m. (3,003 sq.ft.), with further living space of approximately 28sq.m. (301sq.ft.) available in the attic room, currently laid out as a fifth bedroom. This comfortable home is a wonderful example of fine restoration having been completely renovated with nothing left to chance and great attention to detail marrying its charm and original features of its era fully intact to include magnificent marble fireplaces, ornate ceiling cornicing, centre roses and high ceilings with today’s living requirements.
The gravelled drive and pedestrian path lead to granite steps, which open into a porch entrance with original decorative tiled floor and ornate cornice work. A very attractive hall door surrounded by glass panelling and stained glass windows either side brings you to the wide inviting entrance hall, which opens through to the modern kitchen/dining/family room at the rear and also leads to two magnificent interconnecting reception rooms, both with marble fireplaces, centre roses and ornate ceiling cornice work. The highly impressive open plan, modern kitchen/dining/family room also incorporates a utility area/laundry room, cloak hanging area and opens into the sunny rear garden and courtyard, ideal for al fresco dining. At the upper floors, there are four bedrooms, two of which are ensuite, and the master suite also comprising of a large walk-in wardrobe. The converted attic offers further accommodation as mentioned, and is ideal as a home office, guest bedroom or private quarters for an au pair. The rear garden is a particular feature enjoying the afternoon and evening sun, laid out mainly in lawn with a garden shed and an insulated studio/office plumbed and with electricity.
The location of this superb family home will be of great interest to those wishing to get a foothold in the Rathgar area. Both Rathgar and Terenure Villages are just a short stroll with a wide variety of amenities available on the doorstep. This is a largely residential area, approximately 4km to the south west of Dublin City centre, serviced with an excellent selection of local shops and a wealth of delis and eateries including Bijou, Foam Coffeehouse, Mayfield, Bellagio amongst others. There are a wide selection of schools to choose from, including Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, The High School, Stratford College, St. Mary’s College, Terenure and Templeogue Colleges, and Alexandra’s College to mention a few.
Local parks nearby include Bushy Park and the Dodder Linear Park all excellent options for walks or running. Tennis is available in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club. Hockey at both Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady’s Hockey Club and Old Alex. Rugby clubs include St Mary’s and Terenure College. Golf is catered for in the surrounding clubs of Milltown Golf Club, The Grange and Castle Golf Club. For commuters the local bus routes include some of the most frequent in the city to include 14, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 65, 65B and 140. Two local Luas stops at Milltown and Beechwood service the area and are approximately 15 minutes’ walk from Rathgar village.
- Entrance Porch: (1.00m x 2.14m)
- open porch with decorative tiled floor, ornate ceiling cornice work.
- Entrance Hall: (7.04m x 2.07m)
- with magnificent ornate ceiling cornice work, ornate architrave surrounding the doors to the interconnecting reception rooms, polished timber floorboards, picture rail, dado rail and centre rose.
- Drawing Room: (5.59m x 5.03m)
- with magnificent ornate ceiling cornice work, centre rose, very attractive black marble open fireplace with tiled inset and brass hood picture rail, polished timber floorboards and bay window. Double sliding doors lead to the
- Dining Room: (4.52m x 5.03m)
- with magnificent ornate ceiling cornice work, centre rose, beautiful black marble open fireplace with tiled inset, picture rail, and fitted shelving.
- Inner Lobby:
- with understairs storage and door to
- Cloakroom: (2.10m x 1.17m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., recessed lighting and part timber panelled walls.
- Kitchen: (7.27m x 4.32m)
- [measurement includes the Utility/Laundry Room] with walnut flooring, underfloor heating, a range of fitted cupboards and units made by McAuley Kitchens, work surfaces, Belfast Caple double sink unit, tiled splashbacks, integrated Normende dishwasher, integrated Nordmende microwave, five ring gas Nordmende range with extractor fan over, centre island with pop up plug sock, recessed lighting, cloak hanging area, seating area, alarm panel and door to the cobble lock courtyard area. Opening through to the
- Dining / Family Room: (5.04m x 6.58m)
- with walnut flooring, underfloor heating, recessed lighting, glass atrium and sliding folding doors to the rear garden.
- Utility Room:
- with recessed lighting, fitted cupboards and units, laundry chute, sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Door to the courtyard area.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Landing: (1.23m x 2.17m)
- with walk-in shelved hotpress with Joule water tank.
- Bedroom 2: (3.22m x 4.35m)
- with walk-in wardrobe. Door to
- Ensuite Shower Room: (3.25m x 1.10m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., step-in shower, tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Family Bathroom: (2.62m x 3.25m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., standalone claw-footed bath with shower attachment, tiled ceramic floor, heated towel rail, part timber panelled walls and laundry chute to the utility/laundry room.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- Master Bedroom: (5.54m x 4.46m)
- with bay window, ceiling coving and picture rail. Door to walk-in wardrobe and door to
- Ensuite Bathroom: (4.79m x 2.69m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., standalone claw-footed bath with shower attachment, separate step-in double electric Mira Elite shower, tiled ceramic floor, ceiling coving, picture rail and part timber panelled walls.
- Walk-in Wardrobe: (3.49m x 2.27m)
- with recessed lighting, fitted shelving and wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3: (4.78m x 2.65m)
- with ceiling coving and picture rail.
- SECOND RETURN
- Bedroom 4: (5.12m x 2.06m)
- with velux window and recessed lighting.
- Shower Room: (1.86m x 2.09m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., step-in shower, tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Attic Room: (5.15m x 5.37m)
- with three velux windows, recessed lighting, access to the eaves storage and access to the attic.
A gravel drive to the front offers off street car parking. The side passage connects the front to the cobble-lock courtyard of approximately 2.20m x 2.25m (7'3" x 7'5") and sunny rear garden laid out mainly in lawn of approximately 20m (66ft) with a garden shed and an insulated studio/office plumbed and with electricity.
BER No. 111845111
Energy Performance Indicator: 222.94 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.