- Gas fired central heating, installed in 2008.
- Overall floor area of approximately 158 sq.m. (1,700 sq.ft.).
- Outstanding interconnecting reception rooms.
- Ornate cornice work in the entrance hall.
- Fitted carpets, blackout blinds in all bedrooms and kitchen appliances included in the sale.
- Access to the square with two tennis courts privately owned by the residents of the Square - service fee of approximately €200 per annum.
- Planning permission achieved in 2008 for an extension of approximately 105 sq.m. (1,130 sq.ft.) together with a detached garden room at the end of the garden of approximately 22 sq.m. (237 sq.ft.).
- Secluded south-facing landscaped rear garden of approximately 53m (175ft) in length.
- Multi-function touch sensitive Lutron lighting and video system.
- Remote control gas fires.
- Original Victorian floorboards, doors, floorboards, plasterwork & French polished mahogany handrail.
- Wiring for surround sound in the drawing room and dining room.
- Bisque designer radiators throughout.
Laid out over two floors the well-proportioned living space briefly comprises of a delightful entrance hall with ornate cornice work, centre rose and clear glass fan light over the hall door, two magnificent interconnecting reception rooms with matching white marble fireplaces, the dining room enjoying access to the courtyard and rear garden by original cast iron Victorian steps, an inner hall with plant room, understairs cloak cupboard and door to the rear garden, a kitchen / breakfast room which has a large laundry room off, four spacious bedrooms and a bathroom. This very fine property, is further enhanced with an extensive south facing landscaped rear garden of approximately 53m (175ft) in length, a gardener’s paradise, laid out mainly in lawn incorporating a courtyard area, ideal for al fresco dining, abundant with mature shrubbery and fruit trees including damson and apple, together with a purpose block built garden shed. Full planning permission was approved in 2008 to extend this wonderful home by a further 105sq.m. (1,130sq.ft.) of contemporary living space together with a garden room of approximately 22sq.m. (237sq.ft.).
Positioned along one of Rathgar’s most prestigious and highly convenient squares, birthplace of James Joyce, 72 Brighton Square benefits from use of the square privately owned by the residents, where there are two tennis courts, many annual gatherings including summer barbeques, yoga classes on Saturday mornings and fish and organic vegetable stalls on Thursdays. Rathgar is a delightful largely residential area benefitting from a wide variety of amenities and is just 3.5km from Dublin City Centre, an easy commute. The area is serviced with an excellent selection of local shops to include a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries together with well renowned schools, both primary and secondary, namely Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, The High School, Stratford College, St Mary’s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College to mention a few.
There are many recreational activities available nearby at Bushy Park and the Dodder Linear Park, tennis in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club, hockey at both Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady’s Hockey Club and Old Alex with rugby clubs at St Mary’s and Terenure College. Golf is catered for in the surrounding clubs of Milltown Golf Club, The Grange and Castle Golf Club. Public transport is regular to and from the city centre with some of the most frequent bus routes in the city being 14, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 65, 65B and 140. Two local Luas stops at Milltown and Beechwood service the area.
- Entrance Hall: (7.23m x 1.62m)
- 7.23m x 1.62m (23'9" x 5'4") with a Bisque designer radiator, alarm panel, dado rail, enclosed fuse board, ornate cornice work, centre rose, picture rail, polished timber floor, wall lights and clear fan light over the hall door. Steps to the
- Inner Hall:
- with dado rail, a Bisque designer radiator, understairs cloak cupboard and plant room. Door to rear garden.
- Drawing Room: (4.65m x 4.31m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail, exposed timber floor and coal effect gas fireplace with white marble mantel and surround, slate and brick inset, and slate hearth. Double folding doors lead to the
- Dining Room: (4.60m x 3.99m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator, ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail and coal effect gas fireplace with matching white marble mantel and surround, slate and brick inset, and slate hearth. Door to the courtyard and rear garden.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (4.15m x 3.07m)
- with a vertical Bisque designer radiator, entry videophone, a range of fitted cupboards and units, work surfaces, integrated four ring AEG Electrolux gas hob with extractor fan over, integrated AEG electric oven, sink unit, integrated Indesit dishwasher, integrated Indesit fridge freezer and recessed lights. Step up to the
- Laundry Room: (3.08m x 1.97m)
- with a vertical Bisque radiator, recessed lights, sink unit, fitted cupboards, Baxi gas boiler, washing machine and dryer.
- HALL RETURN LEVEL
- Bedroom 4: (3.34m x 2.79m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator cast iron fireplace and cupboard with hot water tank.
- Bathroom: (2.25m x 2.09m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath with power shower over, heated towel rail, recessed lights, partially tiled walls and timber floor.
- FIRST FLOOR LEVEL
- With entry videophone, ceiling coving and exposed timber floorboards.
- Bedroom 1: (4.69m x 3.59m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator, hatch to the attic, ceiling coving, picture rail and exposed timber floorboards.
- Bedroom 2: (4.63m x 3.98m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator, picture rail, exposed timber floor and Bisque designer radiator.
- Bedroom 3: (2.38m x 4.68m)
- with a Bisque designer radiator.
The wonderful south-facing landscaped rear garden of approximately 53m (175ft) in length is laid out mainly in lawn accessed from both the inner hall and dining room, incorporating a courtyard ideal for outdoor dining together with a purpose block built garden shed of approximately 2.76m x 4.98m (9'1" x 16'4"). Full planning permission was approved in 2008 to extend the property up to approximately 263 sq.m. (2,830 sq.ft.) together with a studio / detached garden room at the end of the garden at approximately 22 sq.m. (237 sq.ft.).
BER No. 100544386
Energy Performance Indicator: 286.77 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.