- Landmark Georgian residence dating to circa 1750.
- Wonderful character filled detached residence.
- Situated in the heart of Churchtown.
- Sunny southerly elevation.
- Private garden to rear.
- Two reception rooms.
- Excellent kitchen / breakfast room.
- Three bedrooms.
- Oil central fired heating.
- Parking to rear.
- Floor Area: (approx. 148sq.mt, 1593sq.ft )
A peaceful retreat a few minutes’ walk from Dundrum Village, and only a 15 minute drive to the city centre, 10 mins to the Luas at Dundrum or Windy Arbour, excellent bus routes, and within easy access of the M50. Dundrum Town Centre and Nutgrove Shopping Centres are within easy reach. There are several primary schools in the area, in addition to numerous secondary schools nearby including De La Salle Churchtown, Alexandra College Milltown, The High School Rathgar and St Mary’s Rathmines. There are also numerous restaurants and bars are also nearby.
Belfield House has all the fine characteristics one would expect of a property of its era and embodies all the charm and characteristics of this classical era, including generously proportioned rooms, high ceilings, sash windows complete with working shutters, original pitch pine doors, and period fireplaces in every room. The property has been upgraded throughout the years but still retains that old solid feel that only a property of this era can provide with its solid granite walls. This charming property is in the heart of the suburb of Churchtown, but is not overlooked as it is situated behind high walls which guarantee privacy.
The property has been lovingly maintained over the last 20 years by the present owners and offers a warmth of character and charm seldom found. Upon entering, there is a hallway and bathroom. The inner hallway leads to the original staircase leading to the upper floors. There are two principal reception rooms, sitting room and family room, along with the kitchen/dining area. From the kitchen, when you enter the back garden, there is a fantastic decked area which is truly a suntrap. Upstairs there are 3 large bedrooms with original features along with a modern bathroom.
The property is conveniently located within minutes of the LUAS stations at both Windy Arbour and Dundrum Village. Also within easy access are Milltown and The Castle Golf Clubs, The Dodder Linear Park, Marlay and Bushy Parks.
- May 27th 2017 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Entrance Porch: (2.15m x 1.20m)
- with stained glass window to side.
- Entrance Hallway: (5.80m x 1.15m)
- with hard wood floor, wainscoting, velux roof lights overhead.
- Bathroom: (2.45m x 2.90m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath and tiled floor.
- Inner Hallway: (5.10m x 1.85m)
- with understairs cloakroom area and storage cupboard, coving, staircase to upper floor.
- Family Room: (4.10m x 4.25m)
- with very fine case iron fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, wooden surround, two picture windows overlooking south facing garden to front.
- Living Room: (4.60m x 4.75m)
- with magnificent cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, ornate marble surround and tiled hearth, window and door leading to garden to front.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (4.10m x 4.20m)
- with beautiful traditional style fitted kitchen with range of cupboards, worktops, one and half bowl sink unit, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, built-in Belling hob and oven with extractor overhead, part tiled wall, tiled floor and double doors opening to rear garden.
- Landing: (4.30m x 1.85m)
- Bedroom 1 / Master Bedroom: (5.15m x 4.25m)
- with very fine cast iron fireplace with cast iron surround, two picture windows overlooking garden to front onto Churchtown Road and Dublin Mountains.
- Bedroom 2 (to front): (3.80m x 3.85m)
- with built-in desk area with shelving and ornate fireplace, windows facing south overlooking garden.
- Inner Landing: (2.10m x 1.05m)
- with door to Master Bedroom and Bedroom 3.
- Bedroom 3: (4.60m x 4.10m)
- with cast iron fireplace and cast iron surround.
- Shower Room: (2.70m x 1.20m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., double shower with Triton electric shower, heated towel rail, tiled floor and walls.
Front: The garden to the front enjoys a sunny southerly aspect with pedestrian gate onto Churchtown Road. The garden is lawned with bordering shrubs, plants and trees. To the side of the property there is a vehicular right of way leading to the rear garage / garden. Side: There is also a garden area to the side of the property with mature shrubs and plants. Rear: The garden to the rear has an overall measurement of 11.9m x 8.3m, set out in a low-maintenance style with gravel parking area and decked garden with pedestrian access to the side of the house leading to the front garden.
Address: 11 Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 14
Telephone: 01-296 3662 or you can also email us at email@example.com