- Magnificent ornate cornice work, centre roses and original marble fireplaces.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Overall floor area of approximately 206 sqm (2,217 sq.ft.).
- Delightful rear garden of approximately 10m (32 ft).
- Pedestrian rear access which could easily be expanded in order to provide off street-car parking.
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliance included in the sale.
- Superbly located within a short walk from Terenure and Rathgar.
- Roof re-appointed and repaired in 2018.
- Gutters to the front replaced in 2018.
Adjacent to Eaton Square, 47 Ashdale Road is well positioned along a mature highly respected road approached by a pedestrian path with manicured lawned garden bordered by flower beds and cast-iron railings with side access connecting to the rear garden. The extensive living space over three floors comprises of a light infused entrance hall incorporating a large understairs storage cupboard leading to two magnificent interconnecting reception rooms both with stunning marble fireplaces. The dining room opens through to a sunroom with access to the rear garden, the kitchen/breakfast room to the rear at the end of the entrance hall also opens to the rear garden with the remainder of the accommodation to include five bedrooms, bathroom, shower room and study positioned at the upper floors. Many original features of its era are fully intact including ornate ceiling cornice work, original fireplaces, centre roses, and high ceilings.
This is a wonderful location being just 4km from St Stephen’s Green, well serviced by regular bus routes to and from the city centre, namely the 15, 15a, 17, 49, 54A, and 65. There is a wealth of amenities available within the vicinity including many excellent restaurants and cafes, such as Mayfield, Bellagio, Bijou and Foam Coffeehouse, along with local boutique shops and newsagents. Within close proximity are extensive shopping facilities at Nutgrove, Rathfarnham and Dundrum Shopping Centre.
A wide choice of sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area include Terenure and St Mary’s rugby clubs, tennis clubs at Terenure, Rathgar and Templeogue and a choice of golf clubs to include The Grange and The Castle together with an abundance of activities available at the superb parkland at Bushy Park. This prime position benefits from a number of primary and secondary schools including Terenure College, Our Lady’s Templeogue Road, Presentation Convent and The High School in Rathgar to mention a few.
- Entrance Hall: (7.45m x 1.65m)
- which has ornate ceiling cornice work, centre rose, dado rail, picture rail, polished timber floorboards and it has under stairs storage.
- Living Room: (5.26m x 4.52m)
- with bay window, ornate ceiling cornice work, centre rose, picture rail, dado rail, magnificent white marble coal effect gas fireplace with tiled and cast iron hood inset, polished timber floorboards and double sliding doors leading to the
- Dining Room: (3.83m x 4.43m)
- with ornate ceiling cornice work, centre rose, picture rail, dado rail, polished timber floor, magnificent marble open fireplace with tiled inset and multi glass panelled double doors to the
- Sunroom: (2.61m x 1.69m)
- plumbed for washing machine and with a sliding patio door to the rear garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (6.00m x 3.48m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, an integrated Bosch four ring gas hob with extractor fan over, tiled splashback, sink unit, plumbed for dishwasher, recessed lighting, ceiling coving, integrated Bosch double electric oven and provision for a fridge. Sliding patio door to rear garden.
- Hall Return:
- Bedroom 1: (3.19m x 3.49m)
- with ceiling coving and hot press with dual immersion.
- Bathroom: (2.67m x 1.97m)
- with parquet floor, bath with shower over, w.c. wash hand basin, partially tiled walls, timber panelled ceiling and recessed lighting.
- First Floor:
- Master Bedroom: (6.32m x 5.15m)
- with range of fitted wardrobes, ceiling coving, centre rose, bay window, picture rail, dado rail, magnificent white marble open fireplace with tiled and cast iron hood inset.
- Bedroom 3: (3.98m x 4.38m)
- with ceiling coving, dado rail and a range of fitted wardrobes.
- First Return:
- Bedroom 4: (4.80m x 3.45m)
- with cast iron open fireplace.
- Shower Room: (1.84m x 1.89m)
- with step in shower, w.c. wash hand basin and timber panelled ceiling.
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom 5: (4.31m x 3.86m)
- with excellent eaves storage and fitted wardrobes.
- Study: (2.35m x 2.68m)
- with velux window.
There is a delightful manicured lawned garden to the front bordered with flower beds and cast-iron railing. A pedestrian side passage connects the front to the sunny rear garden of approximately 10m (32ft) laid out mainly in law with patio area bordered by mature flower and shrubbery beds. Pedestrian access from the rear garden to a vehicular lane could easily be expanded in order to provide off street-car parking as neighbouring properties have availed of.
BER No. 113109813
Energy Performance Indicator: 329.98 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.