- Full brick façade recently repointed with sash windows, granite lintels and sills.
- Entrance hall with 2.95m high ceiling, original coving, centre rose and arch and Victorian style tiling.
- Two original fireplaces in front reception rooms.
- Large window added to rear reception room to bring in light.
- Utility area off hallway. Contemporary stylish bathrooms.
- Contemporary extension to rear.
- Landscaped west facing rear garden.
- Pedestrian side access.
- Bespoke white gloss kitchen.
- PVC wood grain grey triple glazing to rear extension.
- Stira access to attic suitable for conversion.
- Original period features.
- 3 double bedrooms.
- Reroofed in 2015.
- Replumbed, rewired, re plastered and insulated.
There is a beautiful bespoke white gloss kitchen designed specifically for this kitchen area with integrated NEFF appliances and recessed lighting. A small rear porch with cloak area leads to the side passage and in turn to the rear garden. The contemporary extension housing a living/dining area off the kitchen and again taking full advantage of the west and south facing aspects with velux windows and windows to three aspects and sliding patio doors lead to the charming west facing rear garden.
Generous first floor return accommodates an airing cupboard, the family shower room which has a double shower, fully tiled, two windows providing ventilation and high-quality sanitary wear and a double bedroom to the rear with built in wardrobes and window overlooking the rear garden. First floor level houses the master bedroom to the front which runs the full width of the property and has two windows overlooking Arran Road it also has built in Komandor (Kube) wardrobes. Bedroom 2 is a generous double with an original fireplace and large window overlooking the west facing garden. Stira stairs provide access to an attic room currently used as storage, which is suitable for conversion.
Built by JJ Flaherty who also built Wellpark Road, Achill Road and various properties in this era. The property was formerly owned by Sisters of the Holy Family of Bordeaux order who had an oratory to the rear.
Arran Road is a most well regarded, peaceful road in the heart of Drumcondra village. No. 11 is situated within walking distance of a host of local amenities including shops, eateries, The National Botanic Gardens and excellent schools and universities. It is also situated within walking distance of Dublin city centre and the surrounding area is well serviced by numerous bus routes. The M1 and M50 motorways and Dublin international airport are within a fifteen-minute drive of the property. Drumcondra train station and the proposed Metro station at Griffith Park are both within a ten-minute walk.
A schedule of Works Undertaken:
2015 - roof works completed:
-new membrane & roof tiles on main roof and return roof
-interior structural reinforcement to main roof
-installation of folding attic stairs
-chimney stacks of the main house rebuilt and all flashings replaced
-roof of the bay window replaced and insulated.
2018 - full interior renovation:
-complete rewiring, new electricity meter installed externally
-complete replumbing and new heating system including high efficacy gas boiler and new radiators throughout. Pressurised water system for showers and taps. New mains water connection
-new windows throughout, new rear door and patio door
-main family bathroom complete fit out
-new shower room constructed on ground floor
-structural works to create open plan kitchen, dining/living with velux roof windows and internal insulation
-full fit out and finishes
-cleaning, repointing and sealing of redbrick facade
-new guttering to front bay window
-monitored intruder and smoke detector 'smart' system installed (phonewatch)
-'smart' thermostat and zoned heating control system installed (Hive)
-bespoke sliding wardrobe to master bedroom by Komandor (Kube)
-new multi-fuel inset stove in the main reception room
Appliances: all newly commissioned November 2018
-Neff ‘hide & slide’ oven with variosteam
-Neff ‘hide & slide’ single oven
-Zanussi integrated dishwasher
-Whirlpool 50/50 integrated fridge freezer
-Siemens 60cm induction hob
- Entrance Hall: (3.50m x 1.40m)
- Entrance hall via recessed doorway, hallway with original style tiling and original coving with ornate arch, dado rail, antique style radiator and centre rose, a 2.95m high ceiling and mosaic tiling.
- Inner Entrance Hall: (6.10m x 1.60m)
- with mosaic tiled floor, stair well to first floor level with under stairs storage, utility area under the stairs with folding antique style doors, plumbed for washing machine and separate tumble dryer with additional shelving.
- Wet Room: (1.65m x 1.15m)
- with shower, WC, WHB, fully tiled, window to side for ventilation and vertical radiator.
- Kitchen: (4.65m x 2.65m)
- Contemporary bespoke kitchen white gloss with quartz countertop and NEFF integrated appliances, window to side, hob, and extractor hood.
- Rear Porch: (1.20m x 1.25m)
- with cloakroom area and door to pedestrian side access and rear garden.
- Living/Dining Area: (4.65m x 4.20m)
- Contemporary extension with velux windows and vaulted apex roof, sliding patio door (aluclad) with almost floor to ceiling glazing, accessing a west facing landscaped rear garden, wood grain effect ceramic tiling.
- Reception Room 1: (3.6m x 3.8m (excl. bay window))
- Reception Room 2: (3.9m x 3.35m)
- Two interconnecting reception rooms, with 2.95m high ceilings, original coving, ceiling roses and picture rails. Reception room 1 with bay window new double glazed timber reproduction sliding sash windows, and original wooden mantel piece. New multifuel stove. Sliding doors to reception room 2 with original brass handles. Reception room two with original tiled fireplace and slate mantle, large picture window. Sanded floors, antique style radiators.
- First Floor Return:
- Landing: (2.10m x 1.85m)
- with airing cupboard.
- Shower Room: (1.70m x 2.40m(max))
- Contemporary shower room fully tiled with double stand in shower and two windows, high end sanitary wear with sink and WC, vertical radiator, and recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 3: (3.45m x 3.15m)
- Double bedroom with window overlooking the rear garden access to attic and built in wardrobes.
- First Floor:
- Landing: (3.40m x 1.60m(max))
- with stira stairs access to attic space and large window providing light. Feature light fitting.
- Bedroom 2: (3.50m x 3.90m)
- Double bedroom with window overlooking rear garden, original feature fireplace and picture rail. Double built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 1: (4.05m x 5.15m)
- Large double bedroom running the full width of the property with two double glazed timber reproduction sliding sash windows overlooking Arran Road, 4 meter built in Komandor (Kube) wardrobes.
- Attic: (3.60m x 3.50m)
- Attic for storage with access via stira stairs and suitable for conversion.
Rear Garden: 6.05m x 5.75m Fully landscaped rear garden with gravel edged with raised flower beds well stocked with mature trees and shrubs and a west facing aspect. Large pedestrian side access running down side of house with side access to rear garden area. Front Garden: 4.60m x 6.00m Cast iron railed front garden with quarry tiling to recessed doorway and onto entrance hall. Well stocked garden with flowers and shrubs pedestrian side access to rear.
BER No. 109738419
Energy Performance Indicator: 253.15 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.