- Prestigious highly regarded residential address
- Unrivalled panoramic sea views across Dublin Bay to Howth
- Pleasant scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills opposite
- Off street parking for a number of cars
- The superb conveniences of Dalkey Town Centre on the doorstep
- Surrounded by excellent schools and wonderful recreational and leisure facilities
- Transport available via the bus, DART and Aircoach
- Gas fired central heating
- Fitted carpets, curtains, blinds, kitchen/utility appliances included in the sale
- Superbly designed accommodation extending to approximately 150sq.m (1,615sq.ft)
- Constructed c.1994
- Double glazed windows and doors throughout
- Private secluded lawned and planted rear garden measuring approximately 16m (52ft) in length
Ardan is a wonderful property positioned in a fantastic setting, just a short stroll from the excellent facilities in Dalkey Town Centre, including its own DART station.
Granite pillars open into a cobblelock driveway with parking for several cars. Steps lead up to the entrance porch and into the reception hall, with a feature window enjoying the stunning views. Either side of the generous hall is a lovely sitting room, with window seats front and back enjoying the views, and a well fitted kitchen/dining room with similar window seats on the other side. Downstairs are the bedrooms, all three a generous size, with the main having an ensuite shower room and a separate dressing room. A quality family bathroom concludes the accommodation at this level. The property has been very well maintained throughout and is in excellent decorative order.
Outside to the rear is a good sized private garden that is completely secluded. It is mainly laid out in lawn bordered by trees and mature shrubbery, with attractively planted flower beds and rockeries. There is a nicely concealed purpose built outhouse/garden store to the rear.
The situation of Ardan will be of major interest to those trying to get a foothold in the highly desirable Dalkey location. Dalkey Town Centre has so much to offer and is literally on the doorstep. There are popular scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills opposite and along the seafront. There is an abundance of local schools, churches, specialist and boutique shops, cafes, pubs and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin. There is a wide selection of sporting and recreational facilities close by that include: Cuala GAA/Dalkey United, hockey, tennis, rugby and golf clubs. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will also be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Commuting to and from the city centre is made easy via the bus and DART, and the Aircoach services the airport on the hour at Fitzpatrick’s Castle Hotel. The N11 and M50 provide ease of access to the national road networks.
- Porched Entrance
- Reception Hall (4.7m x 1.75m)
- with polished timber floor, ceiling coving, hatch to attic space with pull down ladder for storage, cloak hanging cupboard and storage, telephone point, and feature window to the rear of the hall taking in the views
- Sitting Room (4.05m x 7.55m)
- with ceiling coving, window to front looking out on Dalkey Quarry and window to rear looking out straight across to Howth and taking in Dun Laoghaire Harbour, both with window seats, painted cast iron open fireplace with arched cast iron inset and slate hearth, television point, and intercom to front door
- Kitchen/Dining Room (3.65m x 7.55m)
- with polished timber floor, window to front looking up to Dalkey Quarry and rear window looking out over the stunning view, both with window seats, fitted with a range of painted press units and drawers, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit and tiled splashback, intercom to front door, telephone point, integrated Neff fridge/freezer, integrated Miele dishwasher, display cabinets, Whirlpool double oven with Neff four ring gas hob, extractor, under strip lighting, built in sideboard unit, double folding utility cupboards, with Miele washing machine and tumble dryer, and houses the digital heating controls and the Potterton gas fired central heating boiler
- with double folding double glazed French doors opening out to the rear garden and understairs storage
- Bedroom 1 (4.05m x 3.6m)
- with a range of built in wardrobes, television point, window overlooking the garden and the pleasant outlook over the Pigeon House chimneys
- Bedroom 2 (3.6m x 3.35m)
- with built in wardrobes with cupboards over, window looking front over rockery and Dalkey Quarry
- Master Suite (7.55m x 4.05m)
- with an excellent range of built in wardrobes, large picture window overlooking the garden and Dun Laoghaire Harbour, and door to
- Dressing Room/Home Office (2.35m x 2m)
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled Mira Excel power shower, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, w.c., tiled floor, medicine cabinet, and fitted mirror with Hollywood lights over the wash hand basin
- Family Bathroom
- bath with timber panelled side, antique style fittings incorporating telephone shower attachment, w.c. and pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, towel rail, corner cabinet with marble top and cupboards under, and fitted mirror with Hollywood lights
To the front, granite pillared vehicular gates open into cobblelock off street parking for several cars. A side access leads through to the private, completely secluded lawned garden that is bordered by cut granite stone walls and has mature planting with a selection of trees, shrubbery, flower beds and rockeries. To the rear of the garden is a purpose built outhouse/garden store. The garden measures approximately 16m (52ft) in length.
BER No. 103110177
Energy Performance Indicator: 173.8 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.