- Unique property set on large grounds of approximately 0.18 hectares (0.45 acres).
- Three large attractive garden areas.
- Located adjacent to Sallins town and Sallins Rail Station.
- Four spacious bedrooms, one ensuite.
- Floor Area: c. 156 sqm (1,688 sq.ft).
This unique property residence offers super potential comprising porch, entrance hall, living room/family room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room, conservatory, utility room, four bedrooms, one ensuite and a bathroom. The accommodation extends to approximately 156 sq.m. (1,688 sq.ft.).
History of Ard na Gréine:
Ard na Gréine was constructed c. 1900 and is one of the largest private houses in the locality. For the last two decades it was the home of Bernard Share, well-known as a novelist, children’s author (The bed that went whoosh!), editor (Cara magazine), linguist (Slanguage), bibliophile and historian. In his later years he specialised in transport history, writing many books for CIE about historical railways and train stations. The location of the house, between two historic transport routes - the Dublin-Cork railway and the Grand Canal, was most apt and he much enjoyed watching the trains pass by his study window overlooking the fields.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Porch: (1.80m x 1.40m)
- Entrance Hall: (6.56m x 1.82m)
- a large hall with a tiled floor.
- Living Room: (5.56m x 3.66m)
- with timber floor, a fireplace and direct access to the Conservatory.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (3.62m x 2.80m)
- a modern fitted kitchen.
- Dining Room: (3.66m x 3.62m)
- with tiled floor.
- Conservatory: (5.26m x 2.17m)
- with access to the rear patio.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1: (4.50m x 3.84m)
- a double bedroom with built in wardrobes and an en-suite.
- Bedroom 2: (3.76m x 3.47m)
- a fine double bedroom.
- Bedroom 3: (3.60m x 3.22m)
- double bedroom.
- Bedroom 4 / Library & Study: (6.38m x 2.20m)
- laid out as two rooms.
- Bathroom: (2.28m x 2.14m)
- with a bath/shower, w.h.b & w.c.
The property is set on large grounds with mature planting and shrubbery, and entered through gates into a paved driveway with generous car parking available. There are three large garden areas and the grounds extend to circa 0.182 hectares (0.45 acres).
BER No. 108798596
Energy Performance Indicator: 725.71 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01-492 4670 or you can also email us at email@example.com