- Prestigious highly regarded address
- Bright and airy generously proportioned accommodation over three levels
- Stunning sea views across to Muglins and Dalkey Island
- Secure off street parking for numerous cars set behind electric gates
- Standing on approximately 0.12Ha (0.3 acre)
- Period embellishments of the Victorian era maintained and intact
- Sunny south facing private rear garden
- Floor area of approximately 409sq.m (4,400sq.ft)
- Gas fired central heating and AGA
- Fitted carpets, curtains, kitchen and utility appliances included in the sale
- Superb amenities in Dalkey Town Centre on the doorstep including the DART
- Surrounded by excellent schools, recreation and leisure facilities
- Scenic tranquil walks by the seafront and over Killiney and Dalkey hills
Albert House is a superb example of a Victorian period residence. It has been wonderfully maintained over the years and retains all the period embellishments of the era including decorative ceiling coving, sliding sash windows and original doors as well as beautiful examples of period marble fireplaces. On entering the property one is immediately struck by the bright and airy generous accommodation that extends to approximately 409sq.m (4,400sq.ft) over the three levels. Being double fronted, the two principle reception rooms either side of the hall are beautifully proportioned and run front to back of the property one of which opens through to a dining room. The kitchen/breakfast room adds an extra dimension to the rear of the property and overlooks and opens into the sunny south facing private rear garden.
Upstairs on the first floor there are three excellent double bedrooms, two of which are dual aspect and enjoy stunning sea views of the Muglins and Dalkey Island. The master bedroom benefits from a walk-in wardrobe and a large en suite bathroom. A family bathroom with unparalleled views concludes the accommodation at this level.
The spacious basement with higher than expected ceilings provides a sitting room, two en suite bedrooms and a utility/boiler room. It has the added advantage of its own separate access making it very versatile as self-contained accommodation for a relative or a wonderful environment for kids to mature into teenagers with their friends.
The gardens of Albert House extend to approximately 0.12Ha (0.3 acre). Electric gates open into the front providing secure off street parking for a number of cars and there is a double garage which always comes in handy. The remainder is set out in lawn and is bordered by high trees giving immense privacy and seclusion although some clever thinning out or topping would ensure highly sought after sea views from the principle reception rooms at the hall level. The cobble locked and gravelled rear garden is very private and has a sought after sunny south facing orientation that is ideal for al fresco dining.
Victoria Road connects Sorrento Road with Coliemore Road and is positioned right in the heart of the Heritage Town of Dalkey. Dalkey is one of the most appealing sought after locations in South County Dublin to live in, as it is surrounded by a wide selection of primary and secondary schools including Loreto Abbey Dalkey, Castle Park and the Harold National School whilst the DART in the town services Blackrock College, St. Andrew’s College, St. Michael’s College and the city centre. Dalkey provides a plethora of local and specialist shops, cafes, delicatessens, bars and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin.
Albert House is a short stroll from Coliemore Harbour and the hugely popular Vico bathing area. It enjoys scenic tranquil walks along the seafront and over Dalkey/Killiney hills. There are excellent sporting and recreation facilities to be enjoyed close by such as Cuala GAA/Dalkey United, tennis, hockey and rugby clubs with a host of fitness clubs and gyms also within close proximity. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Dalkey is also serviced by the 111 bus route and the Aircoach on Hyde Road services the airport hourly.
- Reception Hall (2.45m x 9.3m)
- with dado rail, ceiling coving, decorative rose, cloak hanging area, digital security alarm panel, timer controls for the heating, intercom to the electric gates and arched inner hall with steps down to the hall return
- Sitting Room (6.85m x 5m)
- with triple aspect windows looking front, to the side and rear, sliding sash ventrolla windows with shutters intact, picture rail, very fine example of a period marble fireplace with arched cast iron inset, gas fire and slate hearth, television point, ceiling coving and decorative centre rose
- Drawing Room (5.05m x 6.8m)
- with ceiling coving, decorative ceiling rose, picture rail, sliding sash ventrolla windows with shutters intact facing front and rear, very attractive pillared marble fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth and open fire and double folding doors opening into the
- Dining Room (3.25m x 6.87m)
- with sliding sash ventrolla window looking out to sea, dado rail, recessed lighting and double folding glazed French doors opening out to the rear
- Hall Return
- Guest W.C.
- with wall mounted w.c., wash hand basin and painted timber panelled walls
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.65m x 6.95m)
- with double folding multi-paned pattern stained glass frosted doors opening in, Amtico floor, recessed lighting, is fitted with a range of hand painted press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, tiled worktop with matching splashback, under strip lighting, gas AGA with two hobs and double oven, Moffitt 65 four ring gas hob with Zanussi fitted oven under, integrated Miele dishwasher, one and a half bowl single drainer sink unit, display cabinets, picture window overlooking the rear, space for standalone Siemens fridge/freezer, double folding double glazed doors opening out to the rear, breakfast bar separating the kitchen from the breakfast area, further storage, wine rack and built in shelving
- Sunroom (2.6m x 1.15m)
- with double glazed sliding doors opening out to the side
- with space for freezer, is plumbed for tumble dryer, built in shelving and matching floor to the kitchen
- Basement Level
- Lower Hall (8.9m x 2.4m)
- with tiled floor, recessed lighting, telephone point and opening through to understeps storage area with separate entrance to the front garden
- Living Room (4.85m x 6.55m)
- with recessed lighting, timber beamed ceiling, solid timber floor, sliding sash window looking front, double folding multi-paned doors opening to the rear, built in corner television stand and feature brick fireplace with mantle and solid fuel burning glazed stove set into it
- Bedroom 1 (2.95m x 4.15m)
- with a range of sliding mirrored wardrobes, sliding sash window looking front, recessed lighting and door to
- En Suite Shower Room (0.6m x 3.05m)
- with step in tiled Mira Sport shower, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, tiled floor, recessed lighting and extractor fan
- Bedroom 2 (4.8m x 3.85m)
- with sliding sash window facing front, a range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes the centre with mirrored front, recessed lighting, timber beamed ceiling and door to
- En Suite Bathroom
- with cast iron bath with shower attachment over, step in tiled Mira Excel power shower, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, tiled splashback over, wall lights, shaving socket and light, extractor fan and multi-paned sliding sash window facing the rear
- Boiler Room (2.3m x 2.6m)
- with gas fired central heating boiler, electric fuse board, tiled floor and Bosch washing machine
- Guest W.C.
- with w.c. and wash hand basin set into tiled worktop
- First Floor Half Landing
- with ventrolla sliding sash multi-paned window looking rear and door to store
- First Floor
- Landing (2.4m x 6.65m)
- with hatch to roof space, ceiling coving, recessed lighting and dado rail
- Master Bedroom Suite (5.05m x 3.85m)
- with built in shelving, dual aspect sliding sash ventrolla windows with shutters intact, one looking to side and the other facing front with attractive views out to the Muglins and Dalkey Island, ceiling coving, decorative rose, television point and door to
- En Suite Bathroom (2.85m x 2.9m)
- with step in tiled Grohe power shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, fitted lighting over, window looking rear, corner bath with timber panelling and antique style fittings incorporating a telephone shower attachment, ceiling coving, ceiling rose and extractor fan
- Dressing Room (2.85m x 1.9m)
- with excellent cloak hanging space, box shelving and drawers
- Bedroom 4 (3.9m x 5.05m)
- with a range of built in wardrobes, ceiling coving, dual aspect windows, one to front with sliding sash ventrolla system with shutters intact looking out to sea and double glazed hardwood folding doors opening out onto the flat roof of the dining room with shutters in tact
- Bedroom 5 (5.05m x 2.8m)
- with built in wardrobes with cupboards over, ceiling coving, dado rail, multi-paned sliding sash window looking rear up to Dalkey Quarry and built in shelving
- Family Bathroom
- with cast iron bath with timber panelled side and power shower over, wall mounted w.c., shelving over, sliding sash ventrolla window with shutters intact looking front out to Dalkey Island and the Muglins, his & hers wash hand basin with tiled splashback and storage cupboards under, shaving socket and light, ceiling coving, decorative rose and fitted wall lights
- Rear Landing
- with steps leading up, feature arched sliding sash multi-paned window and door to shelved hot press with immersion and timer
The gardens of Albert House extend to approximately 0.12Ha (0.3 acre). Electric gates open into the front providing secure off street parking for a number of cars and there is a double garage. The cobble locked and gravelled rear garden is very private and has a sought after sunny south facing orientation. Double Garage: 5.2m x 6.35m (17'1" x 20'10") with up and over roller shutter
BER No. 112197678
Energy Performance Indicator: 412.95 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.