- Large detached house. Approx. 281 sq. m / 3023 sq. ft.
- Gas fires in sitting room and Family room.
- Cavity block walls were reinsulated 7 years ago and attic was also reinsulated.
- Oil Fired central Heating.
- Approx. 1.3 acres of mature grounds.
- Potential to extend or possible develop the site further.
Approached by a sweeping driveway offering great privacy the property is set amid wonderful gardens which extend to approx. 0.44 hectare of lawns, extensive patio areas to the rear and the entire is bounded by mature hedgerow, walls and fencing. The gardens are easily maintained and there is ample room for horsebox or boat storage. There are pathways leading to a patio area designed by one of Ireland’s leading garden designers. There may well be possible development potential on the extensive gardens and there is ample room to extend the existing accommodation subject to p.p
Limestone steps and double doors lead to an attractive entrance hall with parquet floors greets you as you enter the front door. A number of rooms including sitting room, dining room, family room, kitchen cum breakfast room and bedrooms are all off this hallway. A real feature is the very large sun room to the rear.
Internally the property enjoys gracious well proportioned accommodation which has been well maintained throughout. The main bedroom to the front has an ensuite and the property was designed and built with light and sun in mind. It is a very practical family home without any stairs, ideal for family and a wonderful place to entertain guests and friends. There is the added bonus of a large garage are to the rear.
The location is excellent, being equidistant to both Malahide Village and Portmarnock. There is a bus stop close to the entrance which has the 42, 142 and 42D routes. There are schools and plenty of boutique shops, supermarkets, restaurants, cafes and other worthwhile amenities. There are numerous sporting facilities in the immediate locality including golf, sailing, GAA, horse riding, tennis and cricket to mention but a few. Dublin Airport is easily accessible in 15 minutes and Portmarnock Beach and strand is only a few minutes’ drive.
Seldom do houses of this calibre with expansive gardens offering great privacy come on the market for sale and viewing of this fine family home comes highly recommended.
- Hallway (8.63m x 1.70m)
- Parquet floor.
- Sitting Room (5.80m x 4.20m)
- Large room to front with feature fireplace with gas fire. Parquet floor. Large windows to front overlooking gardens. Coving.
- TV room (4.55m x 3.60m)
- Cosy family room with windows to side. Feature fireplace with gas fire and Television point.
- Kitchen (7.00m x 3.60m + 4.00m x 2.20m)
- Spacious room with extensive range of fitted presses. Sink unit and drainer and counter tops. Tile splash backs. Large breakfast island with stools. Built in oven and grill. Ceramic hob with steel extractor. Pine panelled ceilings with skylights.
- Dining Room (5.45m x 2.20m + 3.70m x 3.66m)
- Double doors lead from the kitchen. There is a parquet floor. Door to hallway
- Sun Room (8.5m x 5.78m)
- Large room with wood floor. PVC double glazed throughout. Centre fan. Doors to rear garden and hallway beside garage
- Lobby (2.10m x 1.34m)
- Door to rear garden.
- Bedroom 1 (3.66m x 2.54m)
- Built in wardrobes
- Bathroom 1 (2.56m x 2.10m)
- Shower cubicle with power shower. Wash hand basin. W.C. Tiled floor and tiled walls.
- Hot press (1.00m x 1.38m)
- hot press storage.
- Main Bedroom (4.57m x 4.20m)
- Large double room to front. Built in wardrobes with mirrored sliderobes.
- Ensuite (2.28m x 3.40m)
- Jacuzzi Corner bath, wash hand basin and W.C
- Inner Hallway (4.85m x 1.00m)
- Bedroom 3 (3.40m x 3.00m)
- Double bedroom with built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4 (4.57m x 3.67m)
- Double bedroom with built in wardrobes.
- Shower Room (2.10m x 2.10m)
- Shower room with shower, w.c and wash hand basin.
- Boiler house and lobby (4.36m x 2.70m)
- Doors to Sun room. Large drying area.
- Office (2.10m x 1.93m)
- Ideal for numerous uses including study, laundry room or office.
- Garage (4.62m x 4.30m)
- Wood floor and double doors to garden. Sink and work tops area and connections for dryer and washing machine. Ample storage space
The driveway is bounded by lawns and railway sleepers. There is a large selection of mature plants and trees, and the gardens feature illuminated, raised flower beds. There is a wonderful paved landscaped patio area to the rear of the sun room designed by Gerry Daly a number of years ago. This has pagodas and a water feature. Low maintenance Bio cycle waste water treatment system.
BER No. 102769809
Energy Performance Indicator: 243.11 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 171 Howth Road, Dublin 3
Telephone: 01 8536016 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.