- Superbly located family home
- Gas central heating
- Three double bedrooms
- 5 Minutes’ drive to city centre
- Excellent choice of schools
- Private enclosed rear garden & courtyard
was possibly used for the purpose of housing the school teachers of St. Patrick’s school which was located to the south where Russet house is currently situated prior to moving to Gardner’s Hill. Arranged over two levels and extending to approximately 100 sqm (1,076 sqft) this home offers an ideal location within a 5-minute drive from the City Centre.
This home was fully renovated in 2007 with the installation of new central heating system, new windows, new bathroom and new wood burning stove. The property was re-roofed using original reclaimed slate, rewired and a kitchen extension was built along with alternation to existing upstairs bedrooms with a dormer. All downstairs shutters and doors were dipped and stripped and finished with a natural wax.
A family home, Hillview Villas has the benefit of being within a short stroll from a range of schools to include: the already mentioned St Patrick’s as well as St. Luke’s co-ed national School, Christian Brothers boys primary and secondary school, Scoil Mhuire girls primary and secondary school, St. Angela’s Girls secondary, as well as having Hewitt and Bruce College close by. Ashton co-ed secondary school is also within walking distance.
Accommodation in brief extends to entrance hall, living room/dining room/kitchen, master bedroom and family bathroom all at ground floor level. The first floor is home to two double bedrooms, bathroom and an open plan home office/study on landing.
The property is accessed via a pedestrian gate with lawned enclosed gardens, mature planting and cherry blossom tree. The rear garden offers an internal courtyard accessed off the kitchen and steps leading to an upper private lawned garden which captures hours
Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate all that is on offer.
- Entrance Hall (7.1m x 1.1m)
- With original encaustic tiled floor in mosaic. Feature arch with cornicing. Front door is original with leaded stained glass, fan light overhead and peephole window at return.
- Living Room (3.7m x 3.4m)
- Located off the entrance hall this open plan living space offers a dual aspect room with solid oak wood flooring and big picture window complete with original shutters. Feature fireplace made of polished slate known as marbling with wood stove fitted, original cornice.
- Dining Room (2.88m x 3.4m)
- Open plan from living room with original tiled floor. Clever use of closed fireplace with fitted shelving. Arch through to kitchen. 9 ft floor to ceiling height.
- Kitchen (1.86m x 3.0m)
- The kitchen is tiled and fully fitted with oak floor and eye level units finished with Iroko worktop. Double velux windows and glazed door to inner courtyard floods this room with light. Appliances built in.
- Master Bedroom (3.7m x 3.4m)
- A fine double bedroom with solid oak wood flooring and original shutters. Picture rail and feature fireplace complete the old world feel of this room.
- Family Bathroom (2.8m x 2.9m)
- With fitted four piece suite complete with roll top cast iron bath with claw legs, independent tiled shower cubicle with pump shower fitted and heated towel rail.
- Landing & Stairs (5.1m x 2.35m)
- This landing space doubles up as home office/study area. Bright and warm with velux window.
- Bedroom 2 (5.1m x 2.8m)
- Double room finished with carpet, recessed lights and tilt and turn window looking out to upper garden.
- Bedroom 3 (5.1m x 2.0m)
- Another fine room with recessed lights, carpets and tilt and turn window.
- Bathroom (1.9m x 0.8m)
- Two piece suite with w.c. and hand wash basin, window and tiled floor.
The outside spaces of this home front and rear are exceptionally private. Lawned garden to front complete with privacy gate giving pedestrian access. Mature planting with feature cherry blossom tree and deep hedges defines this area. The internal courtyard to the rear off the kitchen is cleverly finished with a maintenance free treatment permanently bright and appealing. Hardwood stairs to the upper garden is fully lawned and enclosed with planted boxes and creepers exceptionally sunny, bright and private. A bespoke hardwood guard rail with glazed insets and an outside tap completed the rear garden. Storage is accommodated under the steps in the old outdoor toilet.
BER No. 112526264
Energy Performance Indicator: 232.13 (kWh/m2/yr)
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.