- Pressurised water system throughout
- Aerhaus Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Wired for artificial intelligence system
- Wired for Cat 6 inside and out.
- Intercom to gate
- Surround sound inside and out.
- Wired for alarm
This home is a five/six bedroomed detached offering approx. 3,229 sq. ft of space over two levels. It sits on a site of 0.3 acres and boasts an A2 energy rating. The use of materials at the construction stage ensure that it will stand the test of time regardless of emerging trends. For the lay man the amount of thought that has gone into the attention to detail won’t be lost but may be misunderstood. As an example the walnut used in the kitchen is one extensive piece to make sure that the grain ran through uninterrupted from unit to unit. The windows are NorDan designed for their aesthetic beauty, functionality and to withstand the test of time. These are exceptionally good on sound insulation. We are completely focused on being green friendly and the windows used in this home have an impressive .8u value passive rating. Most materials used within the construction have passive ratings.
Set in the grounds of the old orchard which gives its name to Orchard Road close by, No. 1 Millfield enjoys part of the old orchard stone wall as its backdrop. This wall is featured in the courtyard accessed directly from the kitchen and is planted with lavender at its base with water feature to further enhance that feeling of relaxation and privacy.
It is unusual to experience a home created where the level of internal finish is carried through to the outside space. The courtyard set off the kitchen is seamlessly accessed without transition by the use of sliding doors that disappear. Because of its walled and sheltered location, the internal finishes on the kitchen floor seem to carry on without break. Surround sound is standard in this outside space. To ensure it is permanently used a bespoke motorised canopy together with Alfresco heaters have been installed and as a result it should almost be calculated within the overall internal floor area reported which would bring the floor far closer to the 4000sq.ft mark. The addition of a discreet TV point in the kitchen space allows for this courtyard to be used to watch matches without the glare. Much thought went into the overall lighting plan for this home and at night time the outside of this home comes alive as a result.
Challenged to complete the house in a timely manner was key. At the time of construction, the Courthouse on Washington Street was undergoing refurbishment and there was exceptional demand on limestone. The limestone used inside and on the external of this home came from Kilkenny went to Portugal to be polished and returned to be positioned in place at Millfield. The limestone is complimented by the Siberian larch wood used in the external elevations and the way that the roof sits like a top hat on the property ensures that there is an overhang which keeps the elevation clean and tidy at all times. Carrying the same ceiling height of 2.7 throughout the ground and first floor gives the external elevation of this home the sense of scale expected and delivered within. It doesn’t disappoint on entering the reception hall with it impressive 6.8m measurement.
This home with an A2 energy rating has many passive features from the triple glazing to the underfloor heating throughout which ensures an ambient temperature within at all times. The inclusion of a wood burning stove in the main living room is probably something the owner will never use such is the energy efficiency of this home.
The quality of the designed spaces is complimented further by the choice of finishes used within which continue the tone. These include tiles from the Porcelanosa range, Roca sanitary ware, bespoke designed kitchen and robes as well as quality stoves.
- Entrance Hall (4.20m x 3.75m)
- Welcoming entrance hall accessed via solid door of Accoya designed by South Wood this reception hall is exceptionally bright with an impressive ceiling height of 6.8m The use of gable windows together with sensor Velux assist in ensuring brightness is carried through. A feature light from light plan assist further.
- Open plan kitchen/dining/lounge (14.25 x 6.75m)
- Kitchen (6.75m x 3.4m)
- A meticulously well planned room giving three distinctive spaces yet all marrying well to be read as one. The kitchen is bespoke by Ger Hallissey in two tone with a mixture of materials using walnut blended with white gloss and offers under counter units to a walk in larder. There is a myriad of storage offering clean lines and seamlessly incorporating all of the functions required. The decision to create a kitchen without the interruption of handles ensures the eye is taken to the entire space as opposed to focusing on one element. Miele appliances are standard from induction hob, double oven, steaming oven, warming drawers and coffee machine. Integrated dishwasher and deep sink with Ghroe mixer tap. A Falmac extractor over the hob can discreetly push back once cooking is over. One of the true winning features within the kitchen is the extra large breakfast counter. Measuring an impressive 1200 x 2400mm the breakfast counter is bespoke designed to fit the space perfectly and has a unique feature fitted within, motorised Lifting columns which with, its ergonomics in adjustable heights allows the entire counter to alter in height depending on its use. The breakfast counter with sockets within is topped with Silestone (NIEBLA) with a complimenting Silestone finish on the counter tops. The work top area is orientated towards the rear garden and the clever placement of two picture windows gives a vista of the mature 80 year old apple tree. The walk in larder by South Wood opens fully with automatic lights and when opened gives a definition to the end of the kitchen. With recess lights by Saxby and glazed door to rear garden.
- Dining Room (4.85m x 4.6m)
- An easy flow into this space from the kitchen the dining is arranged with pendent lighting set over the dining table. A return wall of glazing opens and hides away to connect this dining to that in the courtyard directly adjacent.
- Living Room (6.00m x 4.6m)
- The living room with its impressive size is arranged to look to the front of the property. Bespoke glazing without the interruption of large columns allow the eye to be carried to the mature backdrop of trees and planting. Arranged with an inset fire with the most up to date led technology for fire effect it is difficult not to think you are sitting in front of a real fire. The lighting here is on dimmable downlighters
- Lounge (6.00m x 4.10m)
- Located off the reception hall and accessed via high glazed double doors this room is cosy and inviting. With an unusual feature of a wall that slides by remote and disappears this room can be opened up into the balance of the reception rooms of this home. Finished with underfloor heating as is standard across the property with Porcelanosa tiles this room is arranged around a stovax ELISE stove however given the A2 energy rating it is purely an atmospheric feature. Standing on a limestone raised plinth used in the external elevations of this home this feature is unique.
- Utility Room (3.15m x 2.60m)
- Well fitted with a selection of counter high presses. Single drainer sink unit fitted, floor to ceiling units fitted on gable wall, home to the control centre for the air to water heating system. The room is plumbed and fitted with washing machine and vented and fitted with tumble dryer. All units were designed in the same kitchen style to ensure consistency. Glazed door to rear garden.
- Study/Gym/Bedroom 6 (4.35m x 4.20m)
- A spacious room offering a myriad of uses to include study, gym or bedroom 6. Located off the entrance hall, this room is finished with wood panels and recesses with mirrors to ensure whichever use chosen sits comfortably and well within. Direct access to downstairs wet room.
- Guest Bathroom (4.35m x 1.8m)
- Fitted with Roca Bathroom suite and top of the range Grohe Massage shower with mutli-function jets which is ideal if the adjoining rookm is used as a gym or therapy space This wet room carries through the quality tiling and sanitary warefitted throughout this home. Velux windows accessed remotely with sensors gives plenty of natural light and an extensive mirror enhances this room.
- A precast staircase finished with walnut handrail against a backdrop of glass leads to the first floor. The stairs case is finished in tile with discreet low level lighting fitted.
- Master Bedroom (6.00m x 5.20m)
- Entering this room you really do feel you are up in the canopy of mature trees located to the front of this home and looking out all you can see is nature. An exceptionally large master bedroom with customised robes to give a walk in wardrobe together with additional bespoke shelving. Extra storage is catered for in a second run of wall to wall robes. The bed, set against a backdrop of Porcelanosa tiles in the Starwood range brings a softness to the room and is wired with downlighters and usb ports either side. The design of the extensive glazing giving dual aspect fitted with electric blinds is used to form display shelves within the room ensuring the horizonal lines are kept. Recessed lighting finished in neutral tones with carpet floor.
- Ensuite (3.35m x 2.60m)
- A beautifully tiled four-piece suite and finished in Starwood Nebraska ice coffee tiles complemented with the use of crystal white on the walls. Sanitary ware is from the Roca range and flova shower head with ghroe fittings. Wash hand basin fitted with storage beneath and a large upstand mirror. Wall hung wc, bidet and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 (7.05m x 3.65m)
- A relaxing front facing double bedroom with built in walnut mirrored wardrobe and built in display shelves for extra storage. Plenty of glazing overlooking mature planting to the front yet ensuring privacy, recessed lighting and finished in carpet.
- Ensuite (2.10m x 1.80m)
- A tastefully fully tiled three-piece suite with fitted, w.c. and wash hand basin. Recessed lighting, and LED mirror with sensor light.
- Bedroom 3 (5.00m x 3.25m)
- Double bedroom with built in walnut mirrored slide robes located to the rear of the home and overlooking the mature apple tree and lawned garden.
- Bedroom 4 (4.40m x 3.00m)
- Another double bedroom with built in wardrobe overlooking rear garden. This room is exceptionally bright with the advantage of two large windows and light fitting. Finished with carpet and access to attic via stira
- Bedroom 5 (3.12m x 2.80m)
- A fine sized bedroom currently laid out to allow for a change of use should a discerning purchaser wish. This room is another double and again looks out onto the rear garden. It is wired for home office purposes and finished with carpet flooring.
- Family Bathroom (3.20m x 1.85m)
- A generous family bathroom finished with four-piece bathroom suite giving a spa like feel. Corner entry shower complete with raindance shower heard, bathtub, wc and wash hand basin with vanity storage beneath. The use of an extensive mirror enhances the natural light within. Heated towel, recessed lighting.
The courtyard while classed as outside space is more akin to an extra internal room. Accessed directly from the open plan kitchen/dining/living space this courtyard is permanently in use. It has been created against the orchard wall for shelter and the use of electric canopy as well as alfresco heaters assists. A bespoke water feature gives that extra layer to the relaxed feeling in this space. The balance of the outside space surrounding this this home has been designed so that the house itself settles perfectly within the maturity of its planted landscape. The property is accessed through electric gates opening into a driveway with landscaped roundabout at its centre. The use of buxus hedge with agapanthus sets the theme. Mature tree ferns sit below the canopy of 100 year old cypress pine tress and are complimented further by white annabelle hydrangeas. All is set to the backdrop of the old stone orchard wall. A Bay leaf hedge takes position along the boundary on one side while Portuguese laurels are used in other parts of this front garden. The tone of the rear garden is set by the 80yr old apple tree at its centre. Ensuring its safety during construction was paramount and set against the backdrop of the orchard wall it has a fitting place. Lawned and enclosed garden with side access to the front. A detached steeltech shed with fully anti-condensation fleece provides plenty of additional storage. This shed is fully wired with double sockets and lighting an ideal garden storage unit.
BER No. 113187066
Energy Performance Indicator: 37.45 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: 021 4275079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.