- Floor area of approximately 59sq.m. (cottage) and 152 sq.m. (outbuildings)
- Scope and opportunity to extend and modernise subject to planning permission
- Gated off-street carparking
- Approximately 0.1 acre
- Walking distance to Shankill DART Station
- Mature secluded road of cottages adjacent to Shankill Village and a regular bus route
- Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale
Currently the property comprises of a pebble dashed single storey two bedroom cottage, constructed in the early 1900s. There is a large gated courtyard to the centre and an L-shaped one and a half storey cowshed which generously extends to approximately 152 sq.m. (1,636 sq.ft.). Internally the accommodation in the cottage extends to approximately 59 sq.m. (635 sq.ft.) and comprises of a sunroom, entrance hall, kitchenette, bathroom, sitting room and two bedrooms. The property is very much in original condition throughout and there is no central heating system installed. It would now benefit from upgrading and modernisation throughout.
The location of this cottage is unparalleled being within seconds’ walk of Shankill Village with its excellent range of facilities, shopping and amenities including Tesco Express, Brady’s Pub, Lidl and Costa Café. The area is very well served by public transport links including the local DART at Shankill and numerous bus routes as well as the LUAS at Cherrywood. The N11 and M50 interchange are both within easy reach of the property and provide ease of access to and from the city centre and nationwide. There is also a wide selection of recreational amenities close by including golf, rugby and football clubs as well as pleasant walks along Shankill Beach, over Killiney and Dalkey hills and Shanganagh Park with its fields and playground. There is also an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools with Rathmichael National School, St. Anne’s and St. Gerard’s just to mention a few.
- Sunroom (3.2m x 1.4m)
- with door opening out to the courtyard, single glazed windows, Beko washing machine, Servis freezer and step up into the
- Entrance Hall (1.0m x 3.7m)
- with the fuse board, electricity metre and door opening through to the
- Kitchenette (2.1m x 3.7m)
- with laminate floor, stainless steel sink and drainer unit with cupboard under, Tricity Bendex electric oven with four ring hob, freestanding undercounter fridge, partially tiled walls, attractive 1930's fireplace with tiled surround and ceiling tiles
- with tiled floor, bath, w.c., wash hand basin, partially tiled walls and hot water tank over the bath and single glazed frosted window overlooking the rear of the property
- Sitting Room (3.6m x 3.9m)
- with stone fire surround with timber mantle and gas coal effect fire, single glazed window overlooking Lower Road
- Bedroom 1 (3.6m x 2.3m)
- dual aspect with single glazed window overlooking Lower Road and the other looking into the sunroom, and hatch to the attic
- Bedroom 2 (3.6m x 4.0m)
- dual aspect with single glazed window overlooking Lower Road and the other overlooking the courtyard
- Outbuildings/Cowshed (16.9m x 5.3m + 9.3m x 6.6m)
- L-shaped extending to approximately 152 sqm overall, with window and up and over vehicular door opening out onto Lower Road, two doorways accesible from the courtyard and a corrugated roof
There is a large concrete central courtyard between the cottage and cowshed, it is gated and provides off street car parking. There is also a coal bunker and garden store.
BER No. 112672225
Energy Performance Indicator: 750.71 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.