- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Planning Permission granted (D15A/0119) to increase the floor area to 203 sq.m (2,185 sq.ft)
- Private site behind high walls (8ft approx.)
- Current Floor area approximately 93 sq.m (1,000 sq.ft)
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Large Workshop/Den (additional 35sq.m)
- Secure parking for a number of cars behind high gates
- Close to Glasthule, Sandycove & Dalkey villages
- A regular bus service and DART on the doorstep
- Surrounded by excellent schools, churches, recreation & leisure activities
- Many tranquil walks available at Dalkey/Killiney Hill & by the seafront
- Potential for further development subject to the necessary Planning Permissions
- Digital security alarm
- Double glazed windows throughout
An attractive detached bungalow residence occupying a wonderful position in the heart of Glenageary close to a plethora of amenities, facilities, schools, shops and superb transport via the bus and DART.
Greengates is a unique detached bungalow securely tucked away behind high granite walls that is located close to the junctions of Marlborough Park and Marlborough Road. It is approached via double folding entrance gates that open into off street parking for a number of cars. On the southern side is a purpose built workshop or kids den whilst also providing excellent storage.
Briefly the property comprises an enclosed porched entrance that opens into a generous reception hall. Next is the open plan interconnecting dining/living room and kitchen with utility area. There are three bedrooms, a family bathroom and an en suite off the master. A hatch to the attic with pull down ladder provides further storage.
The property currently has Planning Permission granted (D15A/0119) to extend the bungalow to a sizeable 203sq.m (2,185sq.ft) 4 bedroom family home. Works involved including demolition of the workshop/den and increasing the footprint of the southern side of the property to provide a large kitchen that opens into a dining room and living room. It also provides for the addition of a fourth bedroom with study, walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom. A major benefit will be the repositioning of the front granite wall in line with the boundary of 1 Marlborough Road and this will maximise the site area.
This property is perfect for those looking to spoil themselves for a home in one of Dublin’s most desirable and sought after addresses with access to the DART and bus services on the doorstep. Located within walking distance are the superb vibrant villages of Sandycove, Glasthule and Dalkey. The extensive facilities in Dun Laoghaire Town Centre are also a short commute away. The area boasts a wealth of amenities and facilities including specialist and boutique shops, bars, water sports, tennis, golf, rugby, football and GAA clubs and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin. There are excellent primary and secondary schools within the surrounding area including Harold National School, Castle Park, Glenageary Killiney National School, Cluny, Rathdown and Loreto Abbey Dalkey. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its two piers will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast as will the Forty Foot at Sandycove Harbour.
- Enclosed Porched Entrance (1.75m x 0.65m)
- with tiled floor and hall door opening in to the
- Reception Hall (2.8m x 2m)
- with timber effect floor, Phonewatch digital security alarm unit and telephone points
- Inner Hall (0.9m x 3.55m)
- with shelved hot press with dual immersion and timer and cupboards over
- Family Bathroom
- with bath with shower attachment over, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., painted wainscoting, timber panelling to the bath, part tiled walls, medicine cabinet with light over and extractor fan
- Bedroom 1 (2.75m x 3.65m)
- with timber effect floor, corner wash hand basin with mirror over, shaving socket and light, wardrobes with cupboards over and window overlooking front
- Bedroom 2 (4.6m x 2.7m)
- with timber effect floor, twin windows overlooking the rear, a range of mirrored fronted sliderobes, telephone point and sliding door opening into the
- En Suite Shower Room
- with step in tiled Triton T90Z electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated radiator towel rail, louvered door medicine cabinet, shaving socket and light, painted wainscoting and extractor
- Bedroom 3 (2.6m x 2.7m)
- with window overlooking the rear and a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over
- Dining Room (3.25m x 3.3m)
- with sliding door opening in, solid parquet floor, hatch to attic with pull down ladder, window looking front, ceiling coving and door to the
- Kitchen (2.7m x 3.5m)
- with a range of fitted shaker maple press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit, Beko dishwasher, Flavel standalone cooker with four ring electric hob and oven under, Sieg chimney effect extractor over, tiled splashback, space for standalone Powerpoint cooker, pull out pantry, pull out corner unit, double glazed door opening out to the rear, picture window overlooking the rear and door to
- Utility Area
- with Beko washing machine and Vokera gas fired central heating boiler
- Sitting Room (3.45m x 6.15m)
- with arch opening in, solid parquet floor, picture window overlooking front and double folding French doors opening out to the rear, attractive gas fire with raised hearth and mantle over and ceiling coving
- Workshop/Den (3.5m x 9.5m (Overall))
- with timber panelled walls
- with drawers, presses, single bowl sink unit with Triton water heater, Velux skylights, four ring electric hob with Philips oven under and fitted shelving
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled Triton T80 shower, wash hand basin, w.c. and cork tiled floor
To the front is parking for a number of cars, whilst along with a workshop/Den the gardens wrap around the property and comprise areas of lawn and patio that is bordered by mature planting. The entire site extends to approximately 0.13 acre.
BER No. 106041023
Energy Performance Indicator: 267.67 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 106 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.