- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Attractive lawned gardens extending to approximately 0.24Ha (0.61 acre) with stunning views to the front and a sunny south facing orientation to the rear
- Breath-taking sea views over the roof tops of Dalkey, Dun Laoghaire Harbour across Dublin bay to Howth
- Dalkey Town Centre and all its wonderful facilities on the doorstep
- Surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools
- Floor area approximately 245sq.m (2,637sq.ft)
- Dalkey DART Station, 111 & 59 bus routes as well as the Aircoach makes commuting simple
- Potential for further development subject to the necessary planning permissions
- Secure off street parking for a number of cars
- Large attic offering potential to extend into
- Tranquil scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills and by the seafront on the doorstep
- A wide range of recreational and leisure facilities close by
It offers the prospective purchaser a wide range of options to refurbish the existing 245sq.m (2,637sq.ft) or redevelop the entire site to take full advantage of its elevated position and stunning views. There may also be potential for further development subject to the necessary planning permissions as the entire site extends to a sizeable 0.24Ha (0.61 acre). Similar such schemes have been carried out on neighbouring properties.
Briefly the property comprises a bright and airy detached bungalow residence of generous proportions accessed via a welcoming hall. This in turn opens to the well fitted kitchen/breakfast room and the interconnecting drawing/dining rooms both of which have large sliding patio doors that open onto the elevated decked terrace enjoying the breath-taking sea views. To the rear of the property is a further sitting room/conservatory and the four excellent double bedrooms, the master enjoying views of the garden and the view of the sea. Two shower rooms, a utility and a guest w.c. conclude the accommodation of this wonderfully located family home.
The position of this quality property would be of major interest to those trying to get a foothold in the highly regarded and much sought after Dalkey location. This coastal town offers a wide range of local and specialist shops, cafes, delicatessens, excellent pubs and some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin. The surrounding area is well served by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools including Loreto Abbey Dalkey, Harold Boys, Castle Park and the Harold National School. Dalkey DART Station at the top of the town also provides access to many more. Dalkey also caters for many recreational and leisure facilities with Cuala GAA and Dalkey United situated close by as well as tennis and hockey clubs. There are also many fitness centres and the tranquil scenic walks over Killiney/Dalkey hills and along the seafront are particularly popular. Dun Laoghaire Harbour has its two piers and the four yacht clubs and extensive marina will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Entrance Hall (6.4m x 2.5m)
- wide welcoming L shaped entrance hall with cloakroom
- Kitchen/Family Room (7.6m x 5.4m)
- open plan with oak floor and eye level units with tiled splashback, integrated Belling double oven, four ring electric hob and extractor, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit, recessed lighting, family area with marble fireplace and gas fire insert and sliding doors to large decking with superb sea views
- Drawing/Dining Room (9.9m x 6.6m)
- L shaped double aspect reception room with marble fireplace with coal effect gas fire insert, sliding patio door to deck with amazing sea views over Dublin Bay and Dun Laoghaire Pier
- Family Bathroom (3.2m x 2.5m)
- with skylight, part tiled walls, bath, corner shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c. and recessed lighting
- Sitting Room/Conservatory (7.9m x 3.7m)
- with recessed lighting, fitted radiator cover and overlooks the rear garden
- Bedroom 3 (4.2m x 3.7m)
- with fitted sliderobes and overlooks the rear
- Bedroom 2 (3.6m x 2.9m)
- with built in wardrobes and overlooks the rear
- Shower Room (2.6m x 2.6m)
- with part tiled walls, w.c., wash hand basin, shower and recessed lighting
- Bedroom 1 (4.2m x 3.8m)
- with built in wardrobes and fantastic sea views
- Bedroom 4 (5.0m x 2.6m)
- double bedroom located beside the garage
- Guest W.C.
- with wash hand basin and w.c.
- Utility Room (3.2m x 2.9m)
- which is plumbed for washing machine, houses the gas boiler and door to rear garden
- Garage (5.0m x 2.7m)
- single car garage currently used for storage
To the rear of the property there is parking for a number of cars. There is a sunny south facing orientation. The front gardens fall away from the property and enjoy the enviable views. They are lawned and planted offering a high degree of privacy and seclusion. The overall site area extends to approximately 0.24Ha (0.61 acre).
BER No. 111081238
Energy Performance Indicator: 436.31 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.