- Beautiful double fronted detached dormer bungalow.
- Mature private south facing rear garden of 19m x 12m (61ft x 42ft) abundant with flowers and shrubs.
- Ample gravelled off-street car parking to the front.
- Garage of 4.8m x 2.4m (15’9” x 7’10”) offering excellent storage.
- Fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, Rayburn oil fired cooker, integrated hob, integrated double oven and curtains included in the sale.
- Overall floor area: approximately 162 sq.m. (1,744 sq.ft.).
- Double glazed timber framed windows.
- Gas fired central heating.
- Superb location minutes from Rathgar, Terenure and Rathfarnham Villages.
A very fine detached dormer bungalow built in the 1930’s, offering spacious well-laid out accommodation of approximately 162 sq.m. (1,744 sq.ft.) approached by a gravelled drive offering excellent off-street car parking with a side passage to the rear and a garage to the side. Many of the original features of its era are intact including mahogany fireplaces, high ceilings, picture rails and the property further benefits from a beautiful private south facing manicured rear garden laid out mainly in lawn bordered by raised flowerbeds and mature shrubbery. The well-maintained interior briefly comprises of two magnificent and well-proportioned interconnecting reception rooms with the living room opening into the rear garden, the kitchen is also to the rear with access to the side and rear garden, two of the bedrooms and a bathroom are at the ground floor level with bedroom three and four and a shower room at the first floor level. There is excellent potential to further extend this wonderful home and convert the garage in order to increase the living accommodation, subject to the necessary planning permissions, if so desired.
Lower Dodder Road is a well-established mature road which connects Dodder Park Road and Orwell Road, approximately 1.6km from Rathgar Village, approximately 6km to the south of the city centre and approximately a 20 minute walk to the LUAS at Windy Arbour and Dundrum. There are further shopping facilities and delicatessens available within easy reach by a short walk to Terenure and Rathfarnham Villages, not to mention excellent primary and secondary schools including Terenure and Templeogue Colleges, Our Lady’s Presentation, St. Mary’s College, Mount Anville, Alexandra College, The High School Rathgar amongst others. There are also a wide variety of recreational facilities in the area with beautiful walks along Dodder Linear Park and the hive of activities in Bushy Park. The City Centre is highly accessible being only 6km away and the Rathfarnham and Dundrum Bus Corridors together with the Luas at Windy Arbour offer easy commuting to the city centre and surrounding areas.
- Entrance Porch: (1.0m x 1.8m)
- leads to
- Entrance Hall: (7.9m x 1.8m)
- with shelved pantry, understairs storage and picture rail.
- Dining Room: (4.7m x 4.3m)
- with open fireplace with beautiful mahogany mantel and surround, cast iron and tiled inset with a slate hearth and picture rail. Arch through to
- Living Room: (5.6m x 4.2m)
- with picture rail, open fireplace with mahogany mantel and surround, tiled and cast iron with brass hood inset and slate hearth. Door to rear garden.
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (5.4m x 3.3m)
- with a range of fitted cupboards and units, Butcher block timber countertops, centre island, plumbed for dishwasher and washing machine, sink unit, tiled splashbacks, integrated Baumatic four ring gas hob, integrated Electricity electric double oven, Rayburn oil fired cooker (heats the water), brick feature wall and arch around the oven and cooker. Door to rear garden.
- Bedroom 1: (4.7m x 3.2m)
- with sink unit, picture rail and bay window.
- Bedroom 2: (5.1m x 4.0m)
- with fireplace with mahogany mantel and surround, cast iron and tiled inset, picture rail and centre rose.
- Cloakroom: (1.6m x 1.1m)
- with picture rail, cork tiled floor, alarm panel, heating controls and step-in shelved hotpress with immersion. Leads to
- Bathroom: (2.4m x 2.3m)
- with w.c., wash hand basin with cupboard under, bath with Mira Elite 2 electric shower over, partially tiled walls and cork tiled floor.
- Bedroom 3: (3.9m x 3.8m)
- with fitted wardrobes, vanity area and recessed lighting.
- Shower Room: (2.0m x 1.6m)
- with w.c., wash hand basin, step-in shower, fully tiled walls, tiled ceramic floor and timber vaulted ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 / Study: (3.9m x 3.8m)
- with eaves storage and velux window.
Gravelled car parking is provided to the front for numerous cars with a side passage leading to the delightful south facing mature manicured rear garden of approximately 19m x 12m (61ft x 42ft), abundant with flowers and shrubs. There is a garage to the side with solid timber double doors offering excellent storage and could easily be converted, subject to planning permission, to increase the overall living accommodation if so desired.
BER No. 109659649
Energy Performance Indicator: 369.66 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 2 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6
Telephone: 01 492 4670 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.