- Charming detached 1950’s bungalow of approximately 103sq.m (1,109sq.ft)
- Standing on approximately 0.3 acre
- Planning permission granted for a stunning three-bedroom contemporary home of approximately 200sq.m (D18B/0503)
- Gated vehicular access and right of way from Wolverton Glen
- Rear garden of approximately 44m in length
- Strolling distance to Dalkey Village with excellent restaurants, amenities and services
- Fitted carpets, curtains and appliances included in the sale
The house offers well-proportioned accommodation laid out over one level. While it has been well-maintained throughout it would now benefit from some upgrading and modernisation. Internally the accommodation briefly comprises an entrance hall, living room, four bedrooms one of which is a box room, a family bathroom and a bright kitchen/breakfast room overlooking the rear garden. The windows throughout the house are predominately double glazed units with a few original single glazed units remaining and the heating is gas fired. One of the biggest features of Gortevan is the rear garden which measures approximately 44m in length. It is currently laid out in lawn with mature planting and hedging to the boundary walls. To the very end of the garden there are large vehicular gates and a parking area. There is an established right of way via Wolverton Glen in the property title.
There is huge opportunity here for purchasers to create a wonderful home with the existing planning permission granted or indeed by attaining their own planning permission for a single dwelling or possibly two houses. The permission that has been granted would permit you to demolish the existing single storey extension to the rear and construct a new single storey extension with roof lights. The accommodation internally would comprise of three spacious double bedrooms one of which is en suite, a living room/library, a large family bathroom, utility and w.c. To the back of the house there is a wonderful large modern open plan kitchen/dining/family space which extends to approximately 62sq.m. This overlooks the rear garden and opens out onto a large patio area and there is a mezzanine level above this. The planning permission granted also provides for a new sliding electric gate and vehicular access from Wolverton Glen which would be preferable for most people given the busy nature of Barnhill Road.
Gortevan is located on Barnhill Road which is within a short strolling distance of Dalkey Heritage Town where you will find an abundance of excellent restaurants, specialists food shops, services and amenities. There are many leisure and recreational activities in the surrounding area including swimming at the Forty Foot and Sandycove Harbour with Killiney Golf Club, Sandycove and Glenageary tennis clubs, Cuala GAA/Dalkey United Football Club all being within close proximity. There are exceptionally pleasant and attractive walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along the seafront.
- Entrance Hall (5.8m x 2.1m)
- with storage cupboard housing the hot water tank with ventilated shelving, digital alarm panel, skylight up into the attic and steps down to a lower level
- Living Room (4.9m x 4.3m)
- with gas coal effect fire with tiled surround, picture rail, two windows overlooking the front of the property, window overlooking the side and simple circular plasterwork feature to the ceiling
- Bedroom 1 (4.2m x 3.5m)
- with window overlooking the front garden and to the side
- Bedroom 2 (3.2m x 3.6m)
- with window overlooking the side
- Lobby (0.8m x 2.8m)
- with storage cupboard with ventilated shelving
- Bedroom 3 (3.1m x 2.6m)
- with window overlooking the rear garden
- Bedroom 4/Study (2.1m x 2.7m)
- with window overlooking the rear garden
- Family Bathroom
- with tiled floor, partially tiled walls, w.c., wash hand basin, bath with shower over and window overlooking the rear
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.6m x 4.3m)
- with two windows overlooking the rear garden, two windows to the side, a range of wall and floor units, stainless steel double drainer sink unit, partially tiled walls, free standing Logic electric oven with four ring hob over, cupboard housing the fuse board and electricity meter and door with window to side
To the front of the property there are vehicular gates opening out onto Barnhill Road. There is a large front garden which is laid out in lawn and tarmacadam providing off street parking for several cars. There is gated pedestrian access to either side of the house. To the rear of the property there are two garden sheds and a third store that house the gas fired central heating boiler. The garden itself measures approximately 44m in length and is laid out mostly in lawn with mature planting. To the end of there is a concrete area for parking and large vehicular gates which open out to Wolverton Glen.
BER No. 101102994
Energy Performance Indicator: 400.85 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: 01 285 1005 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.