- Detached double fronted dormer bungalow
- Completely rebuilt & redesigned by Carol Pollard Architect
- Ideally located on Mount Merrion’s premier residential road
- Generous illuminated rear garden approx. 29m./95ft.
- Feature open plan kitchen/dining/living area overlooking rear garden
- 6 zone gas fired central heating downstairs
- No maintenance Carlson windows
- TV, cat 5 and fibre cabling to each room, with central patch panel in store room
- Central vacuming system
- Insinkerator waste disposal
- Video intercom
- Fitted curtains, blinds and fitted kitchen appliances included in the sale
- Floor Area: Approx. 266 sqm / 2,863 sq ft
Glenbeg is an instantly appealing French red tiled roof bungalow originally built in the late 1930’s and has been completely redeveloped and redesigned by the current owners in 2001 under architect supervision of Carol Pollard (past president of The Royal Institute of Architects Ireland).
The property which, on completion, was entered in the Irish Architectural RIAI region awards now extends to an impressive approx. 266 sqm./2,863 sq.ft., of tastefully presented well laid out accommodation. Downstairs includes feature open plan kitchen/dining area with feature part pitched glazed ceiling opening into a cosy living room overlooking the rear garden with eco-friendly efficient wood burning stove, large sitting room, utility, store, bedroom (en-suite). Upstairs there are a further 3 bedrooms including the master bedroom with en-suite and family bathroom.
The property is built with an eye to the future with no maintenance aluminium clad Carlson windows with energy efficient argon glass panes, underfloor and roof insulation, downstairs 6 zone underfloor heating gas fired heating system and the house is fully newtorked with TV, cat 5 and fibre cabling throughout.
St. Thomas’s Road is Mount Merrion’s most sought after residential road, ideally located off The Rise with its neighbourhood shops which are a focal point for Mount Merrion. There is also a vibrant community centre, church and sporting facilities, UCD Belfield campus and an excellent choice of some of the country’s best known schools including Mount Anville, Colaiste Iosagain, the Teresian School, St Andrew’s and Blackrock College to name but a few. The property is also within a short walk of the quality bus corridor on the N11 which provides easy access to Dublin city centre. Major shopping centres in Stillorgan and Blackrock and the DART station in Booterstown is also easily accessible.
- Porched Entrance
- Reception Hall
- with oak timber floor, recessed down lighting, feature circular wall, under stairs storage and door to
- Sitting Room (7.05m x 3.45m)
- with ceiling coving, recessed down lighting, coal effect gas fire, slate hearth, oak floor and French doors to rear patio.
- Study (3.65m x 3.45m)
- with recessed down lighting and varnished timber floor.
- Bedroom 1 (5.25m x 3.25m)
- including good range of built-in wardrobes, built-in corner desk with shelves above, recessed down lighting, varnished timber floor and door to
- comprising large corner shower, vanity whb, wc, tiled floor and tiled walls with Skytube light.
- with double doors to cloaks cupboard and door to
- Guest WC
- comprising wc, pedestal whb and tiled floor.
- Kitchen/Dining area
- open plan
- Kitchen (5.00m x 3.65m)
- fitted with a very extensive range of Shaker maple-style units, comprising cupboards, drawers, saucepan drawers, presses, granite marble worktop with one-and-a-half bowl sink unit, insinkerator, five ring De Dietrich gas hob with feature extractor hood over, integrated dishwasher, space for large American-style fridge/freezer, De Dietrich double oven, centre island unit with breakfast bar and granite worktop and tiled floor.
- Dining Area (3.45m x 6.75m)
- with oak floor, floor-to-ceiling glass overlooking the patio with a pitched glazed ceiling and two sets of French doors leading to patios to the side and rear.
- Living Room (4.50m x 4.50m)
- with oak floor, feature wood-burning stove set on raised slate hearth, French doors looking down the garden and glazed side door out onto patio.
- Utility Room (4.40m x 1.90m)
- well-fitted with range of presses and cupboards, worktop, one bowl stainless steel sink drainer unit, plumbed for washing machine, door to rear garden and step up to hotwater tank and door to
- Store Room (1.90m x 5.30m)
- with set of double doors leading to front.
- with feature circular oak staircase.
- with oak floor and two Velux roof lights.
- Master Bedroom (10.00m x 3.95m)
- (overall measurement includes en-suite), varnished timber floor, extensive range of under eaves presses, recessed down lighting, dormer picture window with views overlooking the garden & the grounds of UCD beyond, door to
- comprising free-standing bath, corner shower unit, wc, vanity whb, tiled floor, partly tiled walls and separate walk-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 (4.25m x 4.65m)
- including built-in drawers, wardrobe and desk, varnished timber floor.
- Bedroom 4 (3.55m x 5.35m)
- with varnished timber floor and access to attic.
- comprising bath, wc, vanity whb and tiled floor.
The front garden is gravelled providing generous off street parking with pedestrian side access. The generous rear garden extends to approx. 29 m/95 ft. It is walled and hedged, laid out largely in lawn with cypress trees, apple trees and barna shed which is wired for power. Generous patio with access off the kitchen with raised flower beds with shurbs, bushes and palms trees.
BER No. 111350054
Energy Performance Indicator: 298.09 kWh/m2/yr
Address: 103 Upper Leeson, Dublin 4
Telephone: 01 6624511 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.