- Extensive plot size of approximately 0.16 Ha (0.4 acre) with extensive road frontage on to Edwin Court and the Upper Albert Road
- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Within a short walk of DART and the superb amenities in Sandycove, Glasthule and Dalkey
- Floor area of approximately 193 sq.m (2,075 sq.ft)
- Excellent off street parking
- Vast potential for further development subject to the necessary Planning Permissions
- Convenient to excellent primary and secondary schools and a host of local amenities in the nearby villages
- Glenageary DART Station on the doorstep
- Excellent recreation and leisure facilities including popular walks over Killiney and Dalkey hill, the seafront and Forty Foot bathing club
- Connected to mains gas
A pedestrian side access leads through the to the impressive rear gardens that borders the entire entrance to Edwin Court and behind other houses on Upper Albert Road. Should planning permission be sought to demolish the house or access was granted by the residents of Edwin Court, then this would provide vast potential for a small residential scheme or a further development. The site area extends to approximately 0.16 Ha (0.4 acre).
Internally a enclosed porch entrance opens into a welcoming reception hall with three bedrooms to the front of the property. To the rear is a kitchen/dining room which in turn leads to a sunroom, a fourth bedroom, living room opening into a very large extended family/games room with a bathroom completing the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are two attic rooms. The overall floor area excluding the attic rooms extends to approximately 193 sq.m (2,075 sq.ft) and many of the neighbouring houses have cleverly designed the upstairs into further bedrooms and alternate accommodation.
The property is conveniently located within walking distance of Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey villages which provide a wide range of specialist shops, restaurants, churches, an excellent selection of schools and two shopping centres in nearby Dun Laoghaire. Glenageary DART Station is only a short stroll down the road giving ease of access to and from the city centre. The LUAS at Cherrywood with the N11 and M50 also make commuting to and from the city centre and nationwide very simple. There is a wide selection of recreational amenities in the immediate area such as pleasant walks over Dalkey and Killiney hill and by the seafront and there are excellent sporting facilities including golf and tennis clubs nearby as well as having the Cuala/GAA, Dalkey United sports ground available on Hyde Road. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Enclosed Porched Entrance (2.35m x 1.25m)
- with sliding double glazed door opening in, quarry tiled floor and a frosted glazed door opens into the
- Reception Hall (2.4m x 4.15m)
- Inner Hall (3.7m x 1.15m)
- with high ceiling and picture rail
- Bedroom 1 (4.05m x 4.15m)
- with timber effect floor, a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over and chest of drawers with fitted mirror over
- Sitting Room (3.6m x 5.45m)
- with glazed door opening in, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, picture rail, elevated fireplace with gas coal effect fire to the front and raised hearth and double glazed door leading out to the garden
- Bedroom 2 (2.65m x 4.1m)
- with frosted glazed door opening in, timber floor and picture rail
- Family/Games Room (11m x 4.45m)
- with glazed sliding doors opening in, solid parquet floor, double glazed windows overlooking the garden and a double glazed sliding patio door out to the garden, skylights and raised brick open fireplace with timber mantle and fuel store to the side
- Bedroom 3 (2.75m x 2.55m)
- with elevated cupboard enclosing the electrics, corner shelving, cupboard, window looking rear and telephone point
- with large jacuzzi bath with Triton electric shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., corner shelved hot press with dual immersion and timer, tiled floor and walls and window overlooking the rear
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.6m x 6.4m)
- with frosted glazed door opening in, solid oak floor, recessed lighting, is fitted with a range of Cherrywood Shaker style press units, drawers, polished granite worktops, one and a half bowl sink unit set in, island unit with breakfast bar, cupboards and drawers, Neff four ring electric hob, Jet Air chimney effect extractor over with glass hood, display cabinets, integrated Neff dishwasher, integrated Zanussi stainless steel double oven, stainless steel microwave over, Neff integrated fridge/freezer, fitted shelving, tall radiator and glazed door opens into a sunroom
- Bedroom 4 (3.9m x 3.65m)
- with double glazed window facing front, high ceiling, picture rail, a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over, sink unit set into vanity top with mirror over and shaving socket and light above
- Sunroom (3.25m x 4.55m)
- with digital heating controls for the gas fired central heating boiler, is plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer and door to outside w.c.
- Upstairs/Dormer Area (5.75m x 6.2m)
- with door to
- Attic Space
- housing the water tanks
The property is approached to the front by a patio driveway providing off street parking for two cars with the remainder laid out in paving with decorative stone, mature planting, hedging and trees. Pedestrian side access leads to the extensive rear gardens which extend to approximately 0.16 Ha (0.4 acre) and measures approximately 56m (183ft) in length.
BER No. 112957782
Energy Performance Indicator: 553.1 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.