- Highly regarded, quiet, mature, family orientated location.
- Generous, well proportioned accommodation of approximately 175 sq.m (1,884 sq.ft).
- Magnificent southerly rear garden of approx. 54m/177ft in length.
- Excellent potential to extend to the rear and to the side subject to the necessary planning permission.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Fitted carpets, curtains, and kitchen appliances included in the sale.
- Ample off street car parking to the front of the property.
- Digital security alarm
Internally, the accommodation at ground floor level comprises of a porched entrance that opens into a particularly large reception hallway off which there is a living room overlooking the front garden along with three bedrooms, a family bathroom, kitchen, and a large family room overlooking the rear garden. On the first floor there are two more bedrooms and the master enjoys glimpses of Dublin Bay towards Howth. There is a garage to the side and lean-to shed which provides excellent opportunity to convert subject to the necessary planning permission. Importantly there is great potential to extend to the rear to take advantage of the southerly aspect (subject to planning permission).
The jewel in the crown is the magnificent extensive rear garden(s) which enjoys a high degree of seclusion and the perfect southerly aspect. It is laid out in a terraced area and an extensive lawn bordered by a wide variety of mature shrubs, specimen plants and trees.
This is without doubt an idyllic location off Killiney Road and Avondale Road, in close proximity to Dalkey, Killiney village, Glenageary, and Glasthule. Recreational amenities in the area abound including peaceful walks over Killiney Hill. The property is also located close to a wide range of some of south County Dublin’s most sought after schools including Rathdown, Cluny, Glenageary, Killiney National School and the Dalkey School Project to name just a few. St Andrew’s, Blackrock College, and CBC Monkstown are all easily accessible via the DART. Transport links are plentiful with the DART station at Glenageary only a short walk away and there are many bus routes near by, including the number 7, 7a, and 59 allowing ease of access to the city and surrounding areas. The M50 is also close at hand opening up the national road network, and the Aircoach is close by servicing the airport on the hour from Fitzpatrick’s Castle Killiney and Dalkey Village. There are a wide variety of recreational amenities within the vicinity to include golf, rugby, tennis, hockey, and football clubs, with the four yacht clubs at Dun Laoghaire, along with it’s marina. One is spoiled for choice in terms of pleasant walks in the area, including those over Dalkey and Killiney hills and along the sea front at Sandycove and Dun Laoghaire.
- Entrance Porch (1.5m x 0.7m)
- with sliding door opening in, tiled floor and door through to the
- Entrance Hallway (7.8m x 2.4m)
- with ceiling coving, centre rose, door to understairs cloaks hanging with Phonewatch panel and door to
- Living Room (3.9m x 5.8m)
- with bay window to front, ceiling coving, centre rose and feature fireplace with tiled surround and raised tiled hearth
- Bedroom 1 (3.6m x 4m)
- with picture window overlooking the front
- Bedroom 2 (3.6m x 2.8m)
- with window to side and fitted wardrobes
- with fully tiled walls and floor, vanity wash hand basin with wall mounted mirror and strip light over, pedestal w.c., heated towel rail, frosted glass window to the side and fully tiled step in Aqualisa electric shower
- Bedroom 3 (3m x 3.1m)
- with picture window overlooking the garden and a good range of fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen (3.4m x 2.9m)
- with a range of floor and eye level units, integrated Beko dishwasher, stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, Nordmende stainless steel undercounter oven, Beko four ring ceramic hob, space for fridge/freezer, door to hot press, wide plank floor, French doors leading out to the terrace and arch through to the
- Family/Dining Room (3.7m x 7.3m)
- triple aspect room overlooking the garden with feature fireplace with tiled surround and raised tiled hearth
- with door to fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 4 (3.7m x 5.1m)
- with views towards Dublin Bay and Howth
- Bedroom 5 (3m x 3.1m)
- with built in wardrobe and window overlooking the rear garden
- Garage (2.4 x 4.9)
- with double doors opening in, a good range of shelving and door through to
- Lean to / Greenhouse (2.4 x 6)
- with glazed door out to the rear and shelving
As previously mentioned, the magnificent rear garden is a particular feature of this property, measuring approx. 54m (177ft) in length with patio area and an extensive lawn and enjoying a great degree of privacy and seclusion. It is well stocked with a good range of mature plants, shrubs, and trees and it provides ample opportunity to extend subject to necessary planning permission should one so desire. There is gated side access to the front of the property and there is ample off street car parking to the front. The front garden is mainly laid out in lawn and is bordered by mature shrubs and hedging. In addition there is a large garage with electricity. There is a block built shed housing the boiler. Garage: 2.4m x 4.9 (7’10 x 16’0): with double doors opening in, a good range of shelving and door through to Lean to : 2.4m x 6m ( 7’10 x 19’8”) with glazed door out to the rear and shelving
BER No. 112977061
Energy Performance Indicator: 570.71 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 8 Railway Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland, A96 D3K2
Telephone: or you can also email us at email@example.com
Any intending purchaser(s) shall accept that no statement, description or measurement contained in any newspaper, brochure, magazine, advertisement, handout, website or any other document or publication, published by the vendor or by Lisney, as the vendor’s agent, in respect of the premises shall constitute a representation inducing the purchaser(s) to enter into any contract for sale, or any warranty forming part of any such contract for sale. Any such statement, description or measurement, whether in writing or in oral form, given by the vendor, or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, are for illustration purposes only and are not to be taken as matters of fact and do not form part of any contract. Any intending purchaser(s) shall satisfy themselves by inspection, survey or otherwise as to the correctness of same. No omission, misstatement, misdescription, incorrect measurement or error of any description, whether given orally or in any written form by the vendor or by Lisney as the vendor’s agent, shall give rise to any claim for compensation against the vendor or against Lisney, nor any right whatsoever of rescission or otherwise of the proposed contract for sale. Any intending purchaser(s) are deemed to fully satisfy themselves in relation to all such matters. These materials are issued on the strict understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through Lisney.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.