- Prominent town centre location
- Benefits from a licence to sell liquor on or off the premises
- Situated on an extensive site of c. 0.15 acres
- Redevelopment potential (Subject to planning permission)
- C. 5,669 sq. ft.
Newtownards is a provincial town located c. 13 miles east of Belfast at the northern tip of Strangford Lough. The subject property occupies a prominent roadside location fronting Frances Street, one of the main retail pitches in Newtownards town centre.
The immediate area comprises a mix of retail, professional office, leisure and residential uses. Occupiers in the locality include Ulster Bank, Reeds Rains and Stewarts Solicitors.
The property comprises a public house (no longer trading) with ancillary stores and residential accommodation at first floor level. Three are 3 no. private bar areas within the building along with an adjoining, self-contained off licence accessed from Frances Street.
The accommodation is arranged over a mixture of two storey and single storey structures. The front of the property comprises a two-storey building of block construction comprising bar space with a former flat at first floor level while the remainder of the space is contained within single storey accommodation to the rear.
The property is situated on an extensive site of c. 0.15 acres which benefits from a rear service area and additional access onto East Street.
The property benefits from a licence to sell liquor for consumption either on or off the premises in accordance with Article 5 (1)(a) of The Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order 1996.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Ground Floor (Bar & Store Areas) - 376.40 Sq M (4,051 Sq Ft)
First Floor (Off License) - 16.33 Sq M (176 Sq Ft)
Second Floor (Former Residential Flat) - 134.00 Sq M (1,442 Sq Ft)
Business RatesGround Floor: Licenced Premises (Bar)
Rating Assessment: £12,500 (Net Annual Value)
Rates Payable* 2017/2018: £6,825.59
*The rates payable figure is quoted exclusive of 20% Small Business Rates Relief, which will apply to the majority of incoming occupiers.
Ground Floor: Shop (Licenced)
Rating Assessment: £2,850 (Net Annual Value)
Rates Payable* 2017/2018: £1,556.23
*The rates payable figure is quoted exclusive of 25% Small Business Rates Relief, which will apply to the majority of incoming occupiers.
First Floor: Residential Flat
Rating Assessment: £87,500
Rates Payable* 2017/2018: £634.90
EPC Rating - E122
The property has an energy rating of E122.
A full certificate can be made available upon request.
Offers are invited for the property.
We have been advised that the property is held freehold.
If applicable, will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
All prices, outgoings and rentals are stated exclusive of but may be liable to VAT.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.