- Unique opportunity overlooking The Mall
- Existing office building comprising c. 22,171 sq ft
- Total site area c. 0.18 acres
- Part Grade B1 listed building
- Excellent location in Armagh
The City is well connected via a number of arterial routes including the A3, Portadown Road and the A28, Newry Road.
The subject property occupies a prominent roadside location fronting Gosford Place & Russell Street, overlooking The Mall sports pavilion playing fields.
The immediate area is characterised by historic buildings, largely of architectural merit.
The Mall Shopping Centre is also located within close proximity.
The property is a mix of converted residential, listed, terrace buildings and a purposely built office extension fronting onto The Mall.
The original listed building element is understood to be of 1830’s construction with an extension in the early 1970s.
Internally the office space is highly cellular in nature and arranged over basement plus 4 upper floors.
There is lift access and an external terrace area on the top floor providing fantastic views over The Mall.
4 dedicated on site car parking spaces are located to the rear, accessed off Russell Street.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
*The above sizes are Gross Internal Area (GIA)
As per the Armagh Area Plan 2004 the subject property is located within the Armagh City Conservation Area.
There may be potential for a Boutique Hotel / B&B, refurbished offices and residential homes with an element of ground floor retail/restaurant/coffee shop uses fronting onto The Mall (subject to planning permission and all necessary consents.)
Please Note - Potential purchasers should make their own enquiries in this regard.
The building was listed Grade B1 under the following references;
- HB15/17/021 on 5th November 1997.
- HB15/17/033G on 28th January 1998.
This will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
EPC RatingThe property has an Energy Efficiency rating of D97.
A full certificate can be made available upon request.
We understand the property is held by way of a Freehold title.
Offers in excess of £400,000 exclusive.
We understand that the property has been assessed for rating purposes as follows:
Net Annual Value: £91,900
Rate in the £ 2018/19: £0.589932
Rates Payable: £54,214.75
We understand that an ‘Option to tax’ has not been made and that VAT is not applicable.
Customer Due Diligence
As a business carrying out estate agency work we are required to verify the identity of both the vendor and the purchaser as outlined in the following:
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/692/made
Any information and documentation provided by you will be held for a period of five years from when you cease to have a contractual relationship with Lisney. The information will be held in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on our client file and will not be passed on to any other party, unless we are required to do so by law and regulation.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.