- Approximately 66.59 acres
- Approximately 95,000 sq ft gross external floor area
- Potential for educational, healthcare and other uses, subject to planning permission
- Freehold title within Folios TY33388 and TY27577F
The principal house on the Estate, known as Corville House, was built about 1770 and owned by the Birch family who were wealthy landowners in the area.
In the first part of the 19th Century the estate was leased by the Prittie family, and then in about 1878 it was bought by Count John O’Byrne. His son Patrick O’Byrne, a prominent member of North Tipperary County Council and local business man, inherited the property. In 1930, Count Patrick O’Byrne sold the property to the Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the current owners.
Historians tell us that, in the 6th Century, St. Cronan chose this site for his monastery which he named “Sean Ross” which gave rise to the growth of Roscrea town. As a result of this, the Sisters named their new convent, Sean Ross Abbey.
At the request of Government, the Sisters opened a home for mothers and babies in 1931. The work continued until 1970 when different social conditions prevailed. The Government again approached the Sisters to provide for children with Intellectual Disabilities, and so began St. Anne’s school. In the early 1990’s this was extended into St. Anne’s Service for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities. These works continue, partially on site, and under the separate management of The Daughters of Charity Service.
The property is comprised within Folios TY33388 and TY27577F, standing on approximately 66.59 acres
The land in sale comprises a wide range of institutional, residential and other buildings including Corville House, woodland, farmland and a historic walled garden.
Specifically excluded from sale are St. Anne’s Special School, the Abbey ruin with attached graveyard and two cemeteries. Rights of way will be provided to ensure access to these sites.
Contact Peter Stapleton 01-638 2700
|The buildings occupied by The Daughters of Charity Service include:|
|The Villas, Residential Care Unit||1,263
|The Stables, Day Service Unit||875
|Marian House, Day Service/Administrative Offices||1,551
|Bungalow No. 2 & Adjoining meeting room||283
|Bungalow No. 3||214
|The Orchard (walled gardens)
|The buildings occupied temporarily by St Anne’s School include
|The New Hall
|Bungalow No.1 adjoining The New Hall
|The balance includes
|The Lodge. Modern residence at the entrance
|Corville House - Currently configured with
24 bedrooms of which 20 are en suite
|St. Mary’s Hall||170
|Shalom Detached House||240
|Bungalow No. 4
The buildings occupied by The Daughters of Charity Service are presently the subject of an informal agreement under which rent is paid regularly.
The Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary will enter into a lease with the purchaser in respect of The Lodge, under terms to be negotiated and agreed in due course. There will be vacant possession of the balance.
REA Seamus Browne
Main Street, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
Contact: Seamus Browne
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.