- Current rental income of £13,140 exc. VAT per annum
- Refurbishment/Redevelopment opportunity
- Huge potential for asset management
- Just 5 miles from the Port of Larne
The industrial estate is split into two parts, the northern end of the estate is accessed from Starbog Road and the southern end of the estate is accessed from Shanes Hill Road.
Property uses in the surrounding area are a mix of commercial and residential. Immediately adjacent to the estate is the Kilwaughter Mews residential development, built on the site of the former Kilwaughter House Hotel. Opposite the estate on the Starbog Road is Kilwaughter Lime, an operational limestone quarry.
Access/DirectionsTake the exit off the A8 for Kilwaughter and continue on this road (Shanes Hill Road) for approximately 0.9 miles. The Shanes Hill Road entrance is located directly after the turnoff for Kilwaughter Mews housing development. For the northern end of the estate, whilst on Shanes Hill Road, take the turnoff for Starbog Road on the right hand side. The entrance to the estate is directly opposite Kilwaughter Quarry and as you turn left into the lane, is at the top of the hill.
The units comprise of several former agricultural buildings which have been subdivided into various units. The properties are of mixed construction type, age and material, with some in better condition than others.
The cottages have been vacant for a significant period of time and would require extensive refurbishment or demolition. We note that there is expired planning permission on part of the site for two replacement dwellings. Please see planning section opposite.
|Unit||Use||Size (GEA) Sq Ft||Size (GEA) Sq M||Tenancy||Rent per annum|
|J||Unit & Haulage Yard||1893||175.9||Tenanted||£3,600|
|10 Starbog Rd||Cottage||632||58.7||Derelict||Nil|
|12 Starbog Rd||Cottage||443||41.2||Derelict||Nil|
|14 Starbog Rd||Cottage||415||38.6||Derelict||Nil|
|16 Starbog Rd||Cottage||1,134||105.4||Derelict||Nil|
Outline planning for ‘Site of 2 Dwellings and garages to replace 3 cottages’ was granted on 12/9/2005 under the reference F/2005/0113/O.
As far as we are aware no development commenced, therefore we assume that the planning expired on 07/09/2008.
|E||Removed from valuation list|
|10 Starbog Rd||£40,000|
|12 Starbog Rd||£38,000|
|14 Starbog Rd||£37,000|
|16 Starbog Rd||£59,000|
Offers are invited in the region of £125,000
All prices, outgoings and rentals are exclusive of, but may be liable to VAT
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.