- Situated on the Bray seafront with superb beach and sea views looking towards Bray Head, Dalkey and Killiney.
- Illustrious history being extensively used by Ardmore & RTE for filming over the years and frequented by stars such as Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
- Close to DART and Train and the many amenities of Bray.
- Purpose built Former Victorian hotel from 1870s with Full Planning Permission for a new bar/restaurant/cafe and 44 superb apartments with under croft carparking
Bray is a centre of considerable regional importance and is the administrative, retail/commercial, educational and transportation hub of County Wicklow. The town is located 22 km south of Dublin and 15km of the M50. The town is easily accessed via the N11/M11, Dart, Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann Services. The property is located in a prominent position on Strand Road 1km from Bray DART Station. The property is also located close to a host of amenities, with the immediate surrounding area comprising mainly three storey buildings of both commercial and residential uses.
The property comprises a four storey Victorian building of 3,716 sq.m. (40,000 sq.ft.) Gross Internal area which has been extended over the years and includes a substantial return building, on a site of approximately 0.45 hectares (1.1 Acres). To the front of the hotel there is a large tarmacadamed area that is enclosed within a boundary wall surmounted by a wrought iron railing.
The property is situated close to Bray Head and enjoys considerable prominence at the southern end of the promenade. The Bray Head is situated directly opposite the beach and many important commercial, hotel, guest house and business occupiers situated along the seafront.
The property is situated in an area Zoning Objective ‘SF’ Bray Sea Front ‘To provide for the development and improvement of appropriate seafront uses” under the Bray Municipal District Local Area Plan 2018.
The vision of this zoning is to “To protect and enhance the character of the seafront area and to provide for mixed - use development including appropriate tourism, retail, leisure, civic and residential uses. The Seafront area shall be promoted as the primary tourist, recreational and leisure center of Bray”.
The building is also recorded on the Record of Protected Structures Reference No. B99.
The property, which is included on the Record of Protected Structures, has full planning permission for development on the subject property which includes the demolition of the building to the rear of the existing hotel and partial demolition of the existing hotel. The development comprises of the demolition of poorer quality additions to the hotel (c.575sqm) and redevelopment of the hotel site bar / restaurant / cafe use (c.409m2) and the development of 44 apartments to be incorporated into the hotel and in a new rear extension.
Type No. Size Range (Sq.m)
Studio Apartment 1 40
One Bedroom Apartments 12 45-68
Two Bedroom Apartments 24 76-119
Three Bedroom Apartments 7 100-117sqm
Type Floor Level Size Size (Sq.m)
Bar/Restaurant Ground 243
Café/Bistro Ground 63
Back of House Ground 103
Freehold title and offered for sale with full vacant possession. The property has the benefit of a 7 day Publican’s licence.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.