- Comprises of a regular shaped site extending to approximately 0.7ha (1.73 acres)
- The site benefits full planning permission for a 123-bed nursing home
- Access roads and service infrastructure will be provided to the boundary of the site together with an extensive landscaping plan surrounding the site
- The site forms part of an existing residential development which is under construction, located close to all amenities
- Drogheda’s 2016 Census Profile shows a sizable group of 4,580 inhabitants aged 65 and over
The property is well located on the northern side of the R166 Termonfeckin Road, Drogheda, Co. Louth, approximately 3km north east of Drogheda Town Centre.
Drogheda lies approximately 40 km north of the Dublin Port Tunnel and Dublin Airport and Dublin City is approximately 49 km to the south. Dundalk is approximately 26 km and Belfast is approximately 120 km to the north. Drogheda is one of the country’s largest towns and has excellent potential for future growth. There are excellent services located within Drogheda town centre with good bus and rail services. The population as per the 2016 census is 40,956, making it the third largest town by population in Ireland. There are approximately 4,580 inhabitants aged 65 and over (11% of the entire population).
In addition, Drogheda has a hinterland population of excess 70,000 inhabitants within 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) radius covering County Louth and County Meath. The surrounding area has a mix of residential units and local amenities including schools, shops and a GAA Club.
The subject site comprises a regular shaped site extending to approximately 7,000sqm (1.73 acres) and benefits full planning permission for a 123-bed nursing home under Register Reference Number 181. The site forms part of a larger residential development of 87 residential dwellings which are currently under construction. The access road and services will be provided to the boundary of the subject site. In addition, an extensive landscaping plan will be complete surrounding the subject site.
The demand for both nursing home and retirement living accommodation is expected to increase significantly into the future which stems from the fact that Ireland has a rapidly ageing population. The CSO’s population estimates as at the end of 2018 show that there were almost 673,500 people aged 65 and over in Ireland with over 158,000 of these aged 80 or over. Based on the CSO’s population projections these figures are set to increase significantly over the coming years. There are approximately 4,580 inhabitants aged 65 and over (11% of the entire population) in Drogheda and the site offers a prime opportunity to develop a nursing home to cater for this increased demand into the future.
Description Floor Area (Sqm) No. Bedrooms
Ground Floor 2,670 46
First Floor 2,553 46
Second Floor 1,834 31
Total 7,086 123
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.