- Circa 5.7Ha (14 acres) of Residentially Zoned Land
- Prestigious location on Sion Road, on the eastern side of Kilkenny City
- OPP 27 Detached Houses (Planning Ref 14/586)
FORMAL BINDING TENDERS DUE 12 NOON, 14th JUNE, 2018.
Prestigious location on Sion Road, on the eastern side of Kilkenny City on a rural radial route from Kilkenny city leading to the village of Bennettsbridge. Sion road is a desirable up market residential area within the city.
The property is approximately 2 miles from Kilkenny City Centre. The property is outside the line of the Kilkenny City Ring road and within a ½ mile of the IDA Business Park at Purcellsinch. Lyrath Hotel is within 1 mile of the property.
The property consists of a range of Diocesan buildings set on circa 5.7Ha (14 acres). The property has approximately ¼ mile of road frontage with 3 entrance gates off the public road on to the property. The majority of the land is undeveloped with circa 4 acres of woodland of mixed quality located at various points in the property. The land immediately to the rear of the buildings is undeveloped amenity grounds leading to woodlands and the river bank.
The property is zoned “Residential: low density” and “Recreation, amenity and open space” in the Kilkenny City and Environs Development plan 2014 to 2020.
The property was granted outline planning permission (Planning ref 14/586) for a development of 27 detached houses. Copy plans and planning permission available on www.kilkennycoco.ie or on request.
Mains water, mains drainage, ESB, natural gas heating and telephones.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
The complex of buildings were designed and constructed in the 1960’s for the use and benefit of the Dioceses of Ossory to include:
· Bishops residence.
· Bishops Chapel.
· Diocesan offices and meeting rooms.
· Peace in Christ Retreat centre.
The residential house on the property known and used as the Bishops residence is a high quality residential dwelling with a copper roof and spacious living accommodation. The house has a separate 2 bedroom “housekeepers flat”. The accommodation includes a waiting room, study, oratory, dining room, sitting room, kitchen, utility, 5 bedrooms, various bathroom facilities and service/ storage areas. The interior proportions are superb with generous room sizes and floor to ceiling heights. The house has been well maintained over the years including part double glazing of windows and natural gas central heating. Nonetheless, the house would require modernization if converted in to a family home
In general, all buildings on site appear in good condition and have been well maintained over the years. The prefabricated buildings are circa 40 years old with a flat roof.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.