Price Guide price €5,000,000
- Suitable for a wide range of uses subject to planning permission
- Opposite the former Clerys Department Store and the new Moxy Hotel
- Only 50m from the Marlborough LUAS stop
- Title: Part Freehold/Part Fee Farm Grant
The property is superbly situated in the heart of Dublin City on the south side of Sackville Place only 100m from O’Connell Street and 750m from Connolly Station. Sackville Place links O’ Connell Street to Marlborough Street and the Green Line Marlborough LUAS Cross City Stop. The LUAS Red Line Abbey Street Stop is 250m south of the property and the prime shopping street of North Earl Street as well as the Talbot Street and Lower Abbey Street shopping and service districts are close by. Numerous Dublin Bus services are available in the vicinity and Busáras offers nationwide bus services and is only 500m away.
There are a number of exciting new developments driving change in the vicinity and the property in sale is situated opposite the new €16 million 157 bedroom Moxy Hotel (Marriot) which is currently under construction. Dublin City Council are actively developing plans to upgrade the street finishes on Sackville Place as part of a package of works following on the development of the LUAS Cross City. Sackville Place is an important access route leading to the Marlborough LUAS which is only 50m from the property in sale.
On the northern side of Sackville Place the former Clerys Department Store has been sold with the benefit of planning permission for a substantial mixed-use development of over 32,000 sq.m. to include a 176 bed hotel on Earl Place, high-end retail, offices, beverage/food uses, and a roof top destination venue. The hotel will link to the front building through a glazed skyway.
On O’Connell Street, Hammerson have planning permission to build a 120,000 sq.m. retail led scheme with residential, offices and restaurants in a six storey complex. At nearby Arnotts, the Selfridges Group is to invest €11 million in a refurbishment. On Middle Abbey Street a 365 bedroom hotel has been proposed by Fitzwilliam Properties. Other exciting City Centre developments in Dublin 1 include the Parnell Square Cultural Quarter, the redevelopment and expansion of the Abbey Theatre and the development of over 3,300 student accommodation units.
This is an exciting refurbishment, extension and redevelopment project in the central area just off O’Connell Street and directly opposite the new €16 million Moxy Hotel. The property, which is currently in educational use, comprises a substantially built modern concrete frame structure with part two storey and part four storey sections extending to approx. 2,004 sq.m. (21,570 sq. ft.). The building is of brick and concrete/masonry construction with concrete floors, plastered and painted walls, and suspended ceilings. Other features of the building include a passenger lift serving all floors, gas central heating, mechanical ventilation and double glazed aluminium framed windows.
The four storey portion of the building forms the majority of the accommodation fronting onto Sackville Place. A small portion of the first floor of the two storey section to the east of the main building does not form part of the sale. This portion is occupied by the Abbey Street Methodist Church and used as a meeting room by their Dublin Central Mission and accessed through a rear first floor link to their Abbey Street premises.
Town Planning Zoning
The property is situated in an area that is zoned Z5 - City Centre “consolidate and facilitate the development of the central area, and to identify, reinforce, strengthen and protect its civic design character and dignity”.
The title is part freehold part fee farm grant.
TU Dublin will require a lease free of rent upon closing of the sale and will provide vacant possession of the premises in October 2020.
A data room has been set up to provide the information needed to carry out the normal detailed commercial and legal due diligence required to submit a legally binding tender for the property. New documents may be added to the Data Room on an ongoing basis. Access is restricted to those parties whose authorisation has been formally approved and to whom passwords have issued (the “Participants”).
The property is for sale by tender. Tender documents are available from either the offices of the solicitors or the agents. Completed tender documents are to be returned in a sealed envelope marked “Sackville Place Tender” and to be received no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 6th March 2019 to the offices of Lisney, 7th Floor Reception, St. Stephen’s Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2. The vendors are not obliged to accept the highest or any tender submitted.
Mason Hayes & Curren Solicitors, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, D04 TR29. Ph: (01) 6145000. Contact: Ref: N Byrne. E-mail: email@example.com
By Appointment Only
|Floor||Gross Sq. M.||Gross Sq. Ft.||Nett Sq. M.||Nett Sq. Ft.|
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.