- Approx. 11.34 hectares (28.03 acres)
- Prime location within the 5 star Fota Island Resort
- Within easy commuting distance of Cork city, Cobh, Midleton and the employment hubs of Carrigtwohill and Little Island.
- Full planning permission for 88 houses
- All mains services available, planning contributions paid and no Part V requirement
The property forms part of the 550 acre 5 star Fota Island Resort situated on the eastern side of Cork harbour approx. 15km east of Cork city centre, just south of the Carrigtwohill intersection on the N25, approx. 6km north of Cobh and 9km west of Midleton. It is an approximate 20 minute drive from Cork city and Cork International Airport. It is strategically located just 1km south of the N25 dual carriageway. The Dunkettle Interchange and Jack Lynch Tunnel are approx. 8km to the west which connect the N25 with the Dublin M8 and the South Ring Road network. The employment hub of Little Island is approx. 6km to the west along the N25.
The property is situated in a prime location on Fota Island to the south of the main entrance into Fota Island Resort from the Cobh Road R624 and access to the property is through the main Fota Island Resort entrance. It is situated in an attractive parkland setting adjoining mature woodland and the Fota Island Golf Course. All of the amenities of Fota Island Resort are adjacent including a 131 bedroom 5 star hotel and spa, 27 hole championship golf courses, golf academy and clubhouse, tennis courts and a network of walking/running paths. Fota Island Golf Club hosted the 2014 Irish Open. The property is within walking distance of Fota House and Arboretum, Fota Wildlife Park and Fota Island Train Station.
The property comprises a greenfield landholding of approx. 11.34 hectares (28.03 acres) laid out in two main sections. Access to the property is through the main Fota Island Resort entrance from the Cobh Road and over an estate roadway close to the existing Courseside Lodges.
Paddock 2 comprises approx. 3.18 hectares (7.86 acres) and it is laid out in one main paddock with a roadway traversing the land from east to west. There are two shed buildings centrally located on the site.
Paddock 3 comprising approx. 8.16 hectares (20.17 acres) adjoins Paddock 2 and it is laid out in one main paddock with a roadway traversing the land from east to west. The land slopes gradually down towards its southern boundary.
All main services are available. Much of the services infrastructure is already in place as part of the previous residential developments at Fota Island Resort.
By special appointment with the sole agent, Lisney.
Paddock 2 - House Nos 1 - 44
|House Type||Description||Sq M||Sq Ft||No of Units|
|E||4 bed detached||200||2,153||3|
|F||4 bed detached||182||1,959||8|
|G||3 bed detached||141||1,518||8|
|H||3 bed townhouse||116||1,249||4|
|J/J1||3 bed townhouse||97||1,044||19|
|M||3 bed townhouse||100||1,076||2|
Paddock 3 - House Nos 45 - 88
|House||Description||Sq M||Sq Ft||No of Units|
|A||4/5 bed detached||332||3,588||3|
|B||4/5 bed detached||300||3,229||5|
|C||4/5 bed detached||278||2,990||4|
|D||4/5 bed detached||252||2,712||32|
Condition No 2 of the planning permission states that House Nos 1 – 44 inclusive in Paddock 2 shall remain in single ownership and shall be used for short term holiday letting in perpetuity. There are no restrictions on the occupancy of house Nos. 45 – 88 in Paddock 3 and these houses can be used for full time owner occupation. Planning contributions are paid and there is no Part V requirement.
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: +353-21-427 5079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.