- Site area extends to approx. 2.8 hectares (6.9 acres)
- Incorporates a period building dating c.1855 with single storey extensions extending to approx. 1,254.2 Sq M (13,500 Sq Ft)
- Elevated site with panoramic views of Cork Harbour and beyond
- Potential for development subject to planning permission
- Zoned ‘Existing Built-up Area’ in the Ballincollig-Carrigaline Municipal District Local Area Plan 2017
- Conveniently located approx. 12km south east of Cork city centre, 5km east of Rochestown and 2.5km north of Monkstown.
The property is situated centrally in Passage West on the west side of Fair Hill at the mid way point between Cork Street R610 to the north and Church Hill to the south.
The surrounding area is mainly residential in character with a series of one off houses in the vicinity. Árd Chuain is adjacent and comprise a high end development of exclusive one-off detached houses with the Former St Mary's Convent site situated opposite the subject property.
Passage West is a popular commuter town with a population in the region of 5,800 (Census, 2016) and is situated approx. 12km south east of Cork city centre, 5km east of Rochestown, 2.5km north of Monkstown and the subject property is an estimated 15 minute walk to the local primary and secondary schools.
The property comprises an irregular shaped site extending to approximately 2.8 hectares (6.9 acres) and is situated on an elevated site in Passage West which offers tremendous scenic views overlooking Cork Harbour and beyond.
The property incorporates a period detached five bay two storey building with dormer attic built in c.1855 (according to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage) with single storey extensions built in the 1970’s/80’s. The entire building extends to approx. 1,254.2 sqm (13,500 sqft).
The period building and its gardens are situated towards the northern end of the property leaving the remaining lands to the south uninterrupted and available for development subject to planning permission.
The property’s primary access is from the eastern boundary from its mid way point with an entrance roadway traveling up alongside the eastern boundary and circling around to the building’s front elevation and courtyard area to the buildings southern end.
The property is in an area zoned ‘Exisitng Built-up Area’ in the Ballincollig-Carrigaline Municipal District Local Area Plan 2017. The property is within an area zoned ‘Architectural Conservation Area’ and is in a ‘High Value Landscape’ area within the Cork County Development Plan 2014.
Mount St Joseph’s is listed in the Record of Protected Structures (RPS ID – 01471).
Conditional planning permission (Cork County Council planning ref: 17/7272) for a mixed commercial and residential development was recently secured on the Former St Mary's Convent site close by with the immediate area set to change and improve in the medium term.
All main services are available.
Strictly by appointment through Lisney, sole selling agents
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: +353-21-427 5079 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.