- • Superbly restored and extended Georgian residence with equine facilities
- • Very good quality drained grazing lands with fenced paddocks, gallops and a 2.6km Bridle Path
- • Close to the beautiful and historic village of Slane and with views of the hills of Slane, Tara and Skreen.
- • Mix of Georgian and modern accommodation with wonderful natural light
- • High quality 4 reception, 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom residence of 4,000 sq.ft. with 2 staircases
- • Separate studio apartment adjoining 10 unit mares foaling block
- • FPP for a new private main road entrance has been granted.
- • The renowned Tankardstown House / Hotel, Slane Castle and Whiskey Distillery are close by.
The accommodation extends to an approximate gross internal area: of 372 sq.m. (4,000 sq.ft.) and is finished to a very high standard throughout. Newrath House is a period Georgian property enjoying views of County Meath and the 3 landmark hills of Slane, Tara and Skreen. The house dates from 1790 and was fully renovated in 2008 when a modern 2-storey extension was added. The house has an attractive entrance hall which leads to a drawing room and a lounge with dining room to rear, a ground floor guest wc, utility room and a traditional kitchen with family room. The bedroom accommodation comprises 5 bedrooms, 4 of which are en-suite. There is a large gallery linking the original period house with a new 2-storey extension. This features a full height glass screen overlooking the walled garden to the rear, and an extensive balcony. The first floor summer room is a particular feature. It is fully glazed on 3 sides with a balcony all around and overlooks the entire holding. The house has a pebble driveway with recreated period style railings on either side. There is gas fired central heating throughout. The property will appeal to persons interested in a peaceful rural location with 75 acres of fine agricultural lands suitable for farming on a full or part time basis.
EquestrianEquestrian features of the property include approx. 70 acres in fenced paddocks, a 22-furlong fenced cross-country gallop; a 5-furlong turf gallop adjacent to the all-weather gallop and extensive land drainage. There is a 2.6km bridle path around the perimeter of the property which allow full access to the lands. The property is also a lovely walking amenity. The Mares’ Block, situated near the residence, is of modern circular design and consists of 10 large foaling boxes. A compact residential unit was created in the building for staff use and there is a hay barn and tack room. On the adjoining property, which is not in sale, the vendors previously created a state-of-the-art equestrian complex to include 11 residential houses and American barns, and the main entrance. These units were built and finished to a high standard in 2010.
Title and ServicesFreehold title with no rights of way. Communal sewerage system and two wells.
Town PlanningThe property not zoned under the Meath County Council Development Plan 2013 to 2019.
By special appointment only: Contact: Ross Shorten of Lisney, 01 638 2700, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or John B. Harrington of Smith Harrington, 046 902 1113, email: email@example.com
BER No. 221/43 kWH/m2/yr
Energy Performance Indicator: 110344116 kWh/m2/yr
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.