- Extensive town centre opportunity
- c. 0.59 acres
- 6,235 sq. ft. (Gross Internal Area) of buildings
- Prominent frontage of c. 42m onto Main Street
- Suitable for a wide variety of uses, subject to planning
Moira is located approximately 17 miles south-west of Belfast and approximately 1 mile from junction 9 of the M1 Motorway. Moira benefits from excellent public transport and road links with the M1 providing easy access to Belfast and the West of the province.
A large part of the town centre has been designated as a Conservation Area which has added to the attractiveness of the Town. The subject property is located outside this designation which is highly beneficial in terms of future redevelopment of the site. There has been significant recent housing development in Moira with further schemes under construction.
The property is adjacent to a Supervalu retail store and the surrounding area comprises a mix of uses to include residential, restaurants/cafes and retail/petrol filling stations.
This represents an exceptional redevelopment opportunity (subject to planning).
The two storey former PSNI station is located in the centre of the site and was constructed c. 2001 to a high specification with a number of further outbuildings / stores plus a generous car parking / yard area to the side and rear.
Internally the PSNI Station layout is cellular in nature comprising reception and a number of offices. There are also male and female changing areas with w.c.’s, shower facilities and a kitchen area. There is a boiler room within the main building with external access only.
Externally there is an adjoining garage and a detached store /warehouse with tarmac car parking and a wash area.
The property could be suitable for a wide variety of uses, subject to all necessary consents.
Site and Floor plans can be made available to interested parties
Viewing by appointment through sole selling agent Lisney.
We understand the accommodation on site to be arranged as follows (based on a gross internal area).
Former PSNI Building: 4,695 sq ft
Adjoining Garage:718 sq ft
Detached Stores: 822 sq ft
Total: 6,235 sq ft
The total site comprises c. 0.59 acres.
We have reviewed the local area plan; Draft Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan (BMAP) 2015 (Moira/Lisburn section) and understand that the subject property has been zoned as ‘White Land’ and is located within the development limit of Moira.
All interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries into the planning potential of the site.
TitleWe understand that the subject property is held freehold.
EPCThe property has an energy rating of C63.
Full certificates can be made available upon request.
Asking PriceUnconditional offers around £850,000 excl. are invited for the subject property.
RatesWe have been verbally advised by Land & property services of the following:
Rate in the £ 2018/19 0.555698
Rates Payable 2018/19 £32,898
VATAll prices, outgoings and rentals are stated exclusive of but may be liable to VAT.
Stamp DutyIf applicable, will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Customer Due DiligenceAs a business carrying out estate agency work we are required to verify the identity of both the vendor and the purchaser as outlined in the following:
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/692/made
Any information and documentation provided by you will be held for a period of five years from when you cease to have a contractual relationship with Lisney. The information will be held in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on our client file and will not be passed on to any other party, unless we are required to do so by law and regulation.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.