Price Guide price €1,500,000
- • Convenient location in this thriving and prosperous mixed commercial and residential area
- • Current short-term occupiers not affected
- • Previous grant of planning permission for a substantial mixed use development
- • Current on-site commercial buildings total approx. 640 sq.m. in good condition and well maintained
- • Superb location close to all amenities and within easy reach of Dublin city centre
- • The property offers substantial further development and redevelopment potential
Lucan village main street has been substantially upgraded and redeveloped in recent years to a very high standard and offers every modern amenity including new residential developments offering stylish modern residential accommodation. The M50 and N4 routes provide easy access to the city centre and indeed all parts of Dublin with Dublin airport only 15 minutes drive. A frequent QBC bus service operates into the city and Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
This high profile property extends to approximately 0.2 hectares (0.5 acres) and is mainly regular in shape. The site is bound by the River Liffey, the Lucan Road and Lucan Bridge. The buildings briefly comprise a two storey red brick property fronting Lucan Bridge and contained on the Register of Protected Structures. It is currently let on a short term basis on the upper floor as a showroom and interior design shop and extends to approx. 208 sq.m. (tenant not affected). The lower level of this building briefly comprises 208 sq.m. and is vacant. It was previously let to Martone Press Limited who have relocated. There are two modern industrial units constructed on the site. They have between them a total gross external area of approx. 225 sq.m. and are currently let to a Gym on a short term basis (tenant not affected). All of the buildings are well maintained and in good condition. The property is accessed via a right of way through the adjoining Hills Industrial Estate. The sale includes an additional area comprising half the width of the River Liffey adjoining the river bank. The property in sale comprises Units 33, 34, 39 and 40, Hills Industrial Estate.
The property is held under freehold title. Access to the property is via a right-of-way through the Hills Industrial Estate. A service charge applies to the provision of services to the property in sale. Details of the current short term income and copy leases are available on request.
Planning permission (Reg. Ref. SD09A/0233) was obtained on 14/4/2010 and subsequently extended by a further 5 years (expiring 13th April 2020) for (1) Demolition of 2 no. warehouses Units No. 33 and No. 34; (2) removal of external stair core at Units. 39/40 and creation of 4 no. new windows opes on south and east elevation and internal alterations to building at rear of Protected Structure; (3) 2 no. storey (over lower ground floor car park level) commercial building consisting of 1 no. commercial unit and ancillary office over; (4) 1 no. storey (over lower ground floor car park level) restaurant unit ancillary services and an open courtyard deck to connect; (5) upgrade of existing windows and entrance door of Unit No. 40 (Protected Structure); (6) provision of car park and bin storage at lower ground floor level; (7) permission for signage as indicated; (8) all ancillary site works. Access to the data site containing copies of the plans and planning permissions is available on request.
The property is situated in a Regeneration Zone “to facilitate enterprise and/or residential led regeneration” under the South Dublin County Council Development Plan 2016 - 2022. Uses permitted in principle under this zoning include:
Advertisements and Advertising Structures, Childcare Facilities, Community Centre, Education, Enterprise Centre, Health Centre, Home Based Economic Activities, Hotel/Hostel, Housing for Older People, Industry-Light, Live-Work Units, Motor Sales Outlet, Office-Based Industry, Office less than 100 sq.m, Offices 100 sq.m –1,000 sq.m, Offices over 1,000 sq.mi , Open Space, Petrol Station, Public Services, Recreational Facility, Residential, Restaurant/Café, Residential Institution, Science and Technology Based Enterprise, Shop-Local, Sports Club/Facility.
Open for Consideration include: Bed & Breakfast, Betting Office, Car Park, Cultural Use, Doctor/Dentist, Funeral Home, Garden Centre, Guest House, Hospital, Industry-General, Nursing Home, Off-Licence, Place of Worship, Primary Health Care Centre, Public House, Retail Warehouse, Retirement Home, Service Garage, Shop-Neighbourhood, Social Club, Veterinary Surgery, Warehousing, Wholesale Outlet
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.