Price Guide price €2,000,000
- Unique waterside buildings conveniently situated beside Millennium Park and Kerry Foods, just off the M7 Motorway (New Junction 9A) and offering superb potential for many uses (subject to planning permission).
- Vehicular access available from Millennium Park, Northern Quadrant, M7 Motorway (Junction 9A) and the Naas Inner Relief Road.
- Beside the Northwest Quadrant – a strategic land bank identified by Kildare County Council as the primary area for the future planned expansion of Naas.
- 2,810 sq. m. (30,000 sq. ft.) of buildings of immense character, attractive stone façades and timber beams, situated on 2.4 acres in an idyllic setting on the banks of the Grand Canal beside the Canal Greenway within walking distance of Naas Town Centre.
- Contains superbly refurbished and impressive offices of 584 sq. m. (6,286 sq. ft.) featuring cut stone and wooden beams; a detached refurbished mews of 102 sq. m. (1,100 sq. ft.)
- Substantial development potential exists (subject to planning) for a wide variety of uses from Commercial, Residential and Tourism, Hotel, Food & Bar, Complementary Retail, Office uses and Residential.
- In addition, the property offers excellent potential for a corporate HQ; Distillery/Brewery; Sound recording / TV Film studio or a continuation of the previous commercial and office uses.
The new M7 junction interchange 9A has opened up the potential of Leinster Mills. Existing vehicular access to the property is currently from the canal side which connects directly to the Town Centre at the R407 and Sallins (running under the Naas Western Relief Road and M7). The property will benefit from a future second vehicular access point along its western boundary linking to the Kerry Foods R&D and this will connect the site to the Millennium Park road network and the Naas Inner Relief Road.
Naas is the County Town of Kildare with a growing population of 21,400 (2016 Census) and up from 18,000 in 2006. Access to Naas is predominantly provided via the M7 Motorway, which now has three interchanges serving the town to include the new Junction 9A.
The Sallins and Naas Railway Station, is 1.5km away in nearby Sallins and is used by many residents of Naas and the surrounding area for the daily commute to Dublin. Naas is a busy commuter town being only 20 minutes’ drive from the M50 in Dublin and has enjoyed a significant influx of capital in recent years, with large amounts of residential, commercial and infrastructure upgrades taking place in the area. The commercial core of the town is along the main street with numerous retail occupiers with offices and residential located above. Tesco, Dunnes Stores and Lidl are all in the town.
The adjoining area is changing quickly with Millennium Park planning several large office blocks, retail, living/ work office suites and restaurant. A new 1,000 pupil post-primary school is also planned for the Northwest Quadrant which itself is the primary focus for the future planned expansion of Naas for enterprise, commercial, housing and associated recreational, educational and community facilities.
Nearby commercial occupiers include Kerry Group Global Technology and Innovation Centre; Irish Commercials; 6 no. office blocks to the east of the canal with the HSE; The Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA); GEA Process Technologies Ireland, Horse Sport Ireland; Cocoon Childcare and at Finlay Park where new residential units are under construction.
Leinster Mills dates from 1790 and later became the Odlum’s flour mills. The Mill, which ceased operation in the 1990s, is in good condition for its age and is suited to refurbishment and conversion to a wide range of uses and enjoys 77m of frontage to the road and Grand Canal.
There are over 2,787 sq. m. (30,000 sq. ft.) of existing buildings with attractive stone façades and timber beams. The main corn mill rises to 5 storeys and contains over 1,939 sq. m. (20,870 sq. ft) while a refurbished 3 storey annex of 584 sq. m. (6,286 sq. ft.) contains impressive rooms and facilities with established office use. It features cut stone and wooden beams supported by attractive wrought iron uprights. There are several additional buildings including a refurbished mews (also in office use), various stables, outbuildings and courtyard sheds while the main part of the site is not developed.
The buildings and adjoining lands offer superb potential (subject to planning permission) for an integrated Commercial, Residential and Tourism Development; Hotel; Food Hall; Pub / Restaurant / Café / Wine shop; Complementary Retail (with direct Greenway access); Office uses and Residential (Live / work environment). In addition, the property offers excellent potential for a corporate HQ; Distillery/Brewery; Sound recording / TV Film studio or a continuation of the previous Industrial Manufacturing / processing uses. In addition, the property already has established office and commercial uses.
The existing Naas Town Development Plan 2011-2017 (NTDP) includes the lands as part of Land Use Zoning Objective M with a specific sub-designation ‘M1 Leinster Mills’
Freehold. The property is listed on the Record of Protected Structures and is BER exempt.
Offers in excess of €2,000,000
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.